Author Topic: Why Ted Cruz will never endorse Donald Trump for president  (Read 6865 times)

A-Lert

Re: Why Ted Cruz will never endorse Donald Trump for president
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2016, 05:22:18 am »
What character?  Cruz signed a pledge and didn't keep it because he lost---a third place loser in 10 primaries.  Any attorney worth his law degree would understand it is this action that sullies a "good" name.

:thumbsup:

You know what they say about people who backtrack and don't keep their word.

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2016, 05:44:37 am »
BTTT

The reason may also be less selfish.  Cruz may thing that a President Trump, even if he's able to pull off a victory, will devastate the conservative movement as it's defacto standard bearer.

If the GOP and conservatives become the party of more abortions, tax the wealthy, liberal Supreme Court Justices (well, even more so), "sensible" gun control, any-sexual bathrooms, and on and on, what will be left of it?

Nothing.

Cruz is this country's design margin back to true conservative principles.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2016, 10:10:57 pm »
 :beer:

Exactly how I feel as a Trump Realist Emjay.

There is no benefit to anyone for Ted Cruz to endorse Trump.  It would only hurt Ted to endorse such a horrible phony who has lied about him consistently.  Plus, he would be betraying his own principles and his future to endorse Trump.

I hope he doesn't do it.  I don't think he will.

And there would be no particular upside for Trump either.  People are set into one of three camps now and, barring something really dramatic happening, I don't see that changing.

One camp is the trumpers who worship Trump and will vote for him with or without any endorsements.

One camp is the NeverTrumps who cannot bring themselves to vote for this man for reasons we all know too well.

The third camp is the better than Hillary camp.  I consider myself a member of that camp.

We know what Hillary will do.  We have good reason to know that and it will be horrible.

There is a chance, however slight, that Donald Trump will somehow blunder into or be persuaded to do a few things right.    With that hope, I will vote for Trump if it looks close in Hawaii.

The only time Hawaii went for a Republican presidential candidate was in 1984 and Trump is no Ronald Reagan.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?