Author Topic: Sure looks like Kasich’s goal was to stop Cruz  (Read 980 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sure looks like Kasich’s goal was to stop Cruz
« on: May 04, 2016, 09:55:59 pm »
http://hotair.com/archives/2016/05/04/sure-looks-like-kasichs-goal-was-to-stop-cruz/

Sure looks like Kasich’s goal was to stop Cruz
posted at 5:01 pm on May 4, 2016 by Larry O'Connor

With the news that Gov. John Kasich (R-OH) will suspend his fruitless campaign for president Wednesday at 5PM it’s worth asking the obvious question: Why now?

Kasich lost every single caucus and primary over the past several months except for his home state of Ohio. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) has more delegates for the nomination than Kasich and he’s been out of the race for weeks. So why stay in as long as he did just to drop out when the race finally comes down to just two candidates?

Let’s focus on a few key moments of the past several weeks that could lend one to believe that Kasich’s main goal was not to win the nomination (obviously) and not to stop Donald Trump from locking up the nomination. No, it appears Kasich’s main goal was to stop Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), and he succeeded.

March 17: Trump announces he will not show up on the debate stage for a Mar. 21 Fox News debate. Following Rubio’s defection from the race that week, the debate was shaping up to be the big moment for Trump to face-off with Cruz and Kasich in a three-man race. Trump’s announcement gives Kasich his opportunity to share the stage with Cruz thus giving him half of the debate time (something he’d been begging for) and instead, he inexplicably announces that if Trump doesn’t show up, neither will he. (CNN)

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Sure looks like Kasich’s goal was to stop Cruz
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 09:59:48 pm »
Of course it was. Soros was funding Kasich and Soros is great pals with Donny.

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 10:24:53 pm »
There are always goodies to be had if you do what Trump wants.  I've read that a couple of the clergymen who endorsed him said that he was very "generous."

Off topic, but Liberty University is in my area, and I found it interesting that, not long after endorsing Trump,  Jerry Falwell Jr. purchased a shopping mall for $33.5 million.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 10:25:45 pm by Silver Pines »

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 10:29:12 pm »
Yes it does.  Only dropping out after Cruz does.   Methinks that Money from his donors dried up too.

A-Lert

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 10:30:54 pm »
5 alarm TINFOIL ALERT!!!

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 10:38:34 pm »
Kasich is probably going to be Trump's VP on the GOP-e ticket, and I will not vote for a Trump/Kasich GOP-e ticket. 

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 10:39:27 pm by Eowyn »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 10:38:44 pm »
5 alarm TINFOIL ALERT!!!

:thumbsup3:

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 01:10:17 am »
Kasich is probably going to be Trump's VP on the GOP-e ticket, and I will not vote for a Trump/Kasich GOP-e ticket.

Of course he is.  Trump paid Kasich to stay in to keep Cruz from beating him. There were reports of Kasich running out of money long ago ... how do you think he was able to afford to stay in?  It's not like Kasich was winning in several states and accumulating a lot of delegates to warrant money from big donors.  The Kasich alliance with Trump has been in the work for quite sometime.  Not so much that Trump thinks highly of Kasich, but Trump needs Kasich for two reasons.  First and foremost he needed him to stay in to take votes from Cruz and secondly he now needs him to win the State of Ohio.  Notice how Trump never went after Kasich; even in Ohio.

Had Kasich won the nomination I would have voted for him.  Now that it is more than evident that Kasich only stayed into stop Rubio and Cruz I will not vote for a Trump/Kasich ticket.  For one, Kasich out and out lied to his supporters.  Secondly, he made a deal with Cruz and the faltered on that deal.  Kasich is a typical deceitful, lying politician. Thirdly, he emphatically stated that he was not interested in being Trump's nominee when nothing could have been further from the truth.

#NeverTrump/Kasich
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 01:14:05 am »

I'm not going to vote for a Trump/anyone ticket.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien