Author Topic: Game of Thrones Thread  (Read 46133 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Game of Thrones Thread
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2016, 01:12:33 pm »
I assume Varys was leaving for Dorne -- seems that absent that, there would be no reason to have a Dorne storyline in the show at all.

Offline TheMom

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2016, 02:21:08 pm »
I had a feeling that the creep Bolton would get defeated.  But thought Sansa would kill him with a sword thru the heart, I was applauding when she released the dogs on him.

My daughter thinks that Cersei, like the Mad King, is going to try to burn Kings Landing to the ground with wildfire; which will put Jamie in a tough spot of saving KL, as he did before, by killing her or being loyal to her and damn the kingdom.
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2016, 02:47:31 pm »
I had a feeling that the creep Bolton would get defeated.  But thought Sansa would kill him with a sword thru the heart, I was applauding when she released the dogs on him.

My daughter thinks that Cersei, like the Mad King, is going to try to burn Kings Landing to the ground with wildfire; which will put Jamie in a tough spot of saving KL, as he did before, by killing her or being loyal to her and damn the kingdom.

yep...what other reason is there for bringing up wildfire this far into the series?  Sumpthin's gonna be cooking somewhere soon, besides being roasted alive by a dragon....

Sansa feeding Ramsey Bolton to his own dogs, after John Snow beat the living hell out of him, was sweet justice.  I can't think of a better end for that rotten, sadistic little SOB.  But burying Rickon Stark in the family tomb instead of burning him sets the stage for him to come back just like John did, or perhaps in some icy persona like a minion of the Ice King (or Caitlyn Stark who is still out there someplace...).

We'll have to see what the Season Finally brings along with any sneak peeks at where they are going next.  They clearly got way ahead of the books so anything could happen from here on out.  I've saved all the episodes this season and will binge-watch them again....

:beer:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2016, 03:24:04 pm »
Here's a thgeory.

Daenarys and the Imp are siblings.

The Mad King had "his way" with Tyrion's mother, hence Tyrion's surprising way with the captive dragons.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline TheMom

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2016, 08:32:54 pm »
Here's a thgeory.

The Mad King had "his way" with Tyrion's mother, hence Tyrion's surprising way with the captive dragons.

Interesting theory.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2016, 09:52:57 pm »
Here's a thgeory.

Yeah, that's the "Tyrion as Secret Targaryen" fan theory, one of many...  (Warning: many spoilers at the link!)
Let it burn.

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2016, 09:56:02 pm »
The great takeaway from last night's episode: Always feed your dogs before leaving the castle for battle!   :doglick:

(And here I thought I'd never have a reason to use that particular emoticon/smiley!)   :silly:
Let it burn.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2016, 01:13:09 pm »
Good episode, but one thing that kind of frustrates me about these kind of battle scenes (LOTR had the same issues) is the artificiality of the way the troops move.  The Boltons forming this perfect circle of perfectly formed spears around Jon's forces was just so obviously scripted that it kind of took me out of the moment.  Eye-rolling time.  Also was kind of frustrating to see Jon acting so damn impulsively and irresponsibly in charging Ramsay's army by himself.  Again, just too scripted.  "I'll get revenge on the guy who just murdered my little brother by charging his entire army so that either 1) I get killed more or less instantly, or 2) I get captured, tortured, then killed.  That'll show him!"  Getting revenge by actually trying to win the battle?  Nah, can't have that....

More importantly, Sansa's apparent/unexplained decision to not tell Jon about her contact with the Vale is simply absurd.  Jon fought that battle when he did, against terrible odds, because he believed there was no other possible source of help.  Sansa knew that because she tried to convince him to wait, and that's the explanation she gave.  So why not tell Jon about her contact with LF before he lost 2/3 of his men in a slaughter?  She rode right up with LF at the climax of the battle, so she obviously knew something.

It was a good episode because the events were so long-awaited and monumental that it almost had to be good, but I think the way it actually unfolded was disappointing.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 04:05:51 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Leto

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2016, 03:35:10 pm »
Looking forward to the season finale tonight.

So many questions so little time.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline flowers

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2016, 05:02:28 pm »
Will be reading here tomorrow to see all your posts.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2016, 06:50:31 pm »
Arya's entire storyline in Essos now looks to have been a complete waste, as was the whole Blackfish revival. 

Not sure about that.  There's something about Jaqen that tells me his involvement with Arya is a lot larger than we are assuming.  There's a thread about justice and revenge running in her storyline which I find interesting because earlier Ayra was just consumed with revenge, but over time she has developed a sense of justice and mercy that we saw displayed with her refusal to kill the actor and warn her about her understudy.   In comparison the Waif had no sense of justice whatsoever and no compassion either.  I think that plays into things and why Jaqen says to Ayra that "A girl has finally become nothing" to which she replied that she was Ayra Stark, upon which he nodded and let her go.  It was as if he was helping her find her true self, but hand her assassin skills in the process.

I mean, ask yourself , what was Jaqen doing in Westeros to begin with if his operation is out of Essos?  I have heard it suggested that Jaqen might have been her 'dance instructor' from the beginning.  That would be interesting but I am not sure how he would have escaped Meryn Trant if that was the case, except to say Jaqen can cheat death apparently.  It is an interesting theory, but as often happens, theories get blown out of the water as the show progresses.

The only possible point to the latter is if Brienne and Pod meet up with Sandor and the Brotherhood heading North, because they will have needed an excuse for Brienne to go south.

I think the conversation Brienne has with Jaime at the siege about honor and knighthood is going to play very huge later on.  Very huge if your theory about wildfire under Kings Landing and Cersei going full Targaryen plays out.

I do think it would be very fitting within the narrative of GOT to have Jaime strangle and kill his own sister.  I'm not sure her loss would leave him empty for long.   I think he has feelings for Brienne because she has shown him what true Knighthood honor looks like outside of his hidden secrecy of an incestuous life where everything that lit the conflicts in Westeros ignited. That conversation those two had at Riverrun may set the stage for what may come later.

I assume Varys was leaving for Dorne -- seems that absent that, there would be no reason to have a Dorne storyline in the show at all.

Not sure about that.  He said something about needing 'friends' in Westeros.  This of course was before Theon and Yara showed up at Mereen and before Danerys got a fleet of ships from the Masters.  But perhaps Varys has to pave the way for her coming to Westeros and he has to seed the playing field in terms of politics and benefits.  Of course he was also shaken up quite a bit about what the Red Priestess knew about him and what that voice spoke to him out of the fire.  I think he wanted to get out of there on a personal basis because of whatever she knows about his past, or also because Varys has no desire to face whatever the demon was that spoke to him again.

Good episode, but one thing that kind of frustrates me about these kind of battle scenes (LOTR had the same issues) is the artificiality of the way the troops move. 

Only to the educated historian and trained eye. The bulk of the audience has no such familiarity so it's just pure storytelling.  Plus a large amount of the troops are CGI.

The Boltons forming this perfect circle of perfectly formed spears around Jon's forces was just so obviously scripted that it kind of took me out of the moment.  Eye-rolling time. 

Not for me.  Wasn't that the same thing that Hannibal did to the Romans at Gaul?  Or was it what the Mongols did to areas they conquered?  It was interesting to see that strategy actually filmed and depicted.  Fits perfectly with the psychological terrorism Ramsay was so fond of.  He just did it on a massive scale.  Ruthless to say the least.

Also was kind of frustrating to see Jon acting so damn impulsively and irresponsibly in charging Ramsay's army by himself. 

Jon has the same exact problem that Ned Stark had: he was honorable to a fault that would lead him right to his own death.  He did not listen to Sansa warn him about Ramsay at all.  He did what Jon always does, and apparently he did not learn the lesson for that trait when he was killed at Castle Black by his own men. 

More importantly, Sansa's apparent/unexplained decision to not tell Jon about her contact with the Vale is simply absurd. 

Not so.  Sansa has learned to lie, even when it was in her best interest to tell the truth in order to get what she thinks she wants.  Littlefinger took that trait to a whole new level.  Jon was insisting they go to war with the army they had when Sansa knew it was not going to be enough against Ramsay.  Jon was clearly not going to listen to her, so she did what she has learned to do and set other things into motion at the same time her brother was acting.   

The aftermath and politics of what happens to Winterfell is going to be interesting.  There are technically no Starks left there and Jon is a bastard.  That would leave either Sansa to keep the Bolton name or Little finger may claim himself Warden of the North and attempt to convince Sansa to claim her marriage name to Tyrion and hoist Lannister Banners over Winterfell.  Perhaps like everywhere else, the established order may be turned on it's head and Sansa proclaims herself Wardeness.   Will be interesting to see what direction they go in.

I'm happy as to how that episode unfolded.  Especially the Dragon battle at Mereen.  I was on my feet clapping for that sequence.  Tyrion was great as always.  The pact with the Greyjoys was interesting too.  I sense another massive naval battle coming up sometime in the next season if Dany starts towards Westeros, but perhaps the dragons will make short work of that, one could hope.  I actually hope they hold off on her push West as she seeks to settle her reign in the East.  I'm fond of the idea of Dany heading West to save Westeros from the army of the dead rather than simply to conquer it outright.

I do think Cersei sets Kings Landing on fire, because I recall that vision Dany had back at the House of the Undying and the Red keep was burned out, empty and snow-filled.  We shall see.

The only small complaint I would make, and it's not really a complaint, just an observation - but it seems the pacing has dramatically picked up from where the other 5 seasons were and you can definitely sense that the producers are speeding the story along to get to the conclusion they have mapped out already.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2016, 03:09:37 am »
Well that was an amazing finale to the season!  Lots of satisfying fruition to characters and story lines.

SPOILER ALERT follows, so don't read any further if you do not want to know how this episode or season played out.

You were warned.

Maj. Bill Martin was correct about Varys going to Dorne.  His quip about blood and vengeance was pretty dark.   I'm curious to know how he got back to Mereen to board Dany's ship heading West so fast????  Are there non-stop Concorde flights from Dorne to Essos??

It almost seems like Westeros is going from a patriarchy to a matriarchy with women rulers in Dorne, the Iron Islands, Kings Landing and Danerys supplanting the established order excepting Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen.

Cersei pulling a Mad King and blowing a huge chunk of King's Landing to smithereens with Wildfire and eliminating every single enemy she had was not really surprising but still terrifying to watch.  It almost had a Dark Knight Joker feel to the orchestration of events that Batman would find himself embroiled in by the meticulous planning of death traps.  Candles burning down to pools of wildfire while the Faith Militant is led down the catacombs and wounded by children of that deranged Maester. 

I figured that Tommen would either kill himself or that the Mountain would do it over the last few episodes, so I was not surprised he throws himself off the tower and kills himself.  That his death almost garnered no reaction from Cersei was bothersome.  As if she expected it.  So now we have a truly evil queen sitting on the iron throne and now that her children are all dead and gone, I think whatever shred of humanity she had is gone with her kids and she may make the Mad King look tame in comparison.  I have a feeling she may give Ramsay Bolton a run for the most demented and hated figure on the show in the coming season.

I would still like to see Jamie kill her, because what she did nullifies the only reason he can look himself in a mirror.

The fans I am sure are happy to see their much vaunted theory of what happened in the tower of Joy with Ned's sister birthing Jon Snow coming to fruition.  He went from being dead at the beginning of the season to now being declared the King of the North.  I do dig that 10 year old queen of Bear Island.  She is one tough cookie.   I did think for a moment that Jon was going to kill the Red Woman and fulfill that prophecy of becoming the One Who Was Promised when Davos confronts her about sacrificing Shireen.  But maybe he kills her next season or something.

Arya's assassination of Walter Frey was satisfying yet frightening at the same time.  Feeding him his sons in a pie was a bit over the top.    Clearly she has the skills now of the Faceless Men but how dark and brutal she will become now, is one of those things that seems to rear it's head in her eyes as she watched Frey bleed out.

Poor Sam.  I hope he doesn't leave his girl and baby out in the foyer getting lost in the books.  I suspect there's going to be some conflict between himself and the other Maesters.  It's curious that no raven was sent from Castle Black to the Citadel to inform them of Aemon's passing.

The last shot of the show was pretty awesome.  I do wonder if the dragons can light upon one of the ships to rest or not, but it does seem that things are speeding up really fast now with Dany's army crossing the Narrow sea with that fleet of ships to conquer Westeros.  I am a bit bummed it's not because they need saving from the War to come.

I still think the Red Keep goes up in flames at some point next season because I have a feeling that vision Dany had at the House of the Undying was a vision not unlike what Bran is able to conjure of the future.  I rewatched that episode and Danerys does indeed enter the throne room alone and the place is burned-out ruins and desolate, buried in snow.

I am still bothered by Varys being on that ship next to Tyrion and Dany.  How the blazes did he get from Dorne at the beginning of the episode to being back in Slaver's Bay - er - Dragons Bay by the end of the episode?  I thought it took weeks to cross the sea?

Aside from that…. I dunno - continuity error…. I was pretty happy with how everything went.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2016, 05:58:03 pm »
@INVAR

I agree with all that -- and incredible show, and I thought much better than Episode 9.  The music was great, better direction, etc..

I agree with your point aobut the matriarchy -- I was thinking the same thing -- but I'm also thinking a lot of those positions won't last.  I don't think Danaery's survives, for example.  That Mormont girls was excellent.  Her lines in the book were delivered by a different character, and I did prefer the way the books handled the Northern War.  But she was still great.

Cersei has just...lost it.  She not only wasn't sad at Tommen's death, she almost seemed pleased in that he had betrayed her.  So she just had his ashes scattered with everyone else's.  Not quite sure why anyone would recognize her right to rule, though.  She murdered the Queen, the Hand, Mace Tyrell, the High Septon, and essentially her own son.  I suppose nobody dared oppose her, but it won't/can't last because she has no power base.  Jaime is even the head of House Lannister, not her.  And yeah, I think Jaime is going to be the one who does her in.  How about a twist -- they both get trapped in the fire, and she asks Jaime to kill her as an act of mercy so she doesn't burn alive?  Lots of cool possibilities.

The Arya scene was great -- I didn't expect that.  The pies were another thing done by someone else in the books, and it was never stated expressly that they were actually Frey pies.  Just hints.   But if you read between the lines...it was really one of the best things in the last book.  Don't know who she is going to kill next...was Littlefinger on her list at any point?

Varys and the timing thing...there was a lot of it that episode.  All the northern lords managed to get summoned and trek to Winterfell, Jaime managed to make it all the way from the Twins to Kings Landing, Arya trekked along way as well....  So all that would have had to happen was Varys makes his appearance, takes a ship back, and then we're seeing them all right as the fleet leaves.

But to me, things almost seem to be going too well for Danaerys.  She's got the Tyrells, Martells, Unsullied, the greatest horde of Dothraki ever, and three dragons.  That's enough to defeat that entire Seven Kingdoms easily even at full strength.  So I'm thinking there is a proverbial turd in the punchbowl, and it's name is Euron Greyjoy.

The showrunners have cut a lot of characters from the books, but they introduced him late and kept him in.  Why?  He's got some weird powers, and is building a huge fleet.  My guess is that at some point, he intercepts her fleet, arranges for a storm to hit her (yeah, it may be possible), and/or manages to kill a dragon.  I just can't see that entire massive force making it to Westeros safely.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2016, 07:00:52 pm »

But to me, things almost seem to be going too well for Danaerys.  She's got the Tyrells, Martells, Unsullied, the greatest horde of Dothraki ever, and three dragons.  That's enough to defeat that entire Seven Kingdoms easily even at full strength.  So I'm thinking there is a proverbial turd in the punchbowl, and it's name is Euron Greyjoy.

The showrunners have cut a lot of characters from the books, but they introduced him late and kept him in.  Why?  He's got some weird powers, and is building a huge fleet.  My guess is that at some point, he intercepts her fleet, arranges for a storm to hit her (yeah, it may be possible), and/or manages to kill a dragon.  I just can't see that entire massive force making it to Westeros safely.

I'm kindof fearing big naval battle as well and it remains to be seen if Yara is as good a naval commander as her uncle.  I do not know how much time has passed for the thousand ships Euron demanded built to be 'ready'. 

Things did not go well for most of the characters for awhile.  Dany has had a rough road up to where she now finds herself - but if anyone deserves to be Queen, she does.  As Tyrion told her, she is in the Great Game now - and the great game is terrifying.  I do not even think he knows how terrifying it will be, because aside from dealing with threats from Euron Greyjoy's fleet, and Cersei Lannister's Evil Queen - there is the army of the dead and the Knight King with Winter now officially having arrived.

Terrifying because I remember what the nanny at Winterfell was telling Bran when he woke up from his coma.  About the darkness and the things that came with it.  I think we only got a taste of what may follow with the Night King, and the war looks to be between the living and the dead, and only the North and Jon Targaryen Stark understands what is about to happen.

That said, If there are only in reality 10 episodes left spread over 2 seasons, that is a lot of story to cover to wrap it all up.  The big build up to the Great War with the undead would really need several episodes to flesh out properly.  Even if Dany makes it to Dorne without losing a single ship or dragon - there is the obstacle of Cersei and the Lannister army at Kings Landing long before what comes down from the North lays waste the South as it will the North.  The Night King has an army possibly ten times the size of that of the living.  Real short work might be made of most of the living and it is possible that the dragons and whatever Sam finds out at the Citadel is going to save any of them.

I still believe that when this all plays out - Dany will be queen, not as a conqueror, but a savior of the living. She will have earned the right to rule with devotion from all those who survive what is coming.  That itself turns the entire way that world operates upside down, which seems to be the prevailing theme.

But my hopes and suppositions are only my fantasies because I am not a writer on the show and do not have the blueprint RR Martin laid out for the producers.

Offline Leto

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2016, 09:44:27 pm »
Bran will be the key player defeating the Army of the dead.

He will also know about the relationship of Jon Snow and Dani.

Great Episode. Not the long wait for next season.

13 Episodes left.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-6-7-8-how-many-episodes-left-david-benioff-db-weiss-george-rr-martin-jon-snow-a7107461.html
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2016, 11:54:09 pm »
I was glad to see that Aria learned a great deal during her time with the Faceless God.  She could not have slit a better throat than that old SOB Frey, and feeding him his sons in a pie was an outstanding touch.

Cersei managed to profane the Sept once and for all, topping the profanity committed on its steps when her eldest bastard had Ned Stark beheaded on the steps. 

Speaking of which, what ever became of Ser Illian??  I realize it is hard to top the Mountain, but where is the King's Justice??  (That's one hell of a sword he carried....).

Cersei's callous treatment of Tommen's remains speaks volumes about how black her soul really is. 

No idea where things go from here since we are so far out in front of the books...anything is possible next season....

Offline TheMom

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2016, 03:40:32 pm »
No idea where things go from here since we are so far out in front of the books...anything is possible next season....

My daughter & I always text our thoughts and comments after each episode.  This week one of her comments was 'now you have to suffer like the rest of us that have not read the books'.  Brat!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2016, 04:23:42 pm »
Speaking of which, what ever became of Ser Illian??

Interesting story there....

The actor who played him got pancreatic cancer and was given only a few months to live, so they haven't showed him onscreen, thought technically he is still alive.

Amazingly, he actually survived the cancer, though I remember hearing there are some complications/residual effects from the surgery.  Anyway, I suppose it's possible that they bring him back for one of the last two seasons.  It would be kind of a nice touch.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2016, 04:25:07 pm »
13 Episodes left.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-6-7-8-how-many-episodes-left-david-benioff-db-weiss-george-rr-martin-jon-snow-a7107461.html

They've said 13 hours, but whether that means 13 episodes is a bit different.  They may just make them longer, and have only 10 or so.  Probably split over two seasons, however it happens.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2016, 04:33:21 pm »
They've said 13 hours, but whether that means 13 episodes is a bit different.  They may just make them longer, and have only 10 or so.  Probably split over two seasons, however it happens.

I recall reading somewhere that it would be six episodes next season and four the following.  I imagine the latter episodes would be well over an hour each - especially if there are monster efx battles between the living and the dead.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2016, 08:46:25 pm »
Interesting story there....

The actor who played him got pancreatic cancer and was given only a few months to live, so they haven't showed him onscreen, thought technically he is still alive.

Amazingly, he actually survived the cancer, though I remember hearing there are some complications/residual effects from the surgery.  Anyway, I suppose it's possible that they bring him back for one of the last two seasons.  It would be kind of a nice touch.
't

yah...Ser Illian had a very interesting back story...not impossible they could bring him back.

I'm also impressed with the young actress playing young Lady Mormont.  She's quite a handful and not at all  childish...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2016, 11:55:47 pm »
Lyanna Mormont was awesome.  She'll be fun moving forward if they keep her.

I like how she showed up at that battle with her troops as well.  Great casting.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:57:10 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2016, 12:03:04 am »
Apparently JRR Martin took note that the fans really like the girl and tweeted "So you guys like Lady Mormont eh?"

Then he tweeted this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GRRM/status/748879459823026176

Doe she get a sick thrill out of killing little girl characters he creates?

Kinda morbid.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2016, 01:33:03 pm »
Apparently JRR Martin took note that the fans really like the girl and tweeted "So you guys like Lady Mormont eh?"

Then he tweeted this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GRRM/status/748879459823026176

Doe she get a sick thrill out of killing little girl characters he creates?

Kinda morbid.

I think he's a bit hurt/miffed that the story is now the one on TV rather than the one in his books.  Or maybe he's just making the point that the story and books will be different in a lot of details.

As i said upthread, the Lyanna Mormont character seems to have taken the role (or at least the lines) of book character Wylla Manderly.  But Willa really doesn't seem to be at any risk of harm, though, and is not the head of her house.

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2016, 08:55:56 pm »
HBO has confirmed that “Game of Thrones” Season 7 will consist of seven episodes, set to shoot later this summer. As Variety first reported, executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are eyeing two shortened seasons to end the hit fantasy show, with Season 8 expected to be somewhere between 6 or 8 episodes. Production will be based in Northern Ireland, with additional portions filmed in Spain and Iceland. Season 7 is slated to premiere in summer 2017, later than its usual April start date.

More at the link: http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-7-episodes-premiere-date-2017-1201816290/
Let it burn.