Author Topic: NEW: Donald Trump Walks Back Tax Plan, Saying 'It's Going to Be Negotiated' (Tax Increases on Job Creators)  (Read 6974 times)

Offline sinkspur

Real world that has no chance of being passed, but going after hedge funds, fake charities like Gates and Hillary use, hedge funds, special trusts etc is doable.

So you want to gouge the rich?  You realize, don't you, that they won't just pay up.  As long as the tax code has loopholes, the wealthy will find them and use them.

Trump has zero chance of winning.  You know that, I'm sure.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

@Mechanicos

Define "Super Rich"?
Worth Billions but is mostly exempt from "income tax" because they can afford to set up the tax avoidance monetary vehicles created by their lobbyists in the tax code.  Examples are Trump, Clinton's, Cruz's gay Billionaire donors, etc All who escape the tax we have to pay because they are incorporated and have tax avoidance vehicles handle their wealth and expenses.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Fantom

I used to agree with that entirely but months and months on end of the same old tired circular arguments wears you down!

I understand that. 

But consider it an act of restraint. If you walk into a bar, do you have to drink every beer in the house... spare me, I know the answer... If the House can withstand it!!!  :smokin:

Consider such as a Corona.. you would not drink it... but maybe take notice of those who do.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mechanicos

So you want to gouge the rich?  You realize, don't you, that they won't just pay up.  As long as the tax code has loopholes, the wealthy will find them and use them.

Trump has zero chance of winning.  You know that, I'm sure.
And you have a zero percent accuracy record so far too.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Fantom

Worth Billions but is mostly exempt from "income tax" because they can afford to set up the tax avoidance monetary vehicles created by their lobbyists in the tax code.  Examples are Trump, Clinton's, Cruz's gay Billionaire donors, etc All who escape the tax we have to pay because they are incorporated and have tax avoidance vehicles handle their wealth and expenses.

Of you think for a minute trump is really going to tax himself...much less the Homosexuals who backed Ted.. not because Ted was advancing homosexual causes... but because Ted was honest..and was advancing All human liberty.

Well... I would say something but it would digress upon you.  So I refrain...but if you are interested... I have some beachfront property you might fall for.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline montanajoe

Ah...but other respected members engage him, so you'll see his posts in any event.

Furthermore, it's not like his forte is posting juvenile sophomoric animated memes, so why ignore him?   

Don't want to see an opposing POV?

His is not an opposing POV it's the same theme said hundreds of times, geez I'm an old guy, but even I can get his point after hearing it a few times.
It's like painting a house blue, as long as you are using the same paint each time you still are going to end up with a blue house no matter how many times you paint it.  :thud:

I figure I'll save the bandwidth for another thread that may actually offer another POV...

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:53:14 am by montanajoe »

Offline GrouchoTex

As long as the tax code doesn't close the loopholes, this will continue.
As long as the K street lobbyist can influence the winners and losers of the tax code, this will not go away.
Straight and Gay people both, who lobby for tax breaks in the tax code should not have an acquiescent congress to give them that .
Trump's plan not does do anything to fix this.
At best, he is picking his own winners and losers,as far as the tax code goes.
Remember, he came out for Ethanol in Iowa.

Offline Fantom

I was thinking that too.  GLad you made the point.

Still am 'Trump Realist', but may have to rethink that.

Especially if Trump gets into a competition with Hillary and Bern to see who can move to the left the fastest.

Probably be a Trump President with Hillary as the head of the Dept of Corruption.. and  Sanders as Commissar of Free stuff.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

Completely misses the point. Its not about taxing businesses its about taxing the the super rich's wealth generation which is not individual income to them per the lobbyist derived definitions of what is taxable income. Is Hilliary's speaking fees income taxable to her? No, why not, even tho she benefits and controls it? Because its structured thru a "charity" that pays all her bills and covers all her expensiveness.  So instead of getting taxed on her 160K speaking fees for 15 min she pays no personal income tax on it. And her charity has so much expenses (sic) and exemptions it does not pay it either. Thats the kind of stuff hes talking about, not the Income tax we have to deal with.

LOL... like George Sorros,Warren Buffet, Gates are going to let a puppet like Trump actually tax them. Heck, Bloomberg can buy and  sell trump many times over.  In fact trump has already said he is for sale.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 01:08:36 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

As long as the K street lobbyist can influence the winners and losers of the tax code, this will not go away.
Straight and Gay people both, who lobby for tax breaks in the tax code should not have an acquiescent congress to give them that .

Well said.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Very well said and dead on accurate!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mechanicos

Trump is not blowing out the rest of the competition because of taxes, abortion, Gaystapo or any other other social issues conservatives lose elections over. Hes focused on Trade, Jobs, National Security, Making America competitive again. As much as the left wants the issue put back into their round pegs hes going around them to what most Americans care about: Illegals Muslims Jobs economy, ISIS, Corruption in DC. Etc.

Offline kjam22

Yeah, and why does Trump plan to work with Democrats instead of Republicans?  Does he plan to make sure a Republicans lose the House and Senate?  He certainly seems to be campaigning against Republicans all the time instead of Democrats.

King Trumpy to negotiate with democrats.....'

Meet the new boss...... the same as the old boss

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 01:38:30 am by kjam22 »
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline libertybele

King Trumpy to negotiate with democrats.....'

Meet the new boss...... the same as the old boss

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

:beer:    :beer:   "Take a bow for the new revolution" ... Cruz anyone?   :patriot:

Cruz.  Reigniting the Promise of America!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MACVSOG68

It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline washi

Ok tired of this, Have none of you ever done a negotiation?

Why yes, yes I have.

I always find it beneficial, when going into a negotiation, NOT to tell the other party, beforehand, on national television, that I'm totally willing to cave on my first offer.

Any organization not explicitly conservative will turn liberal over time.

Offline kjam22

Why yes, yes I have.

I always find it beneficial, when going into a negotiation, NOT to tell the other party, beforehand, on national television, that I'm totally willing to cave on my first offer.

Years ago I had a job negotiating settlements between the company I worked for and the other owners in oil and gas wells.   Trump's negotiating skills are limited to bribing people to do what he needs done.  Beyond that I'm guessing he has little or no negotiating skills.... regardless of what his book might say....
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline HootOwl

The IRS was created to finance WWI   I thought that war ended long ago.  How about that, Woody

Oceander

Oops.  Another promise gone.

Offline Fantom

Why yes, yes I have.

Was that obama or trump?

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mechanicos

Meet the Press Transcript - May 8, 2016
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meet-press-may-8-2016-n570111

This is the interview that the press says is where Trump says he will raise taxes on the rich. The press isolates one remark to the exclusion of others.

CHUCK TODD: Wait a minute. Let me stop you there. You just said, "Businesses might pay a little bit more." You just said, "Business might pay a little bit more, but we're going to get 'em a massive tax cut." You just said it within ten words.

DONALD TRUMP: No, no. I didn't say it. Excuse me. I said they might have to pay a little bit more than my proposal, Chuck. I said they might have--

CHUCK TODD: Oh, your proposal. Okay. I just wanted to get that clear.

DONALD TRUMP: --yeah, than my proposal.

CHUCK TODD: Fair enough.

DONALD TRUMP: I'm not talking about more than they're paying now.

The interview moved on to other subjects.

Press report, "Trump changes tune on tax hikes for wealthy Americans" (Reuters), "Donald Trump Says Wealthy May See Tax Increase" (WSJ), "Now Donald Trump Says He Could Raise Taxes on Rich Americans" (Fortune).

Totally dishonest reporting. ^^^

Wingnut

More like a Totally dishonest candidate.

Offline kjam22

Meet the Press Transcript - May 8, 2016
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meet-press-may-8-2016-n570111

This is the interview that the press says is where Trump says he will raise taxes on the rich. The press isolates one remark to the exclusion of others.

CHUCK TODD: Wait a minute. Let me stop you there. You just said, "Businesses might pay a little bit more." You just said, "Business might pay a little bit more, but we're going to get 'em a massive tax cut." You just said it within ten words.

DONALD TRUMP: No, no. I didn't say it. Excuse me. I said they might have to pay a little bit more than my proposal, Chuck. I said they might have--

CHUCK TODD: Oh, your proposal. Okay. I just wanted to get that clear.

DONALD TRUMP: --yeah, than my proposal.

CHUCK TODD: Fair enough.

DONALD TRUMP: I'm not talking about more than they're paying now.

The interview moved on to other subjects.

Press report, "Trump changes tune on tax hikes for wealthy Americans" (Reuters), "Donald Trump Says Wealthy May See Tax Increase" (WSJ), "Now Donald Trump Says He Could Raise Taxes on Rich Americans" (Fortune).

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-walks-back-tax-plan-negotiated/story?id=38959168

This link has audio.... it's worth a listen.

Offline Mechanicos

You are conflating what Trump said about two different things -- personal taxes, and business taxes.  In the earlier part of the interview, Trump was very clear about his desire to raise tax rates on wealthier individuals, rather than reducing them from 38% to 25% as he stated in his published plan.  In the latter part of the interview -- which is the part you quoted -- he was talking about business tax rates still going down below their current rates..
If you $neverTrump people continue twisting you may end up in the proverbial Gordian knot.

This was discussed above about the Super Rich not the middle class wealthy. People in Trump's brackets of wealth.