Author Topic: Just getting rolling...  (Read 7601 times)

Offline MajorClay

Re: Just getting rolling...
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2016, 08:57:09 pm »
looks like it worked

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2016, 10:42:13 pm »
Thanks, I'll give it a try.  Did you see the rig count today?
To be honest, I haven't checked the national count. I look at the State (ND): 26 rigs, two on their way to the weeds when they are done with the present wells (About 10% of the total here at the peak)

Found here: https://www.dmr.nd.gov/oilgas/riglist.asp

Baker Hughes Rig Count: (388 land rigs in the US) found here: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=79687&p=irol-reportsother

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2016, 12:26:53 am »
You guys don't need a ping list, you can get a notification for the entire subboard of "energy".

Offline thackney

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2016, 12:40:36 am »
You guys don't need a ping list, you can get a notification for the entire subboard of "energy".

How do we get a notification for a subboard?

(easier to ask you than go look as I should first....)
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2016, 12:41:54 am »
How do we get a notification for a subboard?

(easier to ask you than go look as I should first....)

Click on "Energy Issues" above then "Notify".  ^-^

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2016, 12:59:22 am »
I'm not an energy sector worker, but I'll be reading with interest. Probably not speaking - "Better to be silent and supposed a fool, than to speak and prove it" seems a reasonable guideline for an area you know nothing about!

Please speak up when you have a question.  This is supposed to be for information sharing but also for education purposes and for every person who asks one, there are likely many more that had the same Q.

So far I see represented upstream O&G folks like the moderator(geologist) and myself(petroleum engineer), at least one from research, and at least one from the power facilities side who knows a lot beyond that.  Between us all, we should likely find someone who knows an answer to most energy-related issues, or as is more likely, can find out where to look.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2016, 02:45:08 am »
Click on "Energy Issues" above then "Notify".  ^-^

Thank you, Thank you very much!

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2016, 02:48:32 am »
Thanks for moderating!

:amen:  Great to see this bunch together again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2016, 02:51:40 am »
Looking forward to it! I work in cement manufacture which has many close ties with the energy sector.

My dad worked in that industry for many years.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2016, 02:57:55 am »
Retired consultant and tech writer here. Worked in many locations around the world including the Middle East for many years.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2016, 02:59:05 am »
I'm interested in the rig count. Saw yesterday there were none in Montana..hard to believe its fallen off that much

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2016, 03:00:12 am »
Retired consultant and tech writer here. Worked in many locations around the world including the Middle East for many years.
Good to have you aboard, Bigun!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2016, 03:01:02 am »
I'm interested in the rig count. Saw yesterday there were none in Montana..hard to believe its fallen off that much
I just added a new topic with the link to the Baker-Hughes rig counts. We aim to please!

C S Lewis

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2016, 03:04:25 am »
I just added a new topic with the link to the Baker-Hughes rig counts. We aim to please!

Found it thanks :thumbsup:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2016, 03:04:44 am »
Good to have you aboard, Bigun!

Thanks! You, Thackney, and I participated on some LONG threads that I fondly remember over at TOS some years ago.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2016, 03:56:02 am »
Thanks! You, Thackney, and I participated on some LONG threads that I fondly remember over at TOS some years ago.
Sure did. That's part of the reason for this area, to educate people on energy issues so there aren't so many misconceptions.  Some of them were amazing...

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2016, 04:21:25 am »
Smoking Joe,

Thanks for starting this thread.  I look forward to reading it.  Here is a thread that I read daily for oil/gas info and stock info.  I hope the link works as I'm logged in as a member.

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/subject.aspx?subjectid=50987

I'm a geologist as well, but in West Texas......
Welcome aboard!

The link works, but they don't like my ad blocker....I can disable it for individual sites, though.

West Texas counts, too. Energy is a global market, no matter what the governments do.

C S Lewis

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2016, 09:59:46 am »
My dad worked in that industry for many years.
20 years for me. Mostly in a production lab/QC.
My Father was in it for over forty; working his way into engineering and later into management.  Eventually he served as plant manager at three different plants.

And I have one brother who worked for 18 years at a waste burning operation at a cement plant in S. Carolina.

They say that people in cement are mixed up and set in their ways.  :tongue2:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 10:08:19 am by uglybiker »
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2016, 12:28:22 pm »
Smoking Joe,

Thanks for starting this thread.  I look forward to reading it.  Here is a thread that I read daily for oil/gas info and stock info.  I hope the link works as I'm logged in as a member.

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/subject.aspx?subjectid=50987

I'm a geologist as well, but in West Texas......

Holy cow, I pulled up that thread and the Art Berman spurted out.  For those who do not know, he is one of the most anti-shale guys out there who got fired as an editor of World Oil.  Be careful when you read his posts.....
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2016, 12:40:12 pm »
Holy cow, I pulled up that thread and the Art Berman spurted out.  For those who do not know, he is one of the most anti-shale guys out there who got fired as an editor of World Oil.  Be careful when you read his posts.....
Good to know, thanks!

C S Lewis

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2016, 12:57:22 pm »
Good to know, thanks!

Sorry to inform you he is also a geologist.  Sorta a Chicken-Little variety who was scared to drill a well I suppose as he appears not to undertake risk.  I had him in my office once explaining his philosophy.

Example of his prognostications which did not become true:

http://www.outsiderclub.com/report/the-coming-bust-of-the-us-shale-oil-gas-ponzi/1041

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2016, 01:12:52 pm »
20 years for me. Mostly in a production lab/QC.
My Father was in it for over forty; working his way into engineering and later into management.  Eventually he served as plant manager at three different plants.

And I have one brother who worked for 18 years at a waste burning operation at a cement plant in S. Carolina.

They say that people in cement are mixed up and set in their ways.  :tongue2:

My dad (WWII South Pacific Marine) worked his entire career for Trinity Portland. Now merged into something else I believe.  I think he pretty much did everything that could be done over his lifetime.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2016, 01:15:15 pm »
Sorry to inform you he is also a geologist.  Sorta a Chicken-Little variety who was scared to drill a well I suppose as he appears not to undertake risk.  I had him in my office once explaining his philosophy.

Example of his prognostications which did not become true:

http://www.outsiderclub.com/report/the-coming-bust-of-the-us-shale-oil-gas-ponzi/1041
Sad to say, but roughly half of all geologists are below average (Engineers, too).

C S Lewis

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2016, 01:38:55 pm »
My dad (WWII South Pacific Marine) worked his entire career for Trinity Portland. Now merged into something else I believe.  I think he pretty much did everything that could be done over his lifetime.

My father was plant plant engineer of the Trinity plant in Houston in the late 60's and moved up to the plant Manager's spot at Dallas in late '71 or early '72.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2016, 01:43:13 pm »
My father was plant plant engineer of the Trinity plant in Houston in the late 60's and moved up to the plant Manager's spot at Dallas in late '71 or early '72.

I'm sure they knew each other well!  My dad worked at that plant for many years.

- J. R. R. Tolkien