Author Topic: John Kasich wishes more Republicans liked Democrats’ ideas  (Read 7033 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: John Kasich wishes more Republicans liked Democrats’ ideas
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2016, 11:29:02 pm »
You are talking about the capitulation portion of the triad.  Conservatives have a triangle of behavior seen in the last 10 years or so.  It goes like this: "Obstruct/block legislation - walk out in protest - capitulate when crisis arises".

Nowhere in this model is there compromise.

How does one compromise with people who only want to kill you? Literally or figuratively?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HonestJohn

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2016, 11:29:59 pm »
I do not remember any Republican "walkout".. The democrats have done so many times. Now if the Repubs would send a funding bill.. say for military or SS through Congress.. even if they have to get rid of the filibuster in the Senate.. like the dems did on judicial nominees.. land that on the Pres desk and dare him not to sign it.

If he vetoes it, hold a vote to override. If it fails send it back again to his desk. All the while letting The People know that republicans are funding SS, The Military. Don't pass another bill until it is signed or overridden.

Rinse, repeat until we get to the spending the far left wants... then we compromise. Rather they have to compromise with us.

But no all I hear is "we need the house"... "we can't do anything but give obama what he wants because we need the Senate"... we can't stop obama without the Presidency........ HorseCrap is that.

The far left democrats sure have gotten their way with far less power.

We did that with the government shutdown of 2013.  It didn't work. All it did was create a crisis.

And if you are saying we should have continued it... that would have been the end of America.  For the federal workers furloughed would have left for civilian jobs, and eventually, so would our military folk (especially if there are no cafeteria workers to cook their food... or anyone to fix their pay issues... or pack up and move their posessions when they move, etc, etc, etc).

Also, regarding your "But no all I hear is "we need the house"... "we can't do anything but give obama what he wants because we need the Senate"... we can't stop obama without the Presidency........ HorseCrap is that."... please read the Constitution and tell me how exactly it is horsecr@p...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:32:14 pm by HonestJohn »

geronl

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2016, 11:32:18 pm »
.That is what Kasich can provide. 

A guy with no interest in first amendment freedom and who panders to the far left on nearly issue. Not the leadership I'd ever choose.

HonestJohn

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2016, 11:35:17 pm »
How does one compromise with people who only want to kill you? Literally or figuratively?

Really?  Obama has a gun and is looking for you?

:facepalm2:

It's precisely this hyperbole that makes it impossible for any sort of compromise to exist in the GOP today.  And it's also why we are ripping our party apart.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2016, 11:38:48 pm »
We did that with the government shutdown of 2013.  It didn't work. All it did was create a crisis.

And if you are saying we should have continued it... that would have been the end of America.  For the federal workers furloughed would have left for civilian jobs, and eventually, so would our military folk (especially if there are no cafeteria workers to cook their food... or anyone to fix their pay issues... or pack up and move their posessions when they move, etc, etc, etc).

Also, regarding your "But no all I hear is "we need the house"... "we can't do anything but give obama what he wants because we need the Senate"... we can't stop obama without the Presidency........ HorseCrap is that."... please read the Constitution and tell me how exactly it is horsecr@p...

Boehner/Mcconel caved like little scared puppies at the first clap of thunder.... cowards.

As for your snide "read the Constitution". I have.. and I outlined how it is done when you have men( and women like a Marget Thatcher)  as  your leaders. Instead of the kasich/Boehner type.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

HonestJohn

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2016, 11:42:20 pm »
Boehner/Mcconel caved like little scared puppies at the first clap of thunder.... cowards.

As for your snide "read the Constitution". I have.. and I outlined how it is done when you have men( and women like a Marget Thatcher)  as  your leaders. Instead of the kasich/Boehner type.

You are the one claiming that we don't need the Senate to stop and overturn Obama's work.  So, tell me how we repeal Obamacare without the Senate?

You made your claim... prove it.  Your bluster claims that it's possible.  I don't see how, but you are a smart guy.  Educate me.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2016, 11:42:52 pm »

It's precisely this hyperbole that makes it impossible for any sort of compromise to exist in the GOP today.  And it's also why we are ripping our party apart.

Really.. have you ever listened to obama calling us terrorist...hostage takers? And you want to compromise with that? That kind of kasich/boehner thinking is why America is doomed.

BigUn.. all I can think about it is some have a bad case of stockholm syndrome.. they have been so abused by the left.. they are like the abused wife.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2016, 11:45:32 pm »
You are the one claiming that we don't need the Senate to stop and overturn Obama's work.  So, tell me how we repeal Obamacare without the Senate?

You made your claim... prove it.  Your bluster claims that it's possible.  I don't see how, but you are a smart guy.  Educate me.

Try on your big boy pants for a change partner. And do not misrepresent what another has posted.

When you can do that, I'll continue with you. Maybe you need a safe space.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2016, 11:51:23 pm »
Kasich is not Boehner.  Study his record in Ohio - he pushed to limit the power of public employee unions like Walker did (admittedly, he went too far and was repudiated by the legislature).   Look at his record in Congress, where he was a budget hawk.

Kasich's conservative credentials are bona fide.   Now, I'll come clean - my conservative button issues are economic growth, fiscal responsibility entitlement reform, and sound foreign policy.  Kasich checks all my boxes.   I don't prioritize social issues at all.   I'm just a pragmatist (extreme, no-exceptions abortion planks in the GOP platform cost us votes) and a libertarian when it comes to most social issues (Pot?  Legalize, regulate and tax it)

But for what matters to me,  Kasich is not only a proven conservative,  but his electability gives us a shot at the trifecta - GOP President, GOP Congress, and the ability to appoint Constitutionalist judges.   Do you know how rare an opportunity that is?   Do you realize what we can accomplish with it?  instead we insist on the perfect at the expense of the good,  threatening to nominate an alt-right cretin or a ideological purist with a dark streak like Nixon.   

But carry on, keep trashing Kasich.   We'll get the President we deserve.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

HonestJohn

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2016, 11:52:02 pm »
Really.. have you ever listened to obama calling us terrorist...hostage takers? And you want to compromise with that? That kind of kasich/boehner thinking is why America is doomed.

BigUn.. all I can think about it is some have a bad case of stockholm syndrome.. they have been so abused by the left.. they are like the abused wife.

Words equal deeds to you?

You're a poopy-head.  (Oh noes, I haz now done it!  I haz put a  toilet on your head... After all, saying one is a hostage taker means you are a hostage taker and the FBI used a sniper to shoot you dead.  Right?)

HonestJohn

« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2016, 11:55:10 pm »
Try on your big boy pants for a change partner. And do not misrepresent what another has posted.

When you can do that, I'll continue with you. Maybe you need a safe space.

See below.

But no all I hear is "we need the house"... "we can't do anything but give obama what he wants because we need the Senate"... we can't stop obama without the Presidency........ HorseCrap is that.

That's *YOU*.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2016, 11:56:18 pm »

In other words you have no answer to the question!

Obama would like nothing better than to see me and every one leik me dead both literally and figuratively!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HonestJohn

« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2016, 11:57:25 pm »
In other words you have no answer to the question!

Obama would like nothing better than to see me and every one leik me dead both literally and figuratively!

You've made the claim... fine.

Proof would be nice.  Any news articles about former TOS members assassinated by Obama's 'goons'?

Offline Fantom

« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2016, 11:59:18 pm »

Well, you got me there Honest John... I am so overwhelmed by your meltdown, I have found that whilst trashing to and fro upon the floor.. my posterior has detached itself. :silly:

Frederick Douglass

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2016, 12:00:27 am »

They have either never read the U.S. Constitution or the don't understand it if they have!

The U.S. house of representatives alone can stop anything they want to without any need for the senate or the president!

If they refuse to appropriate the money for it there will be no money for it!

The PROBLEM is that there are VERY few up there with the balls to actually USE the tools they were given!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

HonestJohn

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2016, 12:06:00 am »
They have either never read the U.S. Constitution or the don't understand it if they have!

The U.S. house of representatives alone can stop anything they want to without any need for the senate or the president!

The PROBLEM is that there are VERY few up there with the balls to actually USE the tools they were given!

We should never let it get to that point.  And to do that, we have to be at the table... negotiating.  If we leave, then we aren't at the negotiating table, which leaves us in the unenviable position of only having that last resort option.  And it is a last resort, as the consequences tend to be horrendous if used... and used fully, as you're advocating.

HonestJohn

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2016, 12:06:47 am »
Well, you got me there Honest John... I am so overwhelmed by your meltdown, I have found that whilst trashing to and fro upon the floor.. my posterior has detached itself. :silly:

Please leave the TOS behavior where it belongs... the TOS.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2016, 12:10:02 am »
You've made the claim... fine.

Proof would be nice.  Any news articles about former TOS members assassinated by Obama's 'goons'?

Care to use that same standard on your self.. Ahem Honest John.

Quote from: HonestJohn

You made your claim... prove it.

Where did I make any claim about repealing obamacare?   Care to prove your claim. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 12:10:48 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2016, 12:11:27 am »
Please leave the TOS behavior where it belongs... the TOS.

Pot kettle.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2016, 12:14:22 am »

Yep, that is about as clear as it can be stated.

Frederick Douglass

HonestJohn

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2016, 12:17:23 am »
Care to use that same standard on your self.. Ahem Honest John.

Where did I make any claim about repealing obamacare?   Care to prove your claim.

Your words:

Now, one of the key tenets of conservatives over the last eight years has been to repeal Obamacare.  In fact, it was the key motivator for the 2010 GOP wave elections.

Being that an Obamacare repeal is such a burning issue, we want to have the repeal passed.  So the House drafts and votes on a bill to do just that (50-odd times, but who's counting).

Now, looking at your assertion above, stating we don't need the Senate to do this...

...I'm asking for an explanation of how it's possible to repeal such a thing, being that you've claimed that the GOP claim that they need the Senate is 'horsecrap'.

And all you've done is dance and insult.

HonestJohn

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2016, 12:19:03 am »
Pot kettle.

Really?  I'd like to know how.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2016, 12:25:59 am »

No Honest John.. you claimed I stated we could repeal obamacare with only the house.

That is a lie as I never stated that.

Frederick Douglass

HonestJohn

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2016, 12:27:53 am »

No Honest John.. you claimed I stated we could repeal obamacare with only the house.

That is a lie as I never stated that.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2016, 12:33:13 am »
Really, that is all you are defending your false claim that I said we could repeal obamacare with only the house. That is it?

Well folks... there it is.

We certainly could defund it, and let the voters decide in two years. Your portrayal of my words is as dishonest as obama. Not a worthy way to argue.

I will let others decide if I am right in my admonishment of your ways.

Good fortune with continuing down that kind of path.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 12:39:20 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass