Author Topic: ‘President Trump?’ Here’s How He Says It Would Look  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Mechanicos

‘President Trump?’ Here’s How He Says It Would Look
« on: May 04, 2016, 08:14:30 pm »
‘President Trump?’ Here’s How He Says It Would Look

Donald J. Trump is now the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, but he is also keenly aware that many in his own party — and many Americans, frankly — are scared and anxious about the idea of him in the Oval Office. Even he is not sure how a deeply divided nation would adjust to the first 100 days of a Trump presidency.
Shortly after the Nov. 8 election, President-elect Trump and his vice president — most likely a governor or member of Congress — would begin interviewing candidates for the open Supreme Court seat and quickly settle on a nominee in the mold of Justice Antonin Scalia.

He would launch a charm offensive to start “building a government based on relationships,” perhaps inviting the Republican leaders Paul D. Ryan and Mitch McConnell to escape the chilly Washington fall and schmooze at Mar-a-Lago over golf and two-pound lobsters.

On Inauguration Day, he would go to a “beautiful” gala ball or two, but focus mostly on rescinding Obama executive orders on immigration and calling up corporate executives to threaten punitive measures if they shift jobs out of the United States.

And by the end of his first 100 days as the nation’s 45th leader, the wall with Mexico would be designed, the immigration ban on Muslims would be in place, the audit of the Federal Reserve would be underway and plans to repeal the Affordable Care Act would be in motion.
“I know everyone won’t like everything I do, but I’m not running to be everyone’s favorite president,” Mr. Trump said. “Things are seriously wrong in this country. People are hurting, business is hurting. I’m running to move quickly to make big changes.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/05/us/politics/donald-trump-president.html?_r=0
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

Re: ‘President Trump?’ Here’s How He Says It Would Look
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 08:20:09 pm »
On Inauguration Day, he would go to a “beautiful” gala ball or two, but focus mostly on rescinding Obama executive orders on immigration and calling up corporate executives to threaten punitive measures if they shift jobs out of the United States.

And those same corporate executives would begin formulating plants to relocate headquarters to Ireland, where the corporate tax rate is 12% and the government there doesn't give a damn where jobs are located.

Besides, he can't "punish" businesses.  Congress would stop him cold.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 08:22:44 pm »
He argued that the fact that he would not have to rely on wealthy donors to finance his campaign would ultimately prove appealing to many voters as they realize he is not “bought and paid for.”

Except he's already said that he would be taking corporate donations because he "can't afford to sell a couple of buildings to finance my campaign." 

So he's already lying.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 08:27:03 pm »
And those same corporate executives would begin formulating plants to relocate headquarters to Ireland, where the corporate tax rate is 12% and the government there doesn't give a damn where jobs are located.

Precisely. Who was President in 1988?

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/codification/executive-order/12661.html

By virtue of the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, including the Omnibus Trade and Competitiveness Act of 1988 (P.L. 100-418, 102 Stat. 1107) (”Omnibus Trade Act”), the Tariff Act of 1930 (Chapter 497, 46 Stat. 590, June 17, 1930), as amended (”Tariff Act”), the National Defense Authorization Act, Fiscal Year 1989 (P.L. 100-456, 102 Stat. 1918) (”Defense Authorization Act”), section 301 of Title 3 of the United States Code, and, in general, to ensure that the international trade policy of the United States shall be conducted and administered in a way that achieves the economic, foreign policy, and national security objectives of the United States and in a coordinated manner under the direction of the President, it is hereby ordered as follows:
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 08:32:15 pm »
 :th_10444:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 08:35:26 pm »
Precisely. Who was President in 1988?

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/codification/executive-order/12661.html

By virtue of the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, including the Omnibus Trade and Competitiveness Act of 1988 (P.L. 100-418, 102 Stat. 1107) (”Omnibus Trade Act”), the Tariff Act of 1930 (Chapter 497, 46 Stat. 590, June 17, 1930), as amended (”Tariff Act”), the National Defense Authorization Act, Fiscal Year 1989 (P.L. 100-456, 102 Stat. 1918) (”Defense Authorization Act”), section 301 of Title 3 of the United States Code, and, in general, to ensure that the international trade policy of the United States shall be conducted and administered in a way that achieves the economic, foreign policy, and national security objectives of the United States and in a coordinated manner under the direction of the President, it is hereby ordered as follows:

He cannot impose tariffs on select companies.  Bills of attainder are unconstitutional.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 08:37:40 pm »

So there would be 2 giant sucking sounds. The first would be the sound of all the companies leaving because of Trump. The second would be Trump himself.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 08:40:15 pm »
He cannot impose tariffs on select companies.  Bills of attainder are unconstitutional.
Can and has been done. Sorry but you are wrong. its legal.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 08:40:38 pm »
A charm offensive?  His arrogance knows no limits.  He is disgusting and I will NEVER fall for his con game.

(Now will you go away?)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:42:05 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 08:41:45 pm »

Give me several examples, please. Non-National Enquirer-based.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 08:43:09 pm »
Give me several examples, please. Non-National Enquirer-based.

I gave you a starting point. If you want to hire me for research I take Credit cards and pay pal.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 08:47:34 pm »
I gave you a starting point. If you want to hire me for research I take Credit cards and pay pal.

I knew you couldn't. Look up a bill of attainder.  Applies to Congress and the President.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 08:50:48 pm »
I knew you couldn't. Look up a bill of attainder.  Applies to Congress and the President.

If it fell under such you would have a point, However its under the acts listed and used by Regan.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 08:52:20 pm »

Baloney. You can do it to products or industries, but you cannot, and there has never been tariffs on one company over another making the same product.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:53:05 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 08:53:19 pm »

I'll put you out of your misery. In the EO link you find this for example:
Sec. 2-201. Sanctions Against Toshiba and Kongsberg.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 08:53:59 pm »
If it fell under such you would have a point, However its under the acts listed and used by Regan.

Not buying from a foreign company is not the same as levying a tax on an American-based business.  Two entirely different things.

Try again.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 08:54:43 pm »

Nope.  See my post above.

Pursuant to section 2443 of the Omnibus Trade Act and subject to the exceptions referred to in paragraph (3), departments, agencies and instrumentalities of the United States Government shall not for the three-year period beginning on the date this Order takes effect, contract with or procure products and services from Toshiba Machine Company, Kongsberg Trading Company, Toshiba Corporation or Kongsberg Vaapenfabrikk.

"Not procuring" is not buying.  It has nothing to do with taxes.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:56:31 pm by sinkspur »

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2016, 08:56:49 pm »
A charm offensive?  His arrogance knows no limits.  He is disgusting and I will NEVER fall for his con game.

Trump has always been more offensive than charming.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2016, 08:57:42 pm »

Its not an American company, its a foreign operation- and that's why its legal. He could not do it on American produced but can do it on imported goods. Samsung had US offices too.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2016, 08:58:47 pm »
Those were trade sanctions, not tariiffs. Those companies were wholly banned in the US for 3 years.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 08:59:41 pm »

"Not procuring" is not buying.  It has nothing to do with taxes.

Point is those acts allowed targeted Sanctions of specific companies and the Tariff act allows the tariff as a sanction.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2016, 09:13:23 pm »
Its not an American company, its a foreign operation- and that's why its legal. He could not do it on American produced but can do it on imported goods. Samsung had US offices too.

You're off in the weeds.

The topic of this thread is Trump threatening to punish certain American companies for moving jobs overseas.  Trump cannot levy a tax on an American-headquartered company for any reason.  That is a bill of attainder and is unconstitutional.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2016, 09:14:26 pm »
Point is those acts allowed targeted Sanctions of specific companies and the Tariff act allows the tariff as a sanction.

Not on American companies.   

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2016, 11:26:14 pm »
You're off in the weeds.

The topic of this thread is Trump threatening to punish certain American companies for moving jobs overseas.  Trump cannot levy a tax on an American-headquartered company for any reason.  That is a bill of attainder and is unconstitutional.

Since the goods are imported he can. They fall under both Duty and tariff fees both within the relm of the Executive. Like I said he cannot for INSIDE Commerce, But dam sure can for International Commerce. FYI US govt has sanctioned many global companies. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2016, 11:29:13 pm »
Since the goods are imported he can. They fall under both Duty and tariff fees both within the relm of the Executive. Like I said he cannot for INSIDE Commerce, But dam sure can for International Commerce. FYI US govt has sanctioned many global companies.

No, he cannot. You don't know the law and you obviously are not familiar with a bill of attainder.

Trump cannot impose tariffs on a company for taking jobs outside the US.  You don't know what the hell you're talking about and should stop.