General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

Game of Thrones Thread

(1/35) > >>

Maj. Bill Martin:
So....any other fans of the show or books here?

INVAR:
Show only. 

Haven't gotten into the books, and given the wait-time between books - I probably will pass on those and just let the show tell the story for me.

INVAR:

--- Quote from: Bruce Campbells Chin on May 17, 2016, 07:41:32 pm ---Heh -- can't blame you.  I was actually one of those who started the books way back in 1996.  Never expected it would take this long.  Absolutely love his writing, for the most party.  But it is a lot of fun getting to watch the show now without knowing what is going to happen.  There have been some pretty obvious changes from the books, but still, it is more or less an unknown from this point forward.  And if he ever finishes writing it, that'll just be a chance to enjoy the rest of the story all over again.

Good episode on Sunday.  Generally not a fan at all of the gratuitous sex/nudity scenes, but that was one that actually mattered.

I just hope some of those other storylines get into gear.  Arya has been treading water forever, and all that stuff in Dorne seems completely irrelevant to this point.  They hit a homerun with the casting of Oberyn, but since then...bleh.

--- End quote ---

I think we are being set-up for shocking mayhem.  That Littlefinger is going to march troops from the Vale to Winterfell is unnerving, and I think we are not done with whatever the Sandsnakes and Dorne intend to unleash in conjunction with the Sparrows in Kings Landing.  I did applaud twice this past Sunday and it was played out nicely.  Was expecting Jorah and Daario to come a-calling with Drogon to help Daenny - and had forgotten that she not called The Unburnt for nothing.  Way to go there.  Obviously the Dothraki do not practice keeping the Secretary of State away from a joint session of Blood riders to keep a succession of power going.  Good one for the new Queen of the Dothraki.

kevindavis007:
Love the show, never read the books..

INVAR:

--- Quote from: Bruce Campbells Chin on May 17, 2016, 08:39:02 pm ---Yeah, great scene with Danaerys.

I'm a bit bothered by the continuity stuff in the north, though.  Winter was coming, and the bulk of Stannis' army perished in a horrific blizzard marching from the Wall to Winterfell.  But after that, when winter should be advancing, Sansa and her group merrily traipsed from the Winterfell to the Wall.  Now Jon is going to march back south with an army, and Littlefinger will be coming north with men of the Vale.  So is it global warming, or what?

--- End quote ---

The way the show seems to depict it - (or at least how I perceive it) - when the White Walkers are on the move and active - they bring Winter with them.

Recall that after Stannis lost a lot of men in the snow, Melissandre burned his daughter, and the next day the snows melted and Stannis marched South to his doom.  A major snow storm has not been depicted since.

Maybe that has something to do with Jon Snow, and maybe nothing at all.  We have not seen the White Walkers and the army of the dead since Hardhome.

We got a sneak of them in Bran's vision for this weekends show.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version