Author Topic: Live at 3:30pm EDT AG @LorettaLynch & @CivilRightsAAG to announce a law enforcement action related to North Carolina  (Read 3354 times)

Online libertybele

It is beyond ridiculous.  Men should go into the men's room.  Women should go into the women's room.  Those that are transgender, confused, lesbian, gay, should go into a bathroom labeled LGBT!  It is what it is.  Let the 'confused' stare at each other, trade stories, get their jollies with each other, I really don't care, but leave the heterosexuals alone!!  Stop infringing upon my rights! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
How will Trump straddle this? N Carolina or The USSA DOJ?

How many times will he walk back whatever he initially says?

With a wide stance?

Wingnut

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
This whole gender neutral bathroom thing has gotten so absurd on both sides, I have no idea what to make of it.  The conservatives want to legislate a solution for something that as far as anyone can tell is not a problem, and the left wants to use the law to protect and patronize its every constituency group, regardless of how ridiculous the proposal.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
This whole gender neutral bathroom thing has gotten so absurd on both sides, I have no idea what to make of it.  The conservatives want to legislate a solution for something that as far as anyone can tell is not a problem, and the left wants to use the law to protect and patronize its every constituency group, regardless of how ridiculous the proposal.

Welp, a fully physically male dude was in a Washington State pool, and start undressing in the locker room in front of women and some minor girls. Cops were called but said they could do nothing, it was now a "right" in Washington state.

This doesn't affect me, as I"m a guy and don't have any daughters yet. But if you think that Americans will accept crap like this, I really want some of whatever you're smoking.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I so wanted to see Obama send tanks and troops into bathrooms and such.

That makes me think, we read how in Iran, they have secret ethics police (ISIS does that too but they are beyond the pale), this is kind of like this, just in the opposite direction.

Iran's secret ethics spying police have just been in the news.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Welp, a fully physically male dude was in a Washington State pool, and start undressing in the locker room in front of women and some minor girls. Cops were called but said they could do nothing, it was now a "right" in Washington state.

This doesn't affect me, as I"m a guy and don't have any daughters yet. But if you think that Americans will accept crap like this, I really want some of whatever you're smoking.

They won't.  But since this affects women a lot more than men I think the better strategy is to let the left have its way until it DOES become an issue with its prime constituency group, and then take action.  As it is, it just looks like a reactionary thing. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They won't.  But since this affects women a lot more than men I think the better strategy is to let the left have its way until it DOES become an issue with its prime constituency group, and then take action.  As it is, it just looks like a reactionary thing.

Now, see there's the problem, and why they pick "issues" like this.  We seem petty and silly pushing back against some poor little trans guy in a skirt wanting to use the women's room.  And, we will still seem petty and silly pushing back on the next one and the next one, and each one of the silly little issues moves the goal posts a little farther until we're not even in the stadium any more and wondering how it happened.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Yeah it looks. And tell the truth, you thought it was too. THis isn't gay marriage. Totally different issue and asking people to put up with a lot more. Also affects women more, who are usually the most vociferous gay rights people I know.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Those guys really pi$$ me off.  They aren't women, and they obviously don't want to be.  They are insulting caricatures. 

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.