Author Topic: Donald Trump unveils list of his top picks for Supreme Court  (Read 4775 times)

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: Donald Trump unveils list of his top picks for Supreme Court
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2016, 11:30:25 pm »
There is no Republican control period.  Mcconnell take marching orders from Obama and Chuck Schumer.

Please just imagine that I typed "majority" in place of "control" in that sentence, then.
Let it burn.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2016, 11:31:21 pm »
Impressive list.

And an impressive candidate--Mr. Trump did exactly what he promised he would do--he's told us his list of nominees to the Supreme Court.

Well done, sir!   :patriot:

===============================

What he said ..

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2016, 11:32:14 pm »
A list of suggestions to be used a guide written by someone else does not impress me. It is very unlikely he would win the election but even if he did, he is always open to deals and negotiations.  If the GOP loses the Congress because of his nomination, all bets are off.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 11:32:51 pm »
I detect a subtle but noticeable "change in attitude" from a few former anti-Trumpers in the forum.

After all, he's "not a conservative", right?

Yet if this list pans out, and a couple of good picks from it get to the Court, what difference will that make?

Granted, it's only a proposal at this time, but there might be some good choices here (will have to wait for further vetting).

This is a good thing, and I will say so.
When there are things I disagree with, I will say so as well.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2016, 11:36:07 pm »
Trump supporters want it both ways.  On the one hand, social issue don't matter, only the wall.  On the other hand, vote Trump because of his court nominees. Well what are they going to do?  And when?  End abortion?  No.  Give the marriage issue back to the states?  No.  What we need is an Article V Convention of States to rein in the courts and the federal government.  That is something Trump has nothing to do with.  So why risk an emotionally unstable egomaniac in office?
:amen:

geronl

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2016, 11:36:19 pm »
Trump doesn't make promises, he makes suggestions and his words don't mean anything, by his campaigns own definition.

He dissed Scalia in December while praising his radical left sister as making a good justice....

That is all we really need to know.

A very unimpressive list and an extremely unimpressive human POS candidate

geronl

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2016, 11:37:25 pm »
Trump and his supporters have a lot in common with Black Lives Matter.

Nobody how stupid and violent their demands and actions, Obama and the left will still supports and justify them.

Same with Trump.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2016, 11:39:18 pm »
Trump supporters want it both ways.  On the one hand, social issue don't matter, only the wall.  On the other hand, vote Trump because of his court nominees. Well what are they going to do?  And when?  End abortion?  No.  Give the marriage issue back to the states?  No.  What we need is an Article V Convention of States to rein in the courts and the federal government.  That is something Trump has nothing to do with.  So why risk an emotionally unstable egomaniac in office?

Sensible points to consider.

I am not convinced this list of suggested nominees from his "team" Trump will fight for when they hit the brick wall in the Senate or if he will simply scratch them off to make 'deals' for their picks for Activist Judge, but I did review the names listed and stated I was slightly impressed with the effort, but unsure of the sincerity or motivation for putting it out now.

Contrary to what the Trump Believers assert, Staunch Conservatives will actually read and review statements and positions before making a judgment instead of spinning it into the negative against their political savior as they accuse.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2016, 11:43:00 pm »
Trump doesn't make promises, he makes suggestions and his words don't mean anything, by his campaigns own definition.

He dissed Scalia in December while praising his radical left sister as making a good justice....

That is all we really need to know.

A very unimpressive list and an extremely unimpressive human POS candidate

The list is meaningless. Put together by Jeff Sessions and he is the one invested in several on the list. Trump isn't invested in this part of the process.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2016, 01:22:44 am »
The list is meaningless. Put together by Jeff Sessions and he is the one invested in several on the list. Trump isn't invested in this part of the process.

Exactly.

Besides, when dealing with someone as deceitful as Donald Trump, it's wholly illogical to be swayed by anything he says.  He will say anything he thinks will sucker anyone foolish enough to believe him.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2016, 01:26:44 am »

A-Lert

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2016, 01:30:36 am »
Impressive list.

And an impressive candidate--Mr. Trump did exactly what he promised he would do--he's told us his list of nominees to the Supreme Court.

Well done, sir!   :patriot:

His campaign stressed the list was compiled "first and foremost, based on constitutional principles, with input from highly respected conservatives and Republican Party leadership."

No matter what Trump says or does, it will never satisfy the squealing neverTrumps.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2016, 01:33:17 am »
Here's a Tweet [today] from Justice Don Willett [one of the eleven on the list]:

Justice Don Willett Verified account
‏@JusticeWillett

New Yorkers and their lists, amirite?

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-shouts/the-hundred-best-lists-of-all-time

https://twitter.com/JusticeWillett/status/733086795278094336

More here as well:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/05/18/one-of-trumps-potential-supreme-court-nominees-has-been-mocking-him-on-twitter-for-almost-a-year/
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 01:38:49 am by mlizzy »
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline bilo

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2016, 01:37:29 am »
Everyone of them is most certainly without a doubt better than anyone that vile witch Hillary would consider, but can he be trusted to actually follow through?  Probably not, but what other option does one have at this point other than take the chance and hope for the best.  I'll never forgive the 35-40% of GOP primary voters who forced this vile jerk on the rest of us though.

I've done enough "holding my nose and voting for the bum" in my life. What good ever came of it, nothing!

After Roberts legalized the govt telling me I must buy products that I don't want I gave up on the idea that the SCOTUS would ever protect my God given liberty.

I will not vote for a life long NY liberal of low character and questionable mental faculties.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2016, 01:42:42 am »
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-scotus-pick-don-willett-repeatedly-mocked-twitter-article-1.2641810

Donald Trump potential SCOTUS pick Texas Judge Don Willett mocks billionaire on Twitter

NY Daily News

BY RICH SCHAPIRO
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Updated: Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 7:21 PM

One of the judges named on Donald Trump’s list of potential Supreme Court nominees thinks the GOP presidential contender is a joke.

Before his name appeared on Trump’s Supreme Court short-list, Texas justice Don Willett relentlessly mocked the billionaire businessman on Twitter.

"We'll rebuild the Death Star. It'll be amazing, believe me. And the rebels will pay for it. —Darth Trump,” Willett posted on April 7, along with a photo of the “Stars Wars” space station.

In another biting tweet, Willett typed out a haiku poking fun at Trump’s ability to select a Supreme Court nominee.

“Who would the Donald

Name to #SCOTUS? The mind reels.

*weeps—can't finish tweet*” wrote Willett.

A new poll says that twice as many people would rather have head bugs than Trump in the White House.

Since 2013, Willett has fired off roughly two dozen tweets insulting Trump.

“Low-energy Trump University has never made it to #MarchMadness. Or even to the #NIT. Sad! ??” Willett wrote on March 15.

In another, Willett posted a photo of Kanye West holding a finger against his lips.

Since 2013, Willett has fired off roughly two dozen tweets insulting Trump.Since 2013, Willett has fired off roughly two dozen tweets insulting Trump. (CHIP SOMODEVILLA/GETTY IMAGES)
“That time Donald Trump tried to give Kanye my cell number,” he wrote.

One of Willett’s tweets suggested Trump was actually a liberal in disguise. Not just any liberal — Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

“Can't wait till Trump rips off his face Mission Impossible-style & reveals a laughing Ruth Bader Ginsburg,” he wrote on Aug. 27, 2015.

"We'll rebuild the Death Star. It'll be amazing, believe me. And the rebels will pay for it. —Darth Trump,” Willett posted on April 7, along with a photo of the “Stars Wars” space station."We'll rebuild the Death Star. It'll be amazing, believe me. And the rebels will pay for it. —Darth Trump,” Willett posted on April 7, along with a photo of the “Stars Wars” space station.
Asked Wednesday to comment on being named as one of Trump’s 11 potential Supreme Court picks, Willett played coy.

The witty judge told reporters he was “exercising judicial restraint.”
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2016, 01:46:07 am »
I don't know anything about him as a judge, but as a Twitter poster, I like him a lot.  LOL.

LOL~Can't wait for Trump's response!! :laugh:
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2016, 01:56:09 am »
His campaign stressed the list was compiled "first and foremost, based on constitutional principles, with input from highly respected conservatives and Republican Party leadership."

No matter what Trump says or does, it will never satisfy the squealing neverTrumps.

So we're just supposed to scream "Amen!"and throw ourselves at him as King Presumptive and adore him as our savior for putting out a *list* of *suggestions* of SCOTUS picks Trump may or may not nominate for confirmation???

For a self-identifying Conservative, you obviously have a very short memory that the rest of us still have.  We recall promises from Republicans just last election cycle, about repealing and defunding ObamaCare 'root and branch"and a host of other promises they reneged on the MOMENT they won the Senate on Election night.

That you ridicule us for not jumping up and down in adoration, arms open to believe in what a known-backpeddler, opportunist, negotiator and braggart thrusts upon us as sure gospel, will assuredly drive any of us willing to take a sound look at what Trump proposes, away from any consideration whatsoever.

But perhaps that is what you really want anyway.

100% adoration and worship of your chosen political messiah, or nothing at all.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2016, 01:57:22 am »
Most alcoholics drink at night.

Trump Tweets:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  1m1 minute ago
Some low-life journalist claims that I "made a pass" at her 29 years ago. Never happened! Like the @nytimes story which has become a joke!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2016, 02:04:42 am »

Except, so far a lot of what Trump has said amounts to a whole lot of nothing and secondly, a lot of what Trump has said on issues he's back pedaled on.  We can only judge him by his actions and speeches along the campaign trail and his liberal past.  He certainly doesn't impress me and a whole lot of others.

#NeverTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2016, 02:06:04 am »
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-scotus-pick-don-willett-repeatedly-mocked-twitter-article-1.2641810

Donald Trump potential SCOTUS pick Texas Judge Don Willett mocks billionaire on Twitter

NY Daily News

BY RICH SCHAPIRO
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Whoever wrote the list for Trump should have done some homework. :laugh:
Maybe whoever wrote Deceptive Donald's list should have done a little homework. Love Judge Willett's sense of humor.
Updated: Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 7:21 PM

One of the judges named on Donald Trump’s list of potential Supreme Court nominees thinks the GOP presidential contender is a joke.

Before his name appeared on Trump’s Supreme Court short-list, Texas justice Don Willett relentlessly mocked the billionaire businessman on Twitter.

"We'll rebuild the Death Star. It'll be amazing, believe me. And the rebels will pay for it. —Darth Trump,” Willett posted on April 7, along with a photo of the “Stars Wars” space station.

In another biting tweet, Willett typed out a haiku poking fun at Trump’s ability to select a Supreme Court nominee.

“Who would the Donald

Name to #SCOTUS? The mind reels.

*weeps—can't finish tweet*” wrote Willett.

A new poll says that twice as many people would rather have head bugs than Trump in the White House.

Since 2013, Willett has fired off roughly two dozen tweets insulting Trump.

“Low-energy Trump University has never made it to #MarchMadness. Or even to the #NIT. Sad! ??” Willett wrote on March 15.

In another, Willett posted a photo of Kanye West holding a finger against his lips.

Since 2013, Willett has fired off roughly two dozen tweets insulting Trump.Since 2013, Willett has fired off roughly two dozen tweets insulting Trump. (CHIP SOMODEVILLA/GETTY IMAGES)
“That time Donald Trump tried to give Kanye my cell number,” he wrote.

One of Willett’s tweets suggested Trump was actually a liberal in disguise. Not just any liberal — Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

“Can't wait till Trump rips off his face Mission Impossible-style & reveals a laughing Ruth Bader Ginsburg,” he wrote on Aug. 27, 2015.

"We'll rebuild the Death Star. It'll be amazing, believe me. And the rebels will pay for it. —Darth Trump,” Willett posted on April 7, along with a photo of the “Stars Wars” space station."We'll rebuild the Death Star. It'll be amazing, believe me. And the rebels will pay for it. —Darth Trump,” Willett posted on April 7, along with a photo of the “Stars Wars” space station.
Asked Wednesday to comment on being named as one of Trump’s 11 potential Supreme Court picks, Willett played coy.

The witty judge told reporters he was “exercising judicial restraint.”
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 02:09:34 am by austingirl »

Offline austingirl

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2016, 02:10:56 am »
Somehow my comment above did not post-

Whoever wrote the list for Trump should have done some homework. This Judge Willett has a great sense of humor.

A-Lert

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2016, 02:15:47 am »
So nothing he has said or done is suppose to matter?  No mention of his sister as nominee is suppose to matter?  No extensive flip-flopping is suppose to matter?  We just get bought off with a list, including some unknowns?  Too little, too late.

IMO, Trump is unstable, vindictive, and a known scammer.  I want nothing to do with handing him power.

You're entitled to your own opinion. It doesn't change the fact that Trump is the presumptive nominee who is responsible for preparing a list of prospective SCOTUS appointments. That he would confide in others is expected.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2016, 02:27:51 am »
Most alcoholics drink at night.

Trump Tweets:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  1m1 minute ago
Some low-life journalist claims that I "made a pass" at her 29 years ago. Never happened! Like the @nytimes story which has become a joke!

Just read the article! I'm sure it "never happened," though, just like the [obsessive] delivery of dozens of roses and orchids to Lady Di never happened either! /sarc

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-made-pass-why-matters-000000849.html

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2016, 02:35:27 am »
Just read the article! I'm sure it "never happened," though, just like the [obsessive] delivery of dozens of roses and orchids to Lady Di never happened either! /sarc

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-made-pass-why-matters-000000849.html

Trump is a rat.  Why anyone would vote for this trailer park trash for president is beyond me.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2016, 02:47:12 am »
Somehow my comment above did not post-

Whoever wrote the list for Trump should have done some homework. This Judge Willett has a great sense of humor.

My guess would be either Jeff Sessions or Steve Miller.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...