Author Topic: BREAKING: New Game-Changing Poll Shows Ted Cruz CLOBBERING Trump By Double Digits in Indiana!!  (Read 4549 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
BREAKING: New Game-Changing Poll Shows Ted Cruz CLOBBERING Trump By Double Digits in Indiana!!

By: Caleb Howe (Diary)  |  April 29th, 2016 at 03:29 PM

A new poll is out today, and the results are great news for Ted Cruz, #nevertrump, and basically America in general. Ted Cruz is slaughtering Trump with a double-digit lead.

From The Hill:

The Texas senator leads the real estate mogul 45 percent to 29 percent among registered voters, according to a poll by the Mike Downs Center for Indiana Politics.

Let’s repeat that: 45 to 29 percent. That’s a 16 point lead. The poll was released in Indiana on Friday afternoon, and is widely respected in the state.

Terre-Haute, Indiana’s Tribune Star reports:

The Downs Center commissioned a statewide poll to target likely voters in the Democratic and Republican primary elections on May 3. “The polling uses head-to-head race results as well as the strength of support and characteristics of candidates’ supporters,” the release stated. “It is important to note that the results reflect a snapshot in time of Hoosier attitudes in a period with very fluid campaign events. The poll’s margin of error is 4.9 percent.”

The result, of course, is well outside the margin of error of 4.9% and has a 95% level of confidence. Basically even if it were off by 4.9%, it would STILL be a double-digit lead for Cruz. It differs from the polls conducted by national outfits, both in result and intent. From the pollster’s release:

The Mike Downs Center for Indiana Politics is a non-partisan organization that helps the people of Indiana understand the role of politics and government in their daily lives. By doing this, The Mike Downs Center hopes to encourage participation in political and public processes the same way its namesake, Professor Michael C. Downs, did for more than 34 years. The Mike Downs Center is located on the campus of Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW).

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/04/29/breaking-new-game-changing-poll-shows-ted-cruz-clobbering-trump-indiana/?utm_content=buffer32f34&fb_action_ids=10154244232238969&fb_action_types=og.shares
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
For those of you who put any stock in such things.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline oldmomster

That's AWESOME   :patriot:

Offline Frank Cannon

I would laugh my ass off if that came to be the results.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

You and me both!   :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

I do when they favor the candidate I support.  :amen:

Pence endorsing Cruz helps. It would be great if Cruz wins Ind. by 3-5%. He needs something to take the wind out of Trump's sails after Trump won the 5 Rat states.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I like what I see in this poll. Hopefully it is not an outlier.

All I can tell you is that the firm that did this has a very good reputation!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Hopefully, Ted can do massive media buys featuring both Mike Tyson and John Boehner. Two pretty nice gifts that fell in his lap the past 24 hours.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Hopefully, Ted can do massive media buys featuring both Mike Tyson and John Boehner. Two pretty nice gifts that fell in his lap the past 24 hours.

Yeah! That would be lovely for sure!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

I wonder if this fact is lost on the our Low Spark of "A" high heeled boy currently on a time out?

Offline NavyCanDo

Something tells me the John Boehner endorsement was not a good thing for the Trump campaign.  He may as well have gotten Jeb Bush's endorsement.     Then on top of that the whole Lucifer thing - just when Trump handlers were trying project a presidential image.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

geronl

Never heard of the Mike Downs Center. Definitely an outlier poll that, if legit, pulls up the averages into Ted's favor.

But...

I have decided not to get my hopes up

Offline sinkspur

Jonathan Martin ‏@jmartNYT  36m36 minutes ago

The likely GOP nominee just now: "Folks, I'm a conservative but at this point who cares, we got out to straighten out the country"
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Never heard of the Mike Downs Center. Definitely an outlier poll that, if legit, pulls up the averages into Ted's favor.

But...

I have decided not to get my hopes up

http://www.mikedownscenter.org/

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LonestarDream

You buried the lead.  Suggest:

Cruz up 16 among likely voters by the respected Mike Downs Center

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:07:40 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You buried the lead.  Suggest:

Cruz up 16 among likely voters by the respected Mike Downs Center

I posted it as I found it! It tells the story well enough IMHO.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mirraflake

I wonder if this fact is lost on the our Low Spark of "A" high heeled boy currently on a time out?

One of the best songs ever heard at 1:30 am on a 8-track in my friends  340 Duster after we both got  lucky with 2 older gals  one  carefree  Summer evening right out of HS in 1979.   
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:23:59 pm by mirraflake »

Offline LonestarDream

I posted it as I found it! It tells the story well enough IMHO.

Just a suggest for the name of the thread .

Great news!

Offline OldSaltUSN

Well, maybe, maybe not.  Time will tell.

However, it is my clarion call to run over and lurk at FR to watch Trumpkin heads explode!!  Be right back ....

Yes, sometimes, I am "that bad"; cheering good over evil gets into your blood, at times.

geronl

Jonathan Martin ‏@jmartNYT  36m36 minutes ago

The likely GOP nominee just now: "Folks, I'm a conservative but at this point who cares, we got out to straighten out the country"

If you don't care, you are not conservative. The chance to straighten out the country doesn't exist with Trump.

Offline LonestarDream

Would be surprised if they even allowed this to be posted.

They prefer the narrative that has Trump is up 5 - 9 points.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:33:55 pm by LonestarDream »

Offline LadyLiberty

One can hope.  Tuesday could be a very interesting day!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Just a suggest for the name of the thread .

Great news!

One of the rules around here is that we don't change headlines!

But I do appreciate the suggestion!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LonestarDream

Pretty much as I expected over there.  They are going to stick to RCP:

Real Clear Politics: Indiana Rep Primary Polling (Trump 39.2; Cruz 33.2; Kasich 19.0; Trump +6)
4/29/2016, 3:22:09 PM · by xzins · 10 replies
RCP ^ | 29 Apr 16 | RCP
Poll Date Sample MoE Trump Cruz Kasich Spread RCP Average 4/18 - 4/28 -- -- 39.2 33.2 19.0 Trump +6.0 ARG* 4/27 - 4/28 400 LV 5.0 41 32 21 Trump +9 Clout Research (R) 4/27 - 4/27 423 LV 4.8 37 35 16 Trump +2 CBS News/YouGov 4/20 - 4/22 548 LV 6.6 40 35 20 Trump +5 FOX News 4/18 - 4/21 602 LV 4.0 41 33 16 Trump +8 WTHR/Howey Politics 4/18 - 4/21 507 LV 4.3 37 31 22 Trump +6

Wingnut

One of the best songs ever heard at 1:30 am on a 8-track in my friends  340 Duster after we both got  lucky with 2 older gals  one  carefree  Summer evening right out of HS in 1979.

If this was at a "Skylab Crashes back to Earth" party I think I was there with you...I was the guy in the 79 T/A with my best freinds ex-wife to be. :beer: