Author Topic: Welcome to the Election From Hell  (Read 666 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Welcome to the Election From Hell
« on: May 26, 2016, 11:03:16 pm »
http://time.com/4346173/clinton-trump-election-hell/

Welcome to the Election From Hell

Frank Luntz

6:00 AM ET

Frank Luntz is a news analyst and contributor to CBS News and the Fox News Channel
Voters demand that politicians speak as angrily and as disrespectfully as the voters feel

As a professional focus group moderator, I’m about to make an admission that could cost me clients and even a career: I’ve lost control.

Northeastern moms are mad. California Tree Huggers are ticked off. Born Again Iowans are irate. I’ve led three dozen focus groups in more than a dozen states this year, and trying to moderate and mediate a sensible discussion about politics has become like feeding time at the crocodile enclosure. The moment a contentious topic is introduced, a cacophony of voices spew forward in rapid crescendo, each one louder and more breathless than the last. Within minutes, everyone is yelling, no one is listening and nothing is resolved. The public may despise most members of Congress, but we’ve sure gotten good at emulating them.

Welcome to the election from hell.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: Welcome to the Election From Hell
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 01:42:04 am »
Quick read.  Interesting commentary on the mood of voters.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 02:02:11 am »
I found it a fascinating and horrifying read.  Fascinating because it exactly encapsulates what we're all seeing.  Horrifying because of where it very well may lead.  A guy a whole lot smarter than me once said, "a house divided against itself cannot stand".  Ultimately I fear we may repeat the same course he was speaking of.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 02:03:55 am »
Quick read.  Interesting commentary on the mood of voters.
Indeed.  Insightful and terrifying.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 04:16:01 am »
The backbone of the country- the working people are justifiably angry. It is such a shame that a lunatic sixties radical and a rude, belligerent charlatan have emerged as the candidates who inspire the most voters.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 04:27:57 am »
The backbone of the country- the working people are justifiably angry. It is such a shame that a lunatic sixties radical and a rude, belligerent charlatan have emerged as the candidates who inspire the most voters.
Amen Sister!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 11:27:38 am »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 11:38:51 am »
Maybe we're seeing the end of the two party system? I don't know.

I wouldn't mourn it's loss, personally.

I lay the blame at the feet of the media to be honest. So I show no sympathy. The media is dishonest, lies, and is just a mouthpiece for the left. People feel powerless so they elect someone like Trump.

No bleep given, personally.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 12:06:24 pm »
Welcome to the election from hell.

Good God, is THAT ever the truth.  This miserable, detestable saga can't get over soon enough.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 12:07:38 pm »

It's pretty much reflective of the country as a whole.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 12:17:06 pm »
And that's exactly what we need Trump for.  He has the balls and the guts to fix it.  Obama thought he was "it" with his phone and pen, but he didn't have balls or guts, and that's what it takes to get things done.