Author Topic: BASEBALL 2019---LET'S DO IT!  (Read 16089 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Take it back!
Re: BASEBALL 2019---LET'S DO IT!
« Reply #375 on: August 17, 2019, 03:58:53 AM »
Dang it!
Astros have just dropped there 2nd in a row to the A’s.
5th loss in 6 games.
I should have gone to bed instead of staying up and watching this.
Just ended, after 13 innings.
1:25 am now.
At least the next 2 games start at 3:00 pm central.

@GrouchoTex

Resist discouragement. They have all the components of a championship team. This road trip has been a grueling one. They even look exhausted, but they'll rebound. I'm sure you remember the terrible slump in June. They fought back. They'll do it again.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/hou/seasontype/2/half/1

PLEASE NOTE
***I'M NOT JAZZHEAD***
**I'M NOT JAZZHEAD**
*I'M NOT JAZZHEAD*

Offline catfish1957

• Ultra-Conservative in exile.
« Reply #376 on: August 17, 2019, 08:24:02 AM »
Dang it!
Astros have just dropped there 2nd in a row to the A’s.
5th loss in 6 games.
I should have gone to bed instead of staying up and watching this.
Just ended, after 13 innings.
1:25 am now.
At least the next 2 games start at 3:00 pm central.

Yep, team is starting to get complacent under the glow of  it's own press.  They had a chance to deal a death blow this weekend, instead they are giving the A's hope. 
« Last Edit: Today at 09:12:48 AM by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #377 on: August 17, 2019, 08:28:19 AM »
@GrouchoTex

Resist discouragement. They have all the components of a championship team. This road trip has been a grueling one. They even look exhausted, but they'll rebound. I'm sure you remember the terrible slump in June. They fought back. They'll do it again.

We'll try.  But I still have memories of 1998.  In '98 we secured the help of Randy Johnson (trade deadline) , and he played masterfully.  Many many pundits had us as WS favories going into the post season.  Problem is, you don't play this game on paper, and we ran into a buzz saw named Kevin Brown in the NLDS.  AJ and Luhnow needs to somehow breath some life into what I am thinking is becoming a complacent team. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #378 on: Today at 09:17:43 AM »
We'll try.  But I still have memories of 1998.  In '98 we secured the help of Randy Johnson (trade deadline) , and he played masterfully.  Many many pundits had us as WS favories going into the post season.  Problem is, you don't play this game on paper, and we ran into a buzz saw named Kevin Brown in the NLDS.  AJ and Luhnow needs to somehow breath some life into what I am thinking is becoming a complacent team.

Baseball is such a funny game.  Thanks to Jeff Luhnow a post trade deadline team has been amassed, that might be the best in the past 20 years.   A week or so later, ......  It loses 5 in a row.

The baseball gods hath urinated on us?

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #379 on: Today at 09:24:54 AM »
Baseball is such a funny game.  Thanks to Jeff Luhnow a post trade deadline team has been amassed, that might be the best in the past 20 years.   A week or so later, ......  It loses 5 in a row.

The baseball gods hath urinated on us?

Playing 3 games in less than 24 hours will take the wind out of just about any team.  And Cole missing a turn on the mound didn't help matters much either.  I'm not worried.

Offline EdJames

• Possible TrumpRealist
  • Cat Mod
« Reply #380 on: Today at 09:37:45 AM »
Goshdarnnit!

Those Astros had a simple chore in front of them, sweep 4 games from the damn A's to help out the Rays....

Can't you Texans get anything done??

:tongue2:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf