Author Topic: I’ve Been at NPR for 25 Years. Here’s How We Lost America’s Trust.  (Read 3675 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We don't need NPR or PBS. Defund both.

:amen: The sooner the better!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

We don't need NPR or PBS. Defund both.

And if the left believe that both are necessary, let them open up their checkbooks and send a donation
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

Uri Berliner will be out of a job soon.  NPR employees will see to that.

And he can say goodbye to the invites to all those fancy parties where people like him  get together and laugh at middle America and their archaic values
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

I’ve Been at NPR for 25 Years. Here’s How We Lost America’s Trust.

You lost America's trust by lying.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
5-day unpaid vacation...slap on the wrist!  They're afraid to fire him outright now, but when he comes back, they'll just assign him to a broom closet and stick him on the obituary beat.
Yeah, they'll gaslight him.

How did NPR lose trust?

In a nutshell, they lied.

Repeatedly.

Not a basis for trust.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Current CEO of NPR Katherine Maher in 2021, back when she worked for Wikipedia, literally talking about rewriting history because it currently favors white people.

https://twitter.com/mazemoore/status/1780699111693672598
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Current CEO of NPR Katherine Maher in 2021, back when she worked for Wikipedia, literally talking about rewriting history because it currently favors white people.

https://twitter.com/mazemoore/status/1780699111693672598
It starts with removing the statues and teaching history in schools.  Then they will rewrite the history as Maher wishes.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It starts with removing the statues and teaching history in schools.  Then they will rewrite the history as Maher wishes.

@Wingnut

They may have something right in saying that Caucasian seniors are potential domestic terrorists...because I'm certainly getting fed up with all this bullsh*t.   happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I can't think of a time NPR wasn't a liberal hellhole of commie groupthink.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@Wingnut

They may have something right in saying that Caucasian seniors are potential domestic terrorists...because I'm certainly getting fed up with all this bullsh*t.   happy77
Shush... We don't want them to get on to us!!!!!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

New NPR CEO Gave Ted Talk Asserting "Truth" Is A "Distraction"
Tyler Durden's Photo
BY TYLER DURDEN
WEDNESDAY, APR 17, 2024 - 02:00 PM
Authored by Paul Joseph Watson via Modernity.news,

New NPR CEO Katherine Maher gave a Ted Talk during which she asserted that “truth” is a “distraction” which is “getting in the way of getting things done.”

Calls are growing for NPR to have its government funding withdrawn after a series of tweets by Maher were uncovered in which she supported far-left causes, including endorsing racial reparations and making claims that the planet is “burning.”

But the content of the Ted Talk she gave is raising even more eyebrows.

Maher ludicrously suggested during the speech that far-left Wikipedia had a model “which actually works really well” in determining “what the truth really is.”

Acknowledging that Wikipedia writers are “not focused on the truth, they’re focused on something else, which is the best of what we can know right now,” Maher suggested the “truth” was not a priority.
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/new-npr-ceo-gave-ted-talk-asserting-truth-distraction
« Last Edit: Today at 04:56:27 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online LMAO

I tell you, Winston, that reality is not external. Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else. Not in the individual mind, which can make mistakes, and in any case soon perishes: only in the mind of the Party, which is collective and immortal. Whatever the Party holds to be the truth, is truth. It is impossible to see reality except by looking through the eyes of the Party.

Barry Goldwater

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The accompanying picture makes her look a bit like Chelsea Handler which gives her 2 7/8 strikes already. 9999what
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2

Topics merged