Author Topic: Paul McCartney: 'I was depressed after the Beatles broke up'  (Read 306 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Mark Savage
BBC News
May 24, 2016

Sir Paul McCartney has talked candidly about the depression he suffered after The Beatles broke up, confessing he considered giving up music altogether.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's Mastertapes, he said he had been at a loss when the band fell apart in acrimony in 1970.

"It was difficult to know what to do after The Beatles. How do you follow that?" ...

The Beatles officially split in 1970 with the release of Let It Be, but the seeds of their demise were sown a year earlier, when the band appointed Allen Klein as their manager, against Sir Paul's wishes ...
More

Offline goatprairie

Re: Paul McCartney: 'I was depressed after the Beatles broke up'
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 01:18:55 am »
It's interesting that after the breakup the two big names. McCartney and Lennon, mostly produced mediocre or worse stuff while Harrison's and even Starr's music was better.
Which might prove that the Beatles needed George Martin to rein in their talents or.......in the case of Paul and John  they simply ran out of material.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: Paul McCartney: 'I was depressed after the Beatles broke up'
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 01:22:55 am »
Well, a lot of it was Paul's fault, but he apparently had a tin ear.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus