Author Topic: Target boycotted over bathroom policy  (Read 3868 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Target boycotted over bathroom policy
« on: April 24, 2016, 02:24:16 am »
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/national/target-boycotted-over-bathroom-policy/nq96Q/

Thousands of people are pledging to boycott Target after the company said its customers should use whatever restroom or fitting room matches their gender identity.

Target's statements came not long after North Carolina passed its controversial "bathroom" law.

Now the American Family Association has released a petition calling for people to boycott Target. The group's statement reads: "Target's policy is exactly how sexual predators get access to their victims. ... Clearly, Target's dangerous new policy poses a danger to wives and daughters."

The group proposed Target should provide a separate "unisex" facility. More than 189,000 people had pledged their support as of Friday afternoon.

On Tuesday, Target released a statement saying, "We stand for equality and equity, and strive to make our guests and team members feel accepted, respected and welcomed in our stores and workplaces every day."

Target's statement has proved polarizing online with many commenters showing support and others condemning the discount retailer's decision.
The Republic is lost.

geronl

Re: Target boycotted over bathroom policy
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 02:29:12 am »
"Mommy, I made a new friend in the bathroom. His name is Donald."

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 10:33:41 am »

Transgender Restrooms and Fitting Rooms? 162,000 Sign 'Boycott Target Pledge' in 1 Day

(CNSNews.com) – A pro-family group has launched a boycott [1] of Target after the retail store made it clear on Tuesday that its bathrooms and changing facilities can be used by anyone according to their gender identity.

The American Family Association said that more than 162,000 citizens signed its #BoycottTarget pledge within 24 hours.

“Corporate America must stop bullying people who disagree with the radical left agenda to remake society into their progressive image,” AFA President Tim Wildmon said in a statement. “#BoycottTarget has resonated with Americans.

In a statement [2] on its website, Target said Tuesday that transgender individuals are welcome to use any bathroom that fits the gender they identify with.

“We believe that everyone—every team member, every guest, and every community—deserves to be protected from discrimination, and treated equally. Consistent with this belief, Target supports the federal Equality Act [3], which provides protections to LGBT individuals, and opposes action that enables discrimination,” the retail chain said.

“In our stores, we demonstrate our commitment to an inclusive experience in many ways. Most relevant for the conversations currently underway, we welcome transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity,” it said.

Target’s announcement was in reaction to the North Carolina bathroom law [4], H.B. 2, which states that public bathrooms and changing facilities are to be used according to the biological sex of the individual.

As a result, Target said it decided to reiterate to its “team members where Target stands and how our beliefs are brought to life in how we serve our guests.”

“Target’s harmful policy poses a danger to women and children. Predators and voyeurs would take advantage of the policy to prey on those who are vulnerable. It’s clear now that many customers agree. Target shoppers are leaving their allegiance to the store behind—and by the thousands every hour. No store can withstand that sort of loss,” Wildmon said.

Wildmon said his group does not believe that transgender individuals are a danger to the public at large, but objects to the policy on the basis that sexual predators can use it as “a possible gateway.”

“We want to make it very clear that AFA does not believe the transgender community poses this danger to the wider public,” Wildmon said. “Rather, this misguided and reckless policy provides a possible gateway for predators who are out there.”

“Inclusivity is a core belief at Target. It’s something we celebrate. We stand for equality and equity, and strive to make our guests and team members feel accepted, respected and welcomed in our stores and workplaces every day,” Target said in a statement on its website.

This is not the first time the retail giant has taken a liberal stance on LGBT issues.

In 2014, it signed [5] an amicus brief in support of gay marriage when the matter was pending before the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals. In 2015, it signed [3] on in support of the Equality Act, which “would amend the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to include sexual orientation and gender identity, ban discrimination in areas including employment, housing, access to credit, public education and accommodations.”

On Aug. 7, 2015, it announced [6] that it was removing “gender-based signage” in certain sections of its stores.

“Historically, guests have told us that sometimes—for example, when shopping for someone they don’t know well—signs that sort by brand, age or gender help them get ideas and find things faster. But we know that shopping preferences and needs change and, as guests have pointed out, in some departments like Toys, Home or Entertainment, suggesting products by gender is unnecessary,” it said on its website.

“Right now, our teams are working across the store to identify areas where we can phase out gender-based signage to help strike a better balance. For example, in the kids’ Bedding area, signs will no longer feature suggestions for boys or girls, just kids. In the Toys aisles, we’ll also remove reference to gender, including the use of pink, blue, yellow or green paper on the back walls of our shelves,” it added.

Wildmon said Target should find a “unisex compromise” to its current policy of allowing people to use bathrooms and changing facilities according to gender identity.

“A boycott, and customers leaving the store in droves, will cost even more,” Wildmon said. “If Target is truly committed to a solid policy that’s good for business—for everyone—and if they’re truly committed to the transgender community, the company will spend the money for a unisex compromise. Anything else smacks of an agenda-driven publicity stunt that stands in complete disregard for people who reject the policy.”
Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-hunter/pro-family-group-calls-target-boycott-allowing-bathroom-changing-room

Offline WAC

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 04:46:26 pm »

Target’s policy enables men to have access to the women’s restroom 'even if they don’t dress like a woman at all.'............
 This, of course, means regular pervy dudes have full access to the restroom your daughter or wife is using and can pretty much do as they please.....

Men walking into the women’s restroom are not to be questioned by Target employees because doing so could be “harmful” to their mental well being.

Dozens of cases of 'Peeping Toms arrested at Target stores across the country' for taking pictures and/or videos of women and children in various states of undress in Target’s fitting rooms and bathrooms. Here are some examples:

March 2014 – Rhode Island: Police find more [Target] “upskirting” videos from Rhode Island man

September 2014 – Ohio: Cleves man charged with peeping at boy in Western Hills Target bathroom [repeat offender]

November 2014 – South Carolina: Anderson PD: ‘Peeping Tom’ took pics of people in Target bathroom

November 2014 – California: Target Employee Arrested, Allegedly Photographed Woman In Dressing Room [‘Torres was convicted of a similar crime last year’]

February 2015 – Hawaii: Kona ‘Peeping Tom’ sentenced [peeped on a woman in a Target restroom]

March 2015 – Pennsylvania: Man [Admitted] Secretly Recording Women in Target Dressing Rooms

April 2015 – Missouri: Police: Peeping tom caught filming women in Brentwood Target dressing rooms

April 2015 – Oklahoma: Woman Chases Down Peeping Tom from Target Dressing Room

August 2015 – Maryland: Kingsville man held in suspected Bel Air peeping Tom incident [at Target]

April 2016 – Ohio: Miami Township Target peeping Tom pleads guilty

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 05:01:57 pm »
Boycotts don't work.  But, heh, people can shop where they want.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HonestJohn

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 05:03:44 pm »
Target doesn't have Wal-Mart shoppers... therefore, it is automatically a better shopping experience.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com

Sample pictures:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 04:29:57 pm »
I've never shopped at Target... or even on Target's Web site. I shop a lot of other big-box stores, but never them. I just never saw the need with so many others out there.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 04:36:39 pm »
I've never shopped at Target... or even on Target's Web site. I shop a lot of other big-box stores, but never them. I just never saw the need with so many others out there.

I shop at Target all the time and will continue to. Their stores are much nicer than Wal-Mart and never feel crowded, except at the check-out lanes.

Plus use a Target card and get 5% off everything.

Offline raml

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 10:21:25 pm »
I stopped shopping there a few years ago when I realized they were way to into progressive values meaning they have none. Sinkspur you are a man and have no idea what women go through trying to get through life without being made a sexual object to be exploited and you make me a bit sick when you support the store which inviites men to target women which is what they are doing.

Offline verga

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 09:27:26 am »
I already stopped shopping at Target over their other liberal policies.  This is just one more reason to never shop there.
I think I have been in a Target twice in my life. Just did not like the experience. I guess I have been boycotting them before it was cool.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 10:58:46 am »
Bloody stupid fuss over nothing. Again.

If you are so damned worried about predators going after your wife or daughter, the solution is built right into the law. Go into the bathroom with them. No one can stop you doing that now.

:tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 12:56:06 pm »

If you are so damned worried about predators going after your wife or daughter, the solution is built right into the law. Go into the bathroom with them. No one can stop you doing that now.

Haven't seen you around here in a while, welcome back.  Did you have an "eastern" vacation? :silly:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 01:03:22 pm »
Where can I buy one of those leopard skin halter tops?  :thud:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 01:11:20 pm »
I stopped shopping there a few years ago when I realized they were way to into progressive values meaning they have none. Sinkspur you are a man and have no idea what women go through trying to get through life without being made a sexual object to be exploited and you make me a bit sick when you support the store which inviites men to target women which is what they are doing.

Don't flatter yourself.  Target is not 'inviting" anybody to do anything but shop there. 

Offline Millee

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2016, 01:27:30 pm »
I hope they start getting buried in lawsuits.   :smokin:

geronl

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 04:10:23 pm »
Don't flatter yourself.  Target is not 'inviting" anybody to do anything but shop there.

They quite openly and willingly announced they would let men into the women's restrooms. Nobody twisted their arm and forced them to do that.

It is a disgusting thing. It is especially bad when we have courts forcing schools to allow boys into the girls showers and visa versa, how anyone can pretend this is not a big deal is beyond reason.

http://www.caintv.com/of-course-tennessee-man-caught
Oh by the way, he'd done it before, and when cops arrested him, he had a loaded handgun.

Let's get this out of the way right at the start: No one is mistaking Matthew Foerstel for a "transgender person" for lack of the better one-word noun I'm sure someone will come up with very soon. He's clearly just a male pervert going where he's not supposed to be. I don't even think he's claiming to "identify as a woman."

But last week, Target took a step toward completely erasing the distinction between men's bathrooms/dressing rooms and women's bathrooms/dressing rooms when it told everyone to just use whichever one suits their, um, "gender identity."

but NO BIG DEAL. So what if some man goes in and oggles your little girl, no big deal...

right... sure....

It's pure insanity.

rangerrebew

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2016, 04:47:47 pm »
650,000 People Sign Pledge to Boycott Target Stores After Company Announces Transgender Bathroom Policy
April 26, 2016 | Piper McGowin | The Daily Sheeple | 

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/650000-people-sign-pledge-to-boycott-target-stores-after-company-announces-transgender-bathroom-policy_042016

Target Stores recently announced they have a new policy regarding the use of the restroom and changing room facilities at their stores. It reads in part:

We believe that everyone—every team member, every guest, and every community—deserves to be protected from discrimination, and treated equally. Consistent with this belief, Target supports the federal Equality Act, which provides protections to LGBT individuals, and opposes action that enables discrimination.

In our stores, we demonstrate our commitment to an inclusive experience in many ways. Most relevant for the conversations currently underway, we welcome transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity.

In response, over 650,000 people have now signed a petition up at the American Family Association pledging to boycott Target (654,735 at the time of writing this).

2016-04-26_3-09-38

The issue for most people is not transgendered people using the bathroom.

The issue is criminals who pose as transgendered people in order to gain access to restroom and changing facilities they normally would not be allowed to go into in order to seek out potential victims.

While the politically correct liberal left likes to pretend this never happens, they are simply wrong.

As the AFA points out, there are numerous cases where this exact thing has happened.

After the Ontario government passed a gender identity bill dubbed the “bathroom bill” in 2012, a 37-year-old man posing as a transgender using the name “Jessica” was able to gain access to women’s shelters where he sexually assaulted several women and peeped on them while in the shower.

More recently, a 33-year-old man was charged in 2013 after he dressed as a woman in order to secretly videotape women in the restroom at a California Macy’s. The same thing happened back in 2010 when a 29-year-old man who did not attend Berkeley dressed up as a woman in order to get into the university’s locker room where he used his cell phone to take pictures of women changing.

And these are just a few examples. In fact, here are even more examples:

Purdue University: Purdue police investigate report of man taking photographs in women’s restroom

The Mercury News: San Jose sex offender wearing fake breasts, wig arrested for loitering in women’s restroom

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Greensburg man who photographed cheerleaders to be tried

UPI.com: Cross-dresser arrested in bath house

Target has also failed to clarify what qualifies for evidence of someone’s gender identity, seemingly leaving the door open for pretty much anyone to use any bathroom or changing room at any time in a Target store without question.

It seems like a ridiculously obvious way to give predators access to victims in one of the most vulnerable places you can go in public: the bathroom.

Concerned “guests” (as the store refers to its customers) have lit up Target’s official Facebook page in a boring post about soup demanding clarification on the policy:

2016-04-26_3-20-03

target

Many hundreds more left comments also saying they (and their families) were going to boycott Target, or at the very least, not allow their children or wives or sisters or mothers or grandmas or aunts or female friends to go to the bathrooms alone in the store anymore.

Even at 3 a.m., people are boycotting Target.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 04:49:18 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2016, 04:51:05 pm »
Where can I buy one of those leopard skin halter tops?  :thud:

I got mine at Omar the Tent Maker. :woohoo:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 06:05:04 pm »
I got mine at Omar the Tent Maker. :woohoo:

Can I borrow it when I want to go to the Ladies' room?

rangerrebew

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2016, 06:09:20 pm »
Can I borrow it when I want to go to the Ladies' room?

It shows a lot of cleavage but you can borrow it if you need to. :beer:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2016, 06:15:25 pm »
Haven't seen you around here in a while, welcome back.  Did you have an "eastern" vacation? :silly:

Still on one. Really need a vacation from this vacation!!!

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 06:11:49 pm »

I am a 55-year-old working professional woman who is single having been divorced since 2004. Are you suggesting that I shouldn’t go into a public restroom unless I have a male relative accompanying me?  Maybe I shouldn’t drive a car or go out in public without a male relative either.  Seriously that isn't the solution.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 06:31:18 pm »
No, I suggest you carry (if you don't already) and be prepared to use if needed. The gene pool used to be self cleaning, nowadays it needs a little help at times.

rangerrebew

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2016, 09:17:38 am »
Nearly 1 million boycott Target over transgender bathrooms
'Now they're getting some real pushback. That is a very good thing'
Published: 10 hours ago

Nearly 1 million Americans have pledged to boycott Target after the popular retailer announced it would allow men to use women’s restrooms and fitting rooms, and vice versa, if the facilities correspond with the customers’ gender identity.

image: http://www.wnd.com/files/2016/04/Target-boycott.jpg
Target-boycottA day after Target declared it “welcomes transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity,” the American Family Association called for a boycott of Target and created an online pledge in which signees could promise to shop elsewhere. One week after the pledge was created, it had more than 924,000 signatures.

AFA claims Target is putting the safety of women and children at risk.

“This means a man can simply say he ‘feels like a woman today’ and enter the women’s restroom … even if young girls or women are already in there,” the AFA pledge states. “Target’s policy is exactly how sexual predators get access to their victims. And with Target publicly boasting that men can enter women’s bathrooms, where do you think predators are going to go?”

What do YOU think? Share your thoughts on Target’s Facebook page, use the Twitter hashtag #BoycottTarget and sign AFA’s pledge to boycott the retail giant

As WND reported Wednesday, two reporters from James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas went undercover as sexual predators at a school in North Carolina, which recently adopted a state law requiring men to use restrooms for men and women to use women’s rooms. The investigation captured on video a school diversity official declaring she didn’t think it was wrong for a woman to use a men’s room because it was a “turn-on.”

See the conversations captured on video:

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/04/nearly-1-million-boycott-target-over-transgender-bathrooms/#VCXAqgdy9JHRBSK1.99

Wingnut

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2016, 02:15:08 pm »