Author Topic: Trump Has Already Written Off Conservatives  (Read 3498 times)

A-Lert

Re: Trump Has Already Written Off Conservatives
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2016, 03:40:34 am »
What is unexpected about this? 

Donald Trump is very popular in states no Republican has any chance to win come November.

He schlonged his opposition.  Indiana is next. Looking good for Trump already. (Before Cruz's rings and Bobby Knights endorsement)

Are you certain to support that person, or do you think you may change your mind and support someone else? [If don’t know: re-read question and probe for answer] 18-21 Apr 16

Certain May change (Don’t know) GOP primary voters

68%      25      7

Trump supporters 81%    17        2

Cruz supporters   70%      29        1

Kasich supporters  59%     38         2

A-Lert

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2016, 03:48:24 am »
I like "blatherskite".

Sink has the second best vocabulary for scoundrels I've read - behind only Emmett Tyrrell from old American Spectator days.

I might be wrong, but back in the way past when some of the same Trumpkin suspects were gathering pitchforks at ToS for the 2000 Pat Buchanan stalking horse ruse against W.  Sink labeled them "unappeasables".   Perfect.

It suits to a "T":   They are not appeased by any candidate or Party or political movement or anything that requires even a modicum of compromise, co-ordination or community.    It's all anger.  All the time.

You can't make them happy.  Don't even try.   They define themselves politically by what they are against.   It's never about what they are for.

The "unappeasables" are the Cruzaders. Most Trump supporters will vote for the nominee, while the sore loser, crybaby Cruzaders stomp their little feet and clench their little fists and say they'll vote Hillary, write in or stay home. Modicum of compromise? It's Cruzader anger all the time. Make fun of Trumps looks, insult his supporters, post false allegations. How pathetic and immature.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2016, 10:54:36 am »
Maybe Trump will choose Jebby for VP.  :silly:
Now THAT would be hilarious.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2016, 10:59:49 am »
The "unappeasables" are the Cruzaders. Most Trump supporters will vote for the nominee, while the sore loser, crybaby Cruzaders stomp their little feet and clench their little fists and say they'll vote Hillary, write in or stay home. Modicum of compromise? It's Cruzader anger all the time. Make fun of Trumps looks, insult his supporters, post false allegations. How pathetic and immature.
That should say something about how totally toxic Donald Trump is.

Keep in mind: if this came to a contested convention, and a compromise candidate (say, for example, Paul LePage, a Trump supporter who actually has a record making reforms in a blue state) were chosen—we'd most likely support him or her in a heartbeat.

Yet when your candidate is so bad that so many respected voices on the right see him as comparable to Hillary Clinton in his incompetence, that should be a "yuge" warning.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2016, 11:15:00 am »
Sink, thanks for admitted your real goal:  a Hillary presidency.

I've new respect for you and your new found candor.   :beer:

It's not a goal, it's a price we're willing to pay to defeat a greater danger.

Personally,  I've made clear my antipathy to Clinton by supporting the one candidate the polls say - consistently - can defeat her.  You, on the other hand, support the guy that ALL the polls say will lose in a landslide - and then turn your snarky anger at those of us who realize the futility of your little obsession, AND its inevitable consequences - a Clinton Presidency and a Democrat Congress.   

Is that what YOU want?   That's certainly what you're going to get if your hero gets the nomination.   What is the logic of your obsession if your goal is to defeat Clinton?   How dare you impugn Sink's motives, when you're the one who - by your actions - is working for the clampdown?
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline jackpinesavage

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2016, 11:27:17 am »
Nah... it's just conservatives who've written off the Republican candidate who won every county in five states yesterday.

But y'all are geniuses--- so carry on.
Sure, trump does great in states that vote for democrats in National elections. Do you realize that Trump got FEWER votes in his home state of New York than Cruz got in Wisconsin?

A-Lert

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2016, 06:01:58 pm »
That should say something about how totally toxic Donald Trump is.

No, it says how immature and butthurt the anti-Trumps are.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2016, 06:34:45 pm »
Exactly.  Not since Ronald Reagan and his Reagan democrats. Now they're Trump democrats.   888blackhat

I do think Trump has to be realistic.  He's constantly hawking the polls favorable to him against other primary candidates.  Don't think he's mentioned that the RCP average of Trump v Sanders gives Bernie a 15+ point advantage and seems to be widening.   He's better off running against Clinton who only as an 8.5 point advantage over Trump.  I just haven't seen those Trump (Reagan) Democrats show up in the surveys except for the primaries.  If I were a Democrat, given Trump's negatives and his polling versus Hillary or Sanders, I'd be wanting him to get the nomination too.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2016, 06:45:35 pm »
You're not going to get very far with that line of argument. Nobody cared then, nobody cares now about Bill's affairs. If Trump tries to trot out those old nags, voters are going to wonder "Bill  hit on THAT?"

As usual, you miss the point.  It's not about Bill's sexual assaults, it's about Hillary claiming to be a champion for woman when it's a fact she tried to destroy and discredit Bill's victims.

I like how the "conservatives" here don't seem to care about any of this.  All that matters to them is hating Trump and Trump supporters, country be damned. 
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

A-Lert

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2016, 07:07:18 pm »
As usual, you miss the point.  It's not about Bill's sexual assaults, it's about Hillary claiming to be a champion for woman when it's a fact she tried to destroy and discredit Bill's victims.

I like how the "conservatives" here don't seem to care about any of this.  All that matters to them is hating Trump and Trump supporters, country be damned.

When so called Republicans say a Republican candidate is as bad as Hillary or worse, they are either phonies or kooks.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2016, 07:10:07 pm »
When so called Republicans say a Republican candidate is as bad as Hillary or worse, they are either phonies or kooks.

Trump is neither Republican nor conservative! Never has been and never will be!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

A-Lert

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2016, 07:28:10 pm »

Your opinion is just that. Evidence doesn't support it.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2016, 07:36:24 pm »

Wow - over 3,200 posts since March 3.  Does someone pay you to do this?   I sure hope not - they're not getting their money's worth.   
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:37:46 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2016, 08:19:07 pm »

Except for all the evidence that does you would be right.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2016, 08:34:05 pm »
Trump Has Already Written Off Conservatives

Only the 'Jihadists' among us.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2016, 08:36:31 pm »
OK, so you're one of those people who assume that a candidate is good or bad solely by the letter after his name.

Anyone can call themselves a Republican.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2016, 09:15:06 pm »
I like "blatherskite".

Sink has the second best vocabulary for scoundrels I've read - behind only Emmett Tyrrell from old American Spectator days.

I might be wrong, but back in the way past when some of the same Trumpkin suspects were gathering pitchforks at ToS for the 2000 Pat Buchanan stalking horse ruse against W.  Sink labeled them "unappeasables".   Perfect.

It suits to a "T":   They are not appeased by any candidate or Party or political movement or anything that requires even a modicum of compromise, co-ordination or community.    It's all anger.  All the time.

You can't make them happy.  Don't even try.   They define themselves politically by what they are against.   It's never about what they are for.

Blatherskite is a beautiful word!  (And SO apropos!)

One thing I've noticed about this particular brand of "unappeasables" is that even when they're getting their way, and Trump is ahead or winning, they are deeply angry and spiteful.  It's not a sign of normal human behavior, IMO.  There's something wrong there.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

geronl

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2016, 09:19:10 pm »
Exactly.  Not since Ronald Reagan and his Reagan democrats. Now they're Trump democrats.   888blackhat

but Trump is a leftist, unlike Reagan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2016, 09:24:47 pm »
but Trump is a leftist, unlike Reagan

Edward Rollins, who managed Reagan's reelection campaign (the one where he won 49 states) spoke at a dinner around here, and talked about how good and kind and loving Ronald Reagan was; what a great conservative thinker he was (long before he was President), how honest he was....

Donald Trump is the ANTI-Reagan.  Any comparison between the two is simply preposterous.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

HonestJohn

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2016, 09:26:37 pm »

He's what Democrats think is the essence of conservatism...

... and 35-40% of GOP primary voters think that he *IS* the essence of conservatism.

The GOP tribal voter, who only votes GOP because it's his/her team... is, in my opinion, his support.  That's going to cement the Democrat image of the GOP in the minds of the independent voter, courtesy of our own 'confirming' it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:27:42 pm by HonestJohn »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2016, 09:29:59 pm »

... and 35-40% of GOP primary voters think that he *IS* the essence of conservatism.

The GOP tribal voter, who only votes GOP because it's his/her team... is, in my opinion, his support.  That's going to cement the Democrat image of the GOP in the minds of the independent voter, courtesy of our own 'confirming' it.

That is a VERY astute observation.  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2016, 09:30:20 pm »

I'm convinced that part of his effort to destroy conservatism was his saying and being all the ugly things that the left lies about to convince others that we're monsters.

Unfortunately, his success has proven that there are far too many among us who actually are the ugly things the left says about us.

It's a sad day for us.............