Author Topic: Trump Trashes Southern Baptists  (Read 2293 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump Trashes Southern Baptists
« on: May 09, 2016, 04:50:18 pm »
Donald Trump finally crossed a line he’s held short of until there was nobody left to offend. He went after Russell Moore, president of the Southern Baptist Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission.

Moore has consistently written of Trump’s moral failings, his lack of repentance, humility or Godly character as disqualifications for office. At least for Christians to support.

But now with the nomination all but in hand, Trump believes he doesn’t need conservative Christians to take on Hillary.....

http://theresurgent.com/trump-trashes-southern-baptists/

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: Trump Trashes Southern Baptists
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 05:35:16 pm »
I am almost certain I heard Moore interviewed in npr Saturday morning, but I cannot find any reference to it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/06/opinion/a-white-church-no-more.html

There was this op ed - I believe I started a thread on it.

The despicable Trump Train slimes yet another good man.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 07:42:52 pm »

That all you got? Not a thing about Southern Baptists of which I am one. Shame on you for that false witness.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 07:44:46 pm »
oh its Eric Erickson, Ok that explains it, hes a known liar about Trump for pay - 3 million dollars.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 07:45:28 pm »

Donald Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, has mounted a Twitter war with Southern Baptist Convention’s chief ethicist, the Rev. Russell Moore.

Moore punched first. Outspokenly #NeverTrump from the get-go, he ramped it up this weekend with an op-ed in the New York Times and an appearance on Face the Nation.

Moore called Trump’s campaign “reality television moral sewage” on Face the Nation. ...
More at Religion News
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 07:51:17 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 07:47:46 pm »
I think someone posted Moore's article here, I read it and then, went on to look up who he was.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 07:54:51 pm »
Robert Jeffress, pastor of First Baptist Dallas, the largest congregation in the Southern Baptist Convention, has his lips locked firmly on Trump's wrinkled ass, so there's that.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 01:25:08 am »
Trump Lacks twitter control.  Too many examples of wantonly attacking (former?) supporters.  Ryan and now this.

It is insulting for all people of faith, especially given that Trump did not have the guts to do this before Cruz got out.

That all you got? Not a thing about Southern Baptists of which I am one. Shame on you for that false witness.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 01:32:16 am »
I think someone posted Moore's article here, I read it and then, went on to look up who he was.

I posted this Christian Letter to Trump but it was Matt Barber.

Politics / A Christian letter to nominee Trump

http://www.wnd.com/2016/05/a-christian-letter-to-nominee-trump/#TolCfZYRYfsiKAxr.99

Looks like Christians are finally speaking up about what poor judgment it would be to support Trump.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:35:27 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 01:44:43 am »
I'm not a southern baptist so have no clue who Moore is, but this is the normal MO for Trump, to call anyone of notoriety nasty and disgusting and a horrible human being, if they don't support him.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DrewsDad

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 01:45:43 am »
He went after Russell Moore, president of the Southern Baptist Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission.

Yet another stupid Trump Tweet.  Trump should have just ignored him rather than respond. Why do anything to jeopardize support from a group with 16 million members?

Russell Moore has a significant influence over Southern Baptist  pastors.  I heard his name mentioned in last week's sermon regarding his book "Onward".
"Vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution."
- Cruz - The Consistent Constitutional Conservative

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2016, 01:56:20 am »
I'm not a southern baptist so have no clue who Moore is, but this is the normal MO for Trump, to call anyone of notoriety nasty and disgusting and a horrible human being, if they don't support him.

Exactly.  Right now, his disgusting and vile nature towards others is coming back to haunt him.  People that he's been contemplating as his VP don't want to be associated with him. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2016, 03:10:24 am »
Yet another stupid Trump Tweet.  Trump should have just ignored him rather than respond. Why do anything to jeopardize support from a group with 16 million members?

Russell Moore has a significant influence over Southern Baptist  pastors.  I heard his name mentioned in last week's sermon regarding his book "Onward".

:amen:
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Online LadyLiberty

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 03:12:14 am »

IMO it's more powerful to totally ignore someone's criticism than to fire back with ad hominems.  Ignoring them sends the message that they aren't important enough to be worthy of attention or their message is so lame that isn't worthy of a response.  But Trump is so thin-skinned and insecure that he can't help himself.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 01:25:02 pm »
IMO it's more powerful to totally ignore someone's criticism than to fire back with ad hominems.  Ignoring them sends the message that they aren't important enough to be worthy of attention or their message is so lame that isn't worthy of a response.  But Trump is so thin-skinned and insecure that he can't help himself.

I believe it was Hannity who had Moore on last evening. He was brilliant! He agreed with  Trump's insult of him, saying that he (More) was inded a sinner in need of God's mercy and forgiveness.

Now right there is how it's done.