Author Topic: Trump, at fundraiser, says of the donor class: "These are my people"  (Read 1379 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/9bca2883ce284bdfa92a3a863881cade/trump-long-island-makes-fundraising-pitch

Excerpts from story originally titled: "Trump, on Long Island, makes fundraising pitch"
by Jonathan Lemire
May 11, 2016

"These are my people," he declared to cheers from the approximately 2,000 people who paid $200 each to attend the Nassau County GOP's annual "Patriots Reception" dinner. He appealed to the Long Island crowd, gathered at a suburban country club just a dozen or so miles from where the celebrity businessman grew up.

Trump mixed in a few local flourishes — including suggesting a Long Island construction company could win the contract to build his proposed Mexican border wall — but largely delivered the same style of speech he has been giving across the nation, including at a handful of fundraisers, since he launched his unlikely presidential campaign 11 months ago.

He taunted his defeated Republican rivals. He told the crowd that it would grow "so tired of winning" while he was in the White House they'd beg him to lose once in a while to keep things interesting.

(full, unedited story at link)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Frank Cannon

“Well the point is that Donald Trump has been making on the campaign trail is that he’s financing his own campaign,” Manafort told conservative radio host Laura Ingraham on Thursday in an interview published by BuzzFeed. “That’s very important for him to say now in his mind because he wants people to know that he owes nobody anything other than the American people, or the voters who are picking, choosing his candidacy.”

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
He taunted his defeated Republican rivals. He told the crowd that it would grow "so tired of winning" while he was in the White House they'd beg him to lose once in a while to keep things interesting.

Trump is appalling.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Mechanicos

200 dollars? 200 dollars? That's small donors. Thats normal people. This article made it sound like he was talking about rich people. Its small donors. Working people. Not the 2000 a plate people that's implied. Another $neverTrump agitprop failure. When you actually get something solid bark like a seal - until then get laughed at.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

200 dollars? 200 dollars? That's small donors. Thats normal people. This article made it sound like he was talking about rich people. Its small donors. Working people. Not the 2000 a plate people that's implied. Another $neverTrump agitprop failure. When you actually get something solid bark like a seal - until then get laughed at.

This is what I would laughingly call $400,000 of self financing.  Chump change really.  The only question for me is why Trump is wasting his time when he is worth $10 Billion.  I guess he is giving back to the small normal working people donors.

What a hero!!!

geronl

giving $200 would mean not paying the rent to a lot of normal people

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

Trump is appalling.

Every time I hear Trump say “winning” why am I reminded of:

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Another Trump Damage Control failure.

How many Long Island country-club political donors would you call "normal people?"

Offline Mechanicos

Another Trump Damage Control failure.

How many Long Island country-club political donors would you call "normal people?"
200 dollars is the small donor limit per the FEC. Stop letting bad people control what you think. Small donors is still the base no matter where we live.  :boring:
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline kevindavis007

200 dollars is the small donor limit per the FEC. Stop letting bad people control what you think. Small donors is still the base no matter where we live.  :boring:

I thought he was rich enough to self fund his own campaign.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Bill Cipher

Re: Trump, at fundraiser, says of the donor class: "These are my people"
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 11:37:08 am »

Says the man whose thoughts are controlled by the Trump cult of personality.  How rich.

And anyone who thinks the residents of Southhampton only pony up $200 per head and that's it is the "bad person" who, like his new god, is spreading lies, I mean truthful hyperboles. 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:45:28 am by Bill Cipher »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 11:37:53 am »
This fundraiser wasn't for his campaign; it was for a local county committee.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 02:49:41 pm »

$200 is just the entry fee for the privilege of being able to write the real checks.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2016, 02:51:45 pm »
“Well the point is that Donald Trump has been making on the campaign trail is that he’s financing his own campaign,” Manafort told conservative radio host Laura Ingraham on Thursday in an interview published by BuzzFeed. “That’s very important for him to say now in his mind because he wants people to know that he owes nobody anything other than the American people, or the voters who are picking, choosing his candidacy.”

I hope people who believe this go take a gander at his FEC filings. He is either lying to the FEC or he is lying to them.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 03:05:44 pm »
2 Facts phoney $neverTrumps aka #alwaysHillary.
1. Small donor class aka 200 dollars and under is the common people. So he was saying same as he says in rallies.
2. He was helping another Fundraiser as he promised the RNC he was going too - not his own.

But please keep on looking like fools pushing this as an issue. It helps to bring Unity.