Author Topic: CA Senate Passes Sweeping Gun Legislation  (Read 2251 times)

Offline skeeter

CA Senate Passes Sweeping Gun Legislation
« on: May 19, 2016, 10:15:04 pm »
The state Senate on Thursday approved sweeping new restrictions on using guns in California in response to the December mass shooting by two terrorists that left 14 dead in San Bernardino.

Lawmakers approved 11 bills including measures mandating background checks for Californians buying ammunition and outlawing the manufacture and sale of semiautomatic rifles with detachable magazines.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-gun-bills-20160519-snap-story.html

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: CA Senate Passes Sweeping Gun Legislation
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 10:27:26 pm »
Anyone who registers a firearm as a result of these patently un Constitutional measures deserves whatever happens.

Eff those libtard aholes in Sacramento. ***gadsen@@@
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 10:31:31 pm »
Its bad.

In times past I'd be confident that these ridiculously illegal prohibitions would be stopped dead in their tracks by some court somewhere but now I don't know.

A-Lert

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 10:34:18 pm »
I try not to be cynical, but I don't see much hope for California.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 10:39:03 pm »
Thirty or forty years ago most national anti-tax or other grassroots movements would begin in California.

Now we might as well be a latin American banana republic.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 04:48:41 am »
Its bad.

In times past I'd be confident that these ridiculously illegal prohibitions would be stopped dead in their tracks by some court somewhere but now I don't know.
I'm with you...since CA voted in a RAT super majority and every state office went to the RATS last election, I think the state is fork tender...

I can deal with a lot, but not a constant drumbeat of undermining my rights... :shrug:

eff these libtards.  :chairbang:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 05:34:01 am »
I'm with you...since CA voted in a RAT super majority and every state office went to the RATS last election, I think the state is fork tender...

I can deal with a lot, but not a constant drumbeat of undermining my rights... :shrug:

eff these libtards.  :chairbang:

Californian almost since birth.   Finally sold off the house, packed up, and took everything, lock, stock an barrel.   Left last August, no home address, no state of residence (man, BELIEVE ME, that's not as easy as it sounds), took in 28 states in 70 days, and finally returned to, and settled in Idaho.  I feel free, really free, for the first time in so long, I can't remember. 

I went into an Idaho gun shop.  Came out with a handgun 30 minutes later.  I liked the experience so much, I did it again a few days later.  NEITHER firearm were on the CA DOJ's list of accepted handguns.  Took my DD214 over to the Sheriff's office, walked out with a CCW.  Have had some really nice conversations with local sheriff's deputies.  I've got their back every day of the week.

I went to Wal-mart.  Fine set of firearms.   If Wal-mart didn't sell weapons and ammunition, they'd have to close down the stores.

I doubled back to pick up household goods, and changed my auto insurance and the like on the way.  My car insurance cost dropped in half.   Gas dropped $1.50 a gallon from the time I left San Diego until I reached "home" (My new one).    Electricity rate in California:  .40 per KWH.  Here: .13 per KWH.   Not much difference in food prices.  Real Estate is going nuts here, as are the building trades, but property is still about half the cost in CA on average.  Drive through California looking for cops EVERYWHERE scamming tickets for $$$.  Drive into Oregon, and it's 55 mph for miles and miles and miles.  You can't pump your own gas in Oregon (or get the guy sleeping next to the pump to do it either).  Decidedly OPPRESSIVE in Oregon.  Hit Washington state, and the speed limit is 60 to 65 MPH.   Hit Idaho, from 60MPH to 70 MPH, and in 4-5 miles, you're running at 80 MPH trying to stay out of the way of the big rigs and Grandma going to the church bazaar.   We found at least FIVE, GREAT Churches within 10 miles, and that's only because we got tired of attending all those services.   ***hair on fire

Found a great little shooting range in town ( to 100 years), with a very low cost membership, $3 range fees.  Even nicer one with (I believe) 1000 yard+ range 20 minutes out of town, but haven't been out there yet.  There's all kinds of state and federal land where shooting is legal.

Idaho is like America was, and California too, back when I was a kid.  In fact, the last time California was anything remotely like "America", Ronald Reagan was Governor.

The only thing I left behind was my son, still finishing college (he's on the 10 year plan  :xedfingers: ).   I may have to put together an "in country" rescue mission soon, to go break him out of there.  He's well trained and well armed, and in Kalifornia, that tends to become a problem.

As for CA legislation, we as Americans truly have earned the government we have.   I'm not certain about the exact numbers, but there are certainly enough non-voters in California to toss both useless major political parties out on their collective ears.    California has been absolutely batshiite nutty for at least 25 plus years, pretty much since Jerry Brown was Governor the first time around, and California's have earned their curse.   Yeah, yeah, I've heard the stuff about elites living within 3 miles of the coastline running every else's lives (VDH's blogs), but there are still enough people living there to toss the bums out.  However, they don't.  They just don't do it.   Citizen complacency, combined with progressive activists, is lethal. 

The state is simply not worth the effort anymore.  I still have friends and family there, and I wish them well.   However, I left the "eastern bloc" for freedom, and I'm never coming back - not even to visit (uh...except for rescue missions).  Heck, I don't even care to visit Oregon or Washington state any more than I have to.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 08:48:36 pm »

California Ping

Please click here to be added to or removed from the California Ping List.  ^-^

@bootless
@flowers
@Half Vast Conspiracy
@Machiavelli
@Meshuge Mikey
@Mr McBeevee
@pogo101
@skeeter
@SZonian
@The Jackal
@truth_seeker

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 11:20:53 pm »

California Ping

Please click here to be added to or removed from the California Ping List.  ^-^

@bootless
@flowers
@Half Vast Conspiracy
@Machiavelli
@Meshuge Mikey
@Mr McBeevee
@pogo101
@skeeter
@SZonian
@The Jackal
@truth_seeker
@Machiavelli

Thanks for the ping...please keep me on the list, as maddening as it may be.   :whistle:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 11:22:49 pm »

The state is simply not worth the effort anymore.  I still have friends and family there, and I wish them well.   However, I left the "eastern bloc" for freedom, and I'm never coming back - not even to visit (uh...except for rescue missions).  Heck, I don't even care to visit Oregon or Washington state any more than I have to.
@OldSaltUSN

:amen:

Idaho is on my short list...thanks for the background info.  I'm sure it will prove quite useful in the future.

Godspeed to you and yours,
SZ