Author Topic: NEW: Donald Trump Walks Back Tax Plan, Saying 'It's Going to Be Negotiated' (Tax Increases on Job Creators)  (Read 6976 times)

Offline Henry Noel

Bill Clinton rode to office on the back of a promise to cut taxes. Almost the minute he was inaugurated he reneged, saying that the situation was worse than he had thought. He never had any intention of cutting taxes.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Bill Clinton rode to office on the back of a promise to cut taxes. Almost the minute he was inaugurated he reneged, saying that the situation was worse than he had thought. He never had any intention of cutting taxes.

And there is ZERO evidence that Trump is any different!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MACVSOG68

And there is ZERO evidence that Trump is any different!

Then that should suggest a vote for Hillary since we know she will keep her promises... :smokin:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Then that should suggest a vote for Hillary since we know she will keep her promises... :smokin:

You know very well that is a LIE! Gary Johnson 2016!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

So, it appears this is the General election Trump: Revisiting minimum wage, raising taxes, welcoming outside funding & embracing debt.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ScottinVA

"By the time it gets negotiated, it's going to be a different plan," Trump told George Stephanopoulos on ABC News' "This Week."

In Trump’s tax plan, the wealthiest individuals would get a tax break, with the top tax rate dropping from 39.6 percent to 25 percent. But when pressed if he wants taxes on the wealthy to go up or down, he predicted that the top rate would be higher than the plan says.

Trumpettes cite his "ability to negotiate from strength" as one of their prime reasons for supporting him.  This doesn't sound like "negotiation."  If any other candidate spoke of a future capitulation such as this, we'd hear squeals of "RINO," "COWARD," etc.  But... we must remember, it's "The Donald," and all words, thoughts and deeds from and by him are always -- without fail -- the stuff of stunning brilliance.

Offline MACVSOG68

You know very well that is a LIE! Gary Johnson 2016!

What...you don't believe Hillary will keep her promises?   :whistle:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:58:28 pm by MACVSOG68 »

Offline ScottinVA

If you $neverTrump people continue twisting you may end up in the proverbial Gordian knot.

This was discussed above about the Super Rich not the middle class wealthy. People in Trump's brackets of wealth.

So tell us where in that ballyhooed tax plan of his of any mention of a tax hike on ANY earner.  (Spoiler for ya... there was none.)

And since this is just another example of Trump's amazing negotiation acumen -- capitulating even before putting his plan to the legislative test -- what else is on the block?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 02:32:20 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline ScottinVA

Nomination of Trump is the surest vote for Hillary.  Of course -- true to form -- Trump's backers are already pre-spinning the coming train wreck as the fault of those conservatives who oppose him, completely ignoring the fact they were quite willing to support Trump in a third-party candidacy had he failed to gain the nomination.

Offline MACVSOG68

Nomination of Trump is the surest vote for Hillary.  Of course -- true to form -- Trump's backers are already pre-spinning the coming train wreck as the fault of those conservatives who oppose him, completely ignoring the fact they were quite willing to support Trump in a third-party candidacy had he failed to gain the nomination.

Well to be honest (which of course I always am... :laugh:), much of the public holds both Trump and Cruz in a negative light.  I didn't vote for either in our primary, but if he wins the nomination, I will vote to keep Hillary from taking the oath of office. 

Offline Mechanicos

So tell us where in that ballyhooed tax plan of his of any mention of a tax hike on ANY earner.  (Spoiler for ya... there was none.)

And since this is just another example of Trump's amazing negotiation acumen -- capitulating even before putting his plan to the legislative test -- what else is on the block?

The flaw in your attempted mocking was the use of the term "earner" which  is the paradigm of people who earn incomes related to work performed. The Super Rich have trusts, charities, tax shelters, dummy corps that "earn" their wealth.

Now the facts for the $neverTrump hyperbole pushers, the only raise he discussed was against his bottom number proposed, Not the existing Tax rates. But like the rest of barrage of $neverTrump lies out lately the truth is rejected so as to benefit the Globalist ruling class.
 :facepalm2:
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17