Author Topic: Trump's Speech on Foreign Policy  (Read 6750 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Trump's Speech on Foreign Policy
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2016, 05:53:17 pm »
They begged not to have their names mentioned
I watched as much as I could stand. "Believe me." He is only candidate that can fix foreign policy- how, by reading words written by others?  I noted that he spoke in full English sentences and used words he has never before uttered. Who knows what this chameleon believes. His delivery was boring- just as he promised. He came off as forced and stilted but I am sure the minions will praise him to the skies.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2016, 05:54:32 pm »
Why?

Because I couldn't watch the speech and would like to read it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2016, 05:56:11 pm »
NONE of you have offered a criticism of the substance of Trump's policy direction.  And spare me your adolescent "because there wasn't any".

Why not tell us what you object to in Trump's foreign policy direction - - - you know specifically.  Let's talk about that instead of commenting on tweets from people who are probably sitting next to you in your basement.

So, come on, Cruzoids, dazzle your audience----tell us your vision for America's geopolitical position.

You seem to be keenly dialed into his foreign policy prescriptions.

Give us an overview.   I'll wait with rapt anticipation.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 05:57:17 pm »
You seem to be keenly dialed into his foreign policy prescriptions.

Give us an overview.   I'll wait with rapt anticipation.

NO.  I want to know what YOUR vision is.  I want YOU to step up to the plate and take a swing.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2016, 05:57:55 pm »
Notice Trumped stopped, waited for applause, and one or two people applauded and then he moved on to the next empty statement.  His speech was poor. He delivered it poorly, without emphasis, without conviction.  He sounded ill prepared.  I think even Trump is now realizing he's in over his head.  We are a country in dire need of a strong constitutional conservative.  We don't need a business Tycoon looking to see how he can cash in on this deal.
Trump looked very uncomfortable. He has trouble when he can't call names and insult people. He was certainly not himself but I don't like "boring" Trump any better than rude and crude incoherent Trump

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 05:59:11 pm »
Upon which substantive policy issue, do you disagree?

Can you opine on positions, of Clinton, Trump and Cruz?

Denial is not a river in Egypt.

https://ballotpedia.org/Ted_Cruz_presidential_campaign,_2016/Foreign_affairs

Pretty straight forward for Senator Cruz.

Has Orange Julius been informed about the "Nuclear Triad" concept yet?

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2016, 06:00:07 pm »
Because I couldn't watch the speech and would like to read it.

http://rsbn.tv/watch-live-donald-trump-speaks-on-foreign-policy-at-the-mayflower-hotel-dc/

You can watch or just listen to the complete replay at the link above.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2016, 06:00:17 pm »
Ann Coulter ‏@AnnCoulter  46m46 minutes ago
GREATEST FOREIGN POLICY SPEECH SINCE WASHINGTON'S FAREWELL ADDRESS.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2016, 06:01:34 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2016, 06:03:08 pm »
https://ballotpedia.org/Ted_Cruz_presidential_campaign,_2016/Foreign_affairs

Pretty straight forward for Senator Cruz.

I didn't ask for a link to Teddy.  I want YOUR words, YOUR opinion, YOUR gut-feelings on our place and role on the world stage.  This is how you can convince me you are right.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2016, 06:06:44 pm »
NO.  I want to know what YOUR vision is.  I want YOU to step up to the plate and take a swing.

He's a merchantilist and an isolationist, two straight-outa-the-thirties stances that are going to cost American workers their jobs, and American soldiers their lives.   Last time we tried that stuff we ended up in a depression followed by a world war.    And, to boot,  Trump has the temperament of a mobster with a short fuse and anger management issues.

In short, the man is dangerous.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:07:48 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2016, 06:08:19 pm »
NONE of you has offered a criticism of the substance of Trump's policy direction.  And spare me your adolescent "because there wasn't any".

Why not tell us what you object to in Trump's foreign policy direction - - - you know specifically.  Let's talk about that instead of commenting on tweets from people who are probably sitting next to you in your basement.

So, come on, Cruzoids, dazzle your audience----tell us your vision for America's geopolitical position.

What is Trumps foreign policy direction?  He's made a lot of bold statements which did more to piss off other countries then set a policy.   He has said America First, but then so has every other politician in the history of this country to include Obama.

Lets look to his statements to see what it would be.  On North Korea "Trump was asked how he would respond to North Korea's nuclear threat. "I would get China to make that guy disappear in one form or another very quickly," Trump said. "

Is that before or after he pisses China off with tariffs?

He wants other countries to pay for our military bases.  I'm sure the Russians or China would be happy to take over the bases.  How's that gonna work out for us?

I could go on, but its all the same.  Trump is big on tough talk but small on details on working with others.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2016, 06:09:16 pm »
From Jonah Goldberg: 

It was full of platitudes and generalizations. He gave no clear idea about how he would do much of what he claims he would do, other than walking away from the table rather than sign bad deals (no one’s ever thought of that before!). He needs to work a lot harder on reading from a TelePrompTer. He’s, dare I say it, fairly low-energy at it. He’s also clearly uncomfortable giving serious speeches with whole sentences put together to form whole paragraphs. He pretty obviously didn’t enjoy receiving only a smattering of applause, compared to the adulation he normally enjoys. Indeed, politically, the only problem for him today is that I’m sure many of his biggest fans were bored.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/434662

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2016, 06:09:50 pm »
Trump looked very uncomfortable. He has trouble when he can't call names and insult people. He was certainly not himself but I don't like "boring" Trump any better than rude and crude incoherent Trump

Another newbie set to elevate the debate.  How are we so, so blessed?

Online libertybele

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2016, 06:11:03 pm »

It's not a matter of boring ... boring I can deal with.  It was the fact that he was not believable.  One thing that stood out ... he stated that there were too many destructive weapons out there.  Sorry, but I see that as a huge red flag. Destructive weapons can be too many handguns, to too many assault rifles, to too many nuclear weapons. 

The reason he was not believable is because he is absolutely clueless on issues ... he felt that since he had business dealings with other countries that he was ready to be Commander In Chief.  He's nowhere even close.  We are a country, not a business deal.

Hillary has been in politics most of her life; she served as first lady for two terms, she then moved on to the Senate and then she was re-elected, she ran for president and the served as Secretary of State.  Regardless of how corrupt she is; she has spent her life in politics, she knows the issues. She's knowledgeable about foreign affairs. Trump doesn't have a clue and his speech indicated as much.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2016, 06:14:37 pm »

I'm not running to be the leader of the "Free World".   The vulgar, lifelong liberal Democrat YOU support is.

Here is Ted Cruz' foreign policy platform:   https://ballotpedia.org/Ted_Cruz_presidential_campaign,_2016/Foreign_affairs  https://www.tedcruz.org/issues/defend-our-nation/   https://www.tedcruz.org/issues/secure-the-border/

To what do you object in this set of policy prescriptions?

WARNING:  This will require contemplative, critical thinking on your part.  I am not hopeful.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2016, 06:15:18 pm »
It's not a matter of boring ... boring I can deal with.  It was the fact that he was not believable.  One thing that stood out ... he stated that there were too many destructive weapons out there. Sorry, but I see that as a huge red flag. Destructive weapons can be too many handguns, to too many assault rifles, to too many nuclear weapons. 

The reason he was not believable is because he is absolutely clueless on issues ... he felt that since he had business dealings with other countries that he was ready to be Commander In Chief.  He's nowhere even close.  We are a country, not a business deal.

Hillary has been in politics most of her life; she served as first lady for two terms, she then moved on to the Senate and then she was re-elected, she ran for president and the served as Secretary of State.  Regardless of how corrupt she is; she has spent her life in politics, she knows the issues. She's knowledgeable about foreign affairs. Trump doesn't have a clue and his speech indicated as much.

Yes, and he wants South Korea and Japan to get even MORE of those destructive weapons.

Trump read the speech.  He has no idea what he read and could not respond to questions on any of it.  As Lindsey Graham said, no wonder none of his third-tier advisors will ever put their names to it.

Did none of those brilliant people around Trump not realize that "America First" was a movement that appeased the Nazis?

Offline austingirl

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2016, 06:16:15 pm »
Another newbie set to elevate the debate.  How are we so, so blessed?
Another Trump supporter using snark. How are we so very, very unlucky? LOL! #boringTrump.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2016, 06:21:44 pm »
He's a merchantilist and an isolationist, two straight-outa-the-thirties stances that are going to cost American workers their jobs, and American soldiers their lives.   Last time we tried that stuff we ended up in a depression followed by a world war.    And, to boot,  Trump has the temperament of a mobster with a short fuse and anger management issues.

In short, the man is dangerous.

I would like to point out something we tried isolationism in the 1920's and the 1930's and guess what it failed big time.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online libertybele

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2016, 06:22:15 pm »
Another Trump supporter using snark. How are we so very, very unlucky? LOL! #boringTrump.

By the way Austingirl ... welcome to the Briefing Room.

#Never Trump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2016, 06:23:19 pm »
I'm not running to be the leader of the "Free World".   

But you still need to educate yourself.  Your recent comments strongly suggest you're a LIV---as are most "nevertrump" cult members.  The more I read from your cult membership, the more relieved I am you'll not be voting in November.  This will give engaged, patriotic Americans a chance to have their say without your marbles cluttering the floor.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2016, 06:24:07 pm »
It's not a matter of boring ... boring I can deal with.  It was the fact that he was not believable.  One thing that stood out ... he stated that there were too many destructive weapons out there.  Sorry, but I see that as a huge red flag. Destructive weapons can be too many handguns, to too many assault rifles, to too many nuclear weapons. 

If there is a debate between Hillary and Donald, Hillary is going to wipe his butt.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2016, 06:25:08 pm »
But you still need to educate yourself.  Your recent comments strongly suggest you're a LIV---as are most "nevertrump" cult members.  The more I read from your cult membership, the more relieved I am you'll not be voting in November.  This will give engaged, patriotic Americans a chance to have their say without your marbles cluttering the floor.

Thank you for posting trite nonsense and affirming every stereotype I have of Trump supporters.   

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2016, 06:25:32 pm »

Me? Use snark?  Wow.  You understood my sarcasm.

Good for you!   :shrug:

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2016, 06:26:31 pm »
Thank you for posting trite nonsense and affirming every stereotype I have of Trump supporters.

And thank you for exposing the true nature of the Cruzoids.    ^-^