Author Topic: Clinton’s ‘We’re Going to Put Coal Companies and Miners out of Work’ Comment Not Winning Over Voters in West Virginia  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Clinton’s ‘We’re Going to Put Coal Companies and Miners out of Work’ Comment Not Winning Over Voters in West Virginia

http://www.oilandgas360.com/clintons-were-going-to-put-coal-companies-and-miners-out-of-work-comment-not-winning-over-voters-in-west-virginia/?utm_source=Closing+Bell+Report&utm_campaign=d438783543-Closing_Bell_RSS_Campaign&utm_medium=email

Oil and Gas 360
Staff writer

When politicians get called out by a flesh-and-blood voter for something damaging they said, something that was broadcast on CNN and archived on Youtube, their sudden backtracking, denials and squirming are revealing.

Clinton told a CNN panel in March: “We’re going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business.” The former secretary of state, running for the Democrat nomination for president, was talking about renewable energy, and bringing clean energy to West Virginia, a state whose economy is dependent on fossil fuels and has been ravaged by President Obama’s self-described ‘war on coal’.

At a rally for Clinton this week, laid-off coal miner Bo Copley said to Clinton: “I just want to know how you can say you’re going to put a lot of coal miners out of … jobs, and then come in here and tell us how you’re going to be our friend, because those people out there don’t see you as a friend.”

Clinton said her CNN remarks were a “misstatement,” and that she’s actually been a friend of coal country “for a very long time.”

In an interview with West Virginia Secretary of Commerce Keith Burdette, Oil & Gas 360® learned the bitter facts of how the coal mining downturn is affecting his state:

“I think the Administration does need to consider that their changes in policy are creating a huge economic challenge in the coal fields...

(More at link)
http://www.oilandgas360.com/clintons-were-going-to-put-coal-companies-and-miners-out-of-work-comment-not-winning-over-voters-in-west-virginia/?utm_source=Closing+Bell+Report&utm_campaign=d438783543-Closing_Bell_RSS_Campaign&utm_medium=email
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis