Author Topic: Charlotte Observer: Girls must overcome 'discomfort' at seeing male genitals in locker room  (Read 6455 times)

rangerrebew

May 19, 2016
Charlotte Observer: Girls must overcome 'discomfort' at seeing male genitals in locker room
By Rick Moran

A shocking editorial in the Charlotte Observer counseled young girls to get over the "discomfort" they feel at the sight of male genitalia when transgender facilities are allowed in North Carolina.

The newspaper assumes the law will eventually be repealed or declared illegal. While that may or may not happen any time soon, it is the justification for this position used by the Observer that reveals the true nature of this battle of the bathroom.

Washington Times:

“This is what the Obama administration nudged the rest of the country toward Friday,” the editorial said. “Yes, the thought of male genitalia in girls’ locker rooms — and vice versa — might be distressing to some. But the battle for equality has always been in part about overcoming discomfort — with blacks sharing facilities, with gays sharing marriage — then realizing it was not nearly so awful as some people imagined.”

The notion that the Obama administration is "nudging" anything is laughable. The Obama Justice Department is shoving this rule down the throats of Americans, most of whom oppose the policy.

How is this issue remotely connected to race relations? It isn't, but gullible Americans will believe it, despite the disconnect from reality. Black and white people did not choose their race. By its very definition, transgendered people choose their gender identity. That's a monumental difference hidden in this politically correct message.

While admitting that exposure to male genitalia is a possible outcome of transgender bathroom laws, the editorial said the notion that such laws constitute a threat to the privacy and safety of women and children is a “political fiction” pushed by Republicans.

“Those safety issues are political fiction — non-transgender men wouldn’t have been allowed in women’s bathrooms under the Charlotte ordinance that HB 2 killed, and the 200 or so cities with similar ordinances have had no incidents involving bathroom predators,” the editorial said

So, biological men enter the bathroom used by biological women and this is not threat to the privacy of women? What spaceship brought this alien to earth?

As for the safety of women, liberals believe that attacks by men in women's rooms will be rare, so it's ok - except,of course, for the parents of a young girl who is molested on one of those "rare" occassions.

But "progress" demands we make those kinds of sacrifices, you ignorant hillbillies.

When a man exposes himself on the street in front of a teenage girl, the police always offer the services of a psychologist to the young woman to help her deal with the trauma of seeing a male penis. Liberals will claim the context is different in a locker room or bathroom. That's nonsense. To a teenage girl, a penis is a penis and context is meaningless.

But to the Charlotte Observer and the Obama administration, teenage girls being exposed to the sight of male genitals is something to be "overcome." In this lunatic world, we place the burden of transgender progress on young girls, telling them to just get over it.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/05/charlotte_observer_girls_must_overcome_discomfort_at_seeing_male_genitals_in_locker_room.html#ixzz496ljsdP9
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I don't think its the sight of male genitalia that is disturbing.    Most teenage girls have helped care for younger siblings or baby sat for other people.  They know about the plumbing.

I think whats disturbing is that they were targeted by a pervert.  The sexual assault aspect of the event.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
This is just unbelievable. This is from someone who supports gay marriage, I actually went to my cousin's lesbian wedding. If I can't stomach this garbage, the population at large will turn on the liberals big time on this issue.

Offline mirraflake

I attended a Derby party a few weeks back and not a single woman there was for men or transgenders in the bathroom, and plenty of liberal leaning women in attendance was at the party.

This is going to backfire big time.

• Technical
I attended a Derby party a few weeks back and not a single woman there was for men or transgenders in the bathroom, and plenty of liberal leaning women in attendance was at the party.

This is going to backfire big time.

Liberals think that the population at large will accept strange men and boys walking around nude in front of their daughters? Hahahaha...

Not in a million years will that happen.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
"Discomfort" and transgenders are .10% of the population?

But though they are that minute percentage of the population:

The United States' envoy to the UN, Samantha Power, criticized the exclusions in a letter to Lykketoft, saying, "Given that transgender people are 49 times more likely to be living with HIV than the general population, their exclusion from the high-level meeting will only impede global progress in combating the HIV/AIDS pandemic."

http://www.rferl.org/content/muslim-nations-block-gay-groups-un-aids-meeting-stir-us-eu-protest/27744241.html

Words per our own envoy to the UN.

So, the US, the administration that is, is going way overboard to try to please such a tiny minority I think.

Unisex Bathrooms, take it or leave it.   That is the most that should be done.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 03:00:58 pm by TomSea »

Offline bolobaby

They won't be happy until the shower scenes from Starship Troopers is giddily accepted:

(I picked the clean picture in the bunch - pun intended!)
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

HAPPY2BME

2016:  The Year of Chaos

HAPPY2BME

Liberals think that the population at large will accept strange men and boys walking around nude in front of their daughters? Hahahaha...

Not in a million years will that happen.

===========================

If these social engineers can force this on our country, they will be able to ANYTHING they want.

Offline bolobaby

NSFW!!!!!  :laugh:

NSFW? It's TOTALLY SFW - and coming to a workplace near you, soon. And if you don't like it, we have a nice "retreat" in the countryside we can send you to until you ACCEPT it as SFW!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Resp3

Ms. Balbricker. She's seen male genitalia in the girls locker room. And boy does she know how to "handle" it.

Offline Resp3

This is just unbelievable. This is from someone who supports gay marriage, I actually went to my cousin's lesbian wedding. If I can't stomach this garbage, the population at large will turn on the liberals big time on this issue.

I'm sorry, but if a person supports gay marriage, then they should not be surprised at this latest attack on our American culture. In a way they are the reasons why America is swirling the bowl.

If a person keeps swallowing every load of crap, then it won't be long before they think gay marriage - or transgendered locker rooms - are fine.

Offline Optiguy

May 19, 2016
Charlotte Observer: Girls must overcome 'discomfort' at seeing male genitals in locker room

First of all, "Girls" should be omitted from the headline, as should "males". The PC headline should MUST be "Anyone that's got a problem seeing a self-identified female with a penis is narrow minded and needs to get over it and get with the program"

The fact that we're getting a glimpse into the lunacy of the mental gymnastics required to adapt to this as normal is startling. A headline using "male genitals" is in itself, not in keeping with the denial that such constructs should exist.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
"Discomfort" and transgenders are .10% of the population?

But though they are that minute percentage of the population:

http://www.rferl.org/content/muslim-nations-block-gay-groups-un-aids-meeting-stir-us-eu-protest/27744241.html

Words per our own envoy to the UN.

So, the US, the administration that is, is going way overboard to try to please such a tiny minority I think.

Unisex Bathrooms, take it or leave it.   That is the most that should be done.

I guess transgenders are very rare and I'm not for discrimination against them. I also would not care to use a public restroom if one user was much more susceptible to something like HIV. That is one more thing.  Funky.

A-Lert

Is no one entitled to privacy?

I wonder how 25 year old and younger people feel?  Society has changed immensely since I was in college. My parents were shocked at coed dorms.

Bill Cipher

Maybe, but only if boys don't mind girls walking around with tools to do the bris of death.  Snip, snip, snip. 

Offline Optiguy

Is no one entitled to privacy?

To follow their logic to a conclusion, privacy is subjective. As are all other societal norms and truths. Only the ruling elite will determine which rights are allowed. Just as the non-citizen is allowed to violate laws while the citizen is not, the offender will be in the protected class while the offended will not be. (Unless the offended are in a class the elites are trying to garner votes from) If gender or race is a social construct, where simply identifying as someone other than what is, scientific evidence be damned, we've entered the world where nothing is true. Once that's accepted, the goal is achieved.

Offline mirraflake

I guess transgenders are very rare and I'm not for discrimination against them. I also would not care to use a public restroom if one user was much more susceptible to something like HIV. That is one more thing.  Funky.

You cannot get HIV from toilet seats, door handles etc, not even from kissing a HIV person (saliva kills the HIV virus immediately).

I just don't want a grown man in a bathroom with a young girl. I can care less if a gal trans to man is in my bathroom. I would whip it out and makes sure she shes it.

• Technical
I'm sorry, but if a person supports gay marriage, then they should not be surprised at this latest attack on our American culture. In a way they are the reasons why America is swirling the bowl.

If a person keeps swallowing every load of crap, then it won't be long before they think gay marriage - or transgendered locker rooms - are fine.

I never cared about any social issues, not abortion or gays or any of that crap. To me it was all a bunch of stupid people screaming about nothing... on both sides. On this issue, this affects other people so to me it's different. But if two dudes want to get married it doesn't affect me in the slightest, and from polls on the issue, people are generally in agreement with.

That doesn't mean I'm a fan of the USSC decision on the matter.

Offline bob434

must they learn to 'get over the discomfort of rape, molestation and abuse' too?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
"Girls must overcome 'discomfort' at seeing male genitals in locker room" because sexualizing them early is important to the left?

Offline mirraflake

I actually went to my cousin's lesbian wedding.

Were they hot?

• Technical
Were they hot?

Uhhhhhhh... I guess objectively so. I don't like to think about my cousin's like that.  :laugh:

Offline bob434

[[But if two dudes want to get married it doesn't affect me in the slightest, ]]

A lot of people say this but the fact is it is not just about 2 people who 'love each other' and want ot be together- many gay people, even married ones- have multiple multiple partners- many have literally hundreds of them in their lifetime- (and a high % admit to having sex with underage kids) and they spread sexual diseases far and wide- and they become infected with things like staff diseases far greater than healthy people and have been a primary reason why antibiotic resistant infections are now common and have put healthy heterosexual people at risk (yes, heteros abusing antibiotics have as well- but that is more because of ignorance, and not willful sexual deviancy which puts people at high risk of developing serious diseases which weaken immune system and lead to more infections etc)

Gay people get far more health problems, serious health problems and end up on welfare and drive insurance costs through the roof-

Gay people have been the primary cause of the spread of aids through blood transfusions, nurses and docs getting it when working on infected people etc-

On and on it goes- Many people say things like 'what they do is their own business- they aren't affecting others' but the fact is they are affecting others- seriously affecting us- all because they choose a lifestyle that is almost a sure to result in major health problems not just for them but for many many others as well-