Author Topic: Donald Trump is Already Walking Back His Supreme Court List  (Read 6938 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Donald Trump is Already Walking Back His Supreme Court List
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2016, 08:08:52 pm »
he wants to sell the land back to the states and make education local control.

Since states haven't wanted the land when it was offered to them, has he said how that will be addressed?  I applaud putting the burden of land maintenance onto the states that surround it, but how does that work out legally if they don't want it?

Plus, what about the ranchers?  The feds give a HUGE subsidy to ranchers by offering them grazing land at something like 1/23 the market rate.  I'd hate that the price of beef would skyrocket, but it would be worth it if we cut the federal budget/taxes by a corresponding amount...the rancher subsidy is wrong.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 08:10:30 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2016, 08:33:37 pm »
Since states haven't wanted the land when it was offered to them, has he said how that will be addressed?  I applaud putting the burden of land maintenance onto the states that surround it, but how does that work out legally if they don't want it?

My understanding is the feds are not supposed to own any land inside a state that is not related to necessary buildings and ports other then DC. Plus, it was for most of the west forced on the States.

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings US Const. Article 1, Section 8 Paragraph 17

Plus, what about the ranchers?  The feds give a HUGE subsidy to ranchers by offering them grazing land at something like 1/23 the market rate.  I'd hate that the price of beef would skyrocket, but it would be worth it if we cut the federal budget/taxes by a corresponding amount...the rancher subsidy is wrong.
My understanding is States can do it, Feds have no authority in this area. If we get Constitutional  judges it may go this way.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2016, 11:06:30 pm »
My understanding is the feds are not supposed to own any land inside a state that is not related to necessary buildings and ports other then DC. Plus, it was for most of the west forced on the States.

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings US Const. Article 1, Section 8 Paragraph 17
My understanding is States can do it, Feds have no authority in this area. If we get Constitutional  judges it may go this way.
For once Mechanics, I will agree with your response.  Well written!   :hands:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 11:09:12 pm by RetBobbyMI »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy