Author Topic: Black parents tell Dr. Phil they're angry with government for funding illegal migrants as taxpayers  (Read 44 times)

Offline libertybele

Black parents tell Dr. Phil they're angry with government for funding illegal migrants as taxpayers struggle

Two Black parents struggling to make ends meet criticized how the federal government is managing the economy and their tax dollars on a Thursday night episode of Dr. Phil.

Dr. Phil opened the episode by saying America should be a meritocracy "where those who work hard, have talent and add value are rewarded," but that its current state is another story. He then introduced two parents, Jordan and Leticia, who said that despite both of them working multiple jobs to support their family, life under the current government has made the American dream unachievable.

"The American dream is the American nightmare," Jordan said in an introductory segment, juxtaposing how he thought that a college degree would lead to a stable and prosperous life.

"My wife wants to have another baby, but we just can’t afford it," he continued. "Only half my family has health insurance right now. My income is not keeping up with inflation. We’re paying $100 for the same $40 worth of groceries, and the rent went up as well. Gas prices have gone up."

Later in the show, Dr. Phil asked, "How do you feel when you see money being spent by the government on other things? They’re spending money on migrants that are coming in, they’re spending money on foreign causes, they’re spending money on a lot of things, but it keeps costing more and more and more just to live here. All of that is because of the economy and the fact that they’re just, as I said when we started, they’re just printing more money."...............

https://www.foxnews.com/media/black-parents-tell-dr-phil-angry-government-funding-illegal-migrants-taxpayers-struggle
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.