Author Topic: U.S. Energy Chief: Texas Should Develop Clean Power Plan  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
U.S. Energy Chief: Texas Should Develop Clean Power Plan
« on: May 14, 2016, 12:48:39 am »
When Ernest Moniz looks at Texas, he sees groundbreaking energy research and innovation — and not only related to oil and gas: wind, solar and battery technology that could bolster the reliability of those renewable resources, too.

“The kind of innovation shown here is certainly very important for the whole country,” the U.S. energy secretary said this week at the University of Texas at Austin. “I know Houston claims to be the energy capital of the world, but I think Texas has a broader role.”

Moniz, a nuclear physicist who has overseen the Department of Energy since 2013, was speaking at a Quadrennial Energy Review gathering, his administration's periodic deep-dive into pressing issues concerning the nation’s power sector.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/05/13/moniz-despite-court-stay-texas-should-develop-clea/

Ernie hasn't been a disaster, but I won't miss him when he's gone.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: U.S. Energy Chief: Texas Should Develop Clean Power Plan
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 12:02:45 pm »
Ernie hasn't been a disaster, but I won't miss him when he's gone.

A pure academic, his classroom approach that lacks practical knowledge mimics his boss in the WH.

Both will not be missed, save be the liberal bedfellows who profit from the government largesse of taking our money on foolish endeavors that have no chance of ever creating value otherwise.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington