Author Topic: They Told Trump “We Don’t Have Time for the National Anthem”. Here’s His Live TV Response (VIDEO)  (Read 400 times)

HAPPY2BME

RAYMOND CHARLES GOUDARD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrwl_sz8cuY

Published on May 26, 2016

They Told Trump “We Don’t Have Time for the National Anthem”. Here’s His Live TV Response…

By Tribunist Staff on May 25, 2016

Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump had a larger than expected crowd for a rally in Anaheim today and it lead to a perfect Trump campaign moment.

Trump’s campaign staff was told that the crowd was so large and the event was starting late (as all political events do), and that time constraints meant they would need to skip the national anthem for the television broadcasts.

Not having the national anthem at a rally to support a candidate for President of the United States doesn’t seem very patriotic and Trump didn’t hesitate to respond on live TV.

“I got here, and they all said, ‘We have a great crowd. We don’t have time for the National Anthem,'” Trump recalled. “I said, ‘Yes we do — we have time for the National Anthem, right?'”

The billionaire businessman turned politician then introduced Sherry Wilkins to sing the anthem and open the convention.

When Wilkins finished, Trump thanked her and said she has a “great voice” before pointing out he has a lot of support among women, despite polling data showing they overwhelmingly dislike him.

“I’m telling you women do like me, I’m telling you,” the candidate told a cheering crowd.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
I'll give him credit for that one...smart move.  But yeah, I noted the slap at him in the piece about polling data.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink