Author Topic: Trump: My SCOTUS nominee may try to overturn Roe v. Wade  (Read 584 times)

Wingnut

Trump: My SCOTUS nominee may try to overturn Roe v. Wade
« on: May 11, 2016, 06:04:49 pm »
Donald Trump on Tuesday began to outline his vision for a Supreme Court nominee, saying he wants someone who is an abortion rights opponent.

"Trump says he's pro-life. Please ask him to name one specific thing he would do to protect the sanctity of human life — can you?” Fox News host Bill O’Reilly asked (via a viewer question) the presumptive GOP nominee on The O'Reilly Factor, which aired Tuesday night.

“I will protect it. And the biggest way you can protect it is through the Supreme Court and putting people on the court. I mean actually the biggest way you can protect it, I guess, is by electing me president,” Trump said.

“So you’re going to get a judge who would overthrow, overturn Roe v. Wade that’s the specific thing you’re going to do?” O’Reilly asked.

“Well overturn or overturn, look I’m going to put conservative judges on,” Trump said.

O’Reilly attempted to clarify further.

“Your specific thing to protect the sanctity of life would be appointing a Supreme Court justice that would overturn Roe v. Wade, do I have it?” O’Reilly asked.

“Well, they’ll be pro-life and we’ll see about overturning,” Trump said."I will appoint judges that will be pro-life."

Trump has repeatedly said he would appoint conservatives to the court, but largely hasn't elaborated on the details.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-my-scotus-nominee-may-try-to-overturn-roe-v-wade/ar-BBsV9kN?li=BBnb7Kz

geronl

Re: Trump: My SCOTUS nominee may try to overturn Roe v. Wade
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 06:36:39 pm »
I don't see why anyone would believe this guy.

A few weeks ago he said abortion laws should stay the same as they are.

Offline bob434

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 07:26:04 pm »
he's gonna do great wonders and piss little cucumbers

Offline WAC

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 07:30:08 pm »
1.  "may"
2.  Said by a pathological liar and manipulator and flip-flopper

I remain forever and always #NeverTrump.  Those who are trying to walk that back with a pile of "if"s are asking for the impossible and leaving the door of deception wide open.  You can't un-ring a bell.  We know what we know about him and the election is in a matter of months.  Any "change" would just be more dishonest flip-flopping that only a sucker would believe.

So the #NeverNeverTrump crowed needs to decide are they going to paint those white stripes black or those black stripes white on the Trump Zebra?  He is what he is.  A known deceiver cannot be believed ever.  Ride off into the sunset, Donald.

I look fully at Trump's 'progressive' history, not the con he's running now to get votes.....When Trump grasps  that judges can block a President's actions, ...but that he really does get to nominate judges,... he'll put two and two together. ....He'll nominate any of his cronies who would rubber-stamp whatever 'HE' wants. .....the  pro-Trump position.

If he has a choice between a conservative who will block Trumps progressive positions, and any buddy of his who hasn't read the Constitution but would let Trump do what he wants, who do you think Trump would pick?.......Further even a slight push from the Demorats and he'll go moderate at best.

Currently Trump is throwing out there all sorts of "possibilites" in every area to test the public and media on how it will go over......first and foremost to Trump is to sustain his popularity from moment to moment.......as said he's throwing all sorts of crap against the walls to see what sticks.

Bottom line.....Trump is expert in only one area ..'Making Donald Trump 'Look' Great'

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 07:55:15 pm »
He doesn't understand precedent. Only thing that would overturn RvW is an amendment.