Author Topic: Cruz, Kasich coordinate in new anti-Trump effort  (Read 7368 times)

Offline Mesaclone

Re: Cruz, Kasich coordinate in new anti-Trump effort
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2016, 04:56:29 am »
Holy gonna backfire big time!

People HATE this kind of political manipulation...Cruz has already been hurt by the delegate stealing affair, add in these shenanigans and it looks like the man has no principles whatsoever. Make a deal with the devil, and guess where you end up? Answer: Not in the White House.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

A-Lert

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2016, 05:00:14 am »

People HATE this kind of political manipulation...Cruz has already been hurt by the delegate stealing affair, add in these shenanigans and it looks like the man has no principles whatsoever. Make a deal with the devil, and guess where you end up? Answer: Not in the White House.

DESPERATION/COMPROMISE......to hell with "conservative principles".

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 05:03:27 am »

It's called strategy, something the Trump campaign tends to lack. If he had it he wouldn't be in this situation.

And there's no stealing of delegates. Trump will get the delegates he's owed on the first ballot. After that, no one is obligated to vote for him.

So if he wants to win, he'd better get his 1,237.
The Republic is lost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2016, 05:04:16 am »
DESPERATION/COMPROMISE......to hell with "conservative principles".

Well it's good to know  you're holding Cruz to a much higher standard than you're holding Trump.
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2016, 05:07:17 am »
Well it's good to know  you're holding Cruz to a much higher standard than you're holding Trump.

No, that was you anti-Trumps holding up Cruz as the "principled conservative". The hypocrisy is too funny.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2016, 05:16:07 am »
No, that was you anti-Trumps holding up Cruz as the "principled conservative". The hypocrisy is too funny.

Which implies you don't hold Trump to any standard at all.
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2016, 05:19:19 am »

Only in your wild imagination. Admit it, Cruz isn't all that principled. He's a hypocrite and will do whatever is necessary to win. Principles be damned.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2016, 05:30:01 am »
Only in your wild imagination. Admit it, Cruz isn't all that principled. He's a hypocrite and will do whatever is necessary to win. Principles be damned.

Only in your wild imagination.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2016, 05:39:26 am »
Only in your wild imagination.

I find it amusing that the Trump supporters are forced to slam Cruz a lying Leftist to defend their loser even though Ted has a 97% ACU rating. Guess that's what you get when Drumpf continually comes down on both sides of an issue and has absolutly no record of even mildly supporting the Constitution or any right leaning issue.

A-Lert

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2016, 05:46:14 am »
Cruz a lying Leftist

Who has referred to Cruz that way on this forum?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2016, 05:49:46 am »
I find it amusing that the Trump supporters are forced to slam Cruz a lying Leftist to defend their loser even though Ted has a 97% ACU rating. Guess that's what you get when Drumpf continually comes down on both sides of an issue and has absolutly no record of even mildly supporting the Constitution or any right leaning issue.

It's pretty much what you got to do to survive the cognitive dissonance. Just wait for Cruz to make even the tiniest perceived faux pas, real or fake, and scream SEE HE'S NOT A CONSERVATIVE, HE'S NOT A CONSERVATIVE!

They have to do this to project and equivocate, because they must pull him down to Trump's level so they look equal.

Which BTW is a classic leftist tactic.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2016, 06:16:03 am »

Who has referred to Cruz that way on this forum?

Admit it, Cruz isn't all that principled. He's a hypocrite and will do whatever is necessary to win. Principles be damned.- A-Hert

A-Lert

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2016, 06:58:14 am »
Admit it, Cruz isn't all that principled. He's a hypocrite and will do whatever is necessary to win. Principles be damned.- A-Hert

Not the same as a lying Leftist, is it, Frank? If Trump had hooked up with Kasich the anti-Trumps would be apoplectic.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2016, 11:03:11 am »

Cruz is now putting his entire political career at risk.  He keeps this up and he won't keep his Senate seat.

Offline Hank Rearden

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2016, 11:31:25 am »
Cruz is now putting his entire political career at risk.  He keeps this up and he won't keep his Senate seat.

Cruz would have to come out of the closet as a transgendered atheist before he'd lose re-election in Texas.
"The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans." - Gen. Robert E. Lee

Online mountaineer

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2016, 11:39:48 am »
I have doubts
Hey, Politico wouldn't do or say anything - untruthful or otherwise - to hurt Cruz, would it?  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2016, 01:10:48 pm »

The only principle I give a damn about at this point is whatever works to defeat Trumpism.   That's the nation's clear and present danger.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2016, 01:20:21 pm »

60% of the party is "rigging" it to stop 37% of the party from using delegate math from driving it off a cliff.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2016, 01:28:13 pm »
I won't vote for a Cruz Kasich ticket and I know way to many who won't they won't win they will go down in defeat and they deserve it. They are both patsies for the establishment and I want nothing to do with them and I have company. They are no different than Hiliary and just as crooked.

Can you even define "the establishment"?

Is it anyone who has ever been successful in the profession of politics?

Offline Leto

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2016, 01:40:17 pm »
Kasich the liberal and Cruz hooking up. Pathetic. What about those "conservative principles"?

When dealing with an authoritian liberal like Trump you do what you have to do tactically to stop him.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline Leto

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2016, 01:42:01 pm »

Cruz has certainly hurt by the smears/lies put out by Trump and his media allies.

The MSM is desperate for Trump who they will destroy in a general election.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Wingnut

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2016, 01:43:06 pm »
As long as it's not Kasich/Cruz.....I don't think I can live with that......

What she said.

Wingnut

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2016, 01:45:35 pm »
Cruz would have to come out of the closet as a transgendered atheist before he'd lose re-election in Texas.

Reminds of abortion Barbies successful campaing for Gov.  "Vote for Nipples not Cripples"

Online libertybele

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2016, 02:01:02 pm »
I think we're drawing way too many conclusions.  Cruz and Kasich may have made an agreement to help each other in select states at the moment. and I see their main objective is keeping Trump from the 1237.  Nothing more than that.  I don't see Kasich agreeing to VP slot.  Cruz and Kasich are at different ends of the conservative spectrum.  I don't beleive that a Cruz/Kasich ticket has formed and I don't see that Cruz has selected Kasich ... he's merely the other candidate left that can help stop Trump.  He won't drop out, so this is Cruz's other option right now.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2016, 02:07:37 pm »
Very true. **nononono*
Principles matter. Words matter.