Author Topic: John Kasich wishes more Republicans liked Democrats’ ideas  (Read 7024 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: John Kasich wishes more Republicans liked Democrats’ ideas
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2016, 08:13:00 pm »
If neither side is willing to make compromises on anything then nothing will ever improve.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2016, 08:15:23 pm »
  Out of curiosity, if Trump selects Kasich as his VP would you then vote for Trump?

No.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2016, 08:22:09 pm »
If neither side is willing to make compromises on anything then nothing will ever improve.

That's reality, and why IMO modern-day conservatives have a death wish IMO.   Kasich has a long and distinguished career, a career of genuine accomplishment.   Yet the mud is being slung fast and hard.   I've said repeatedly that I'd support Cruz; it's in my nature to recognize that the perfect can be the enemy of the good.  But Kasich is just a "moron" to you folks.  I'm just disgusted by this destructive attitude.  Because, ultimately, it is self-destructive.   

What's the effing use?  We may as well resign ourselves to liberal hegemony. We're too stupid/prideful/combative to see the merits in our fellow conservatives' positions.  We'll never stick together like we used to, for the greater good.  It's all about attack, demonize and destroy.    A good man like Kasich doesn't deserve this.   

But we will get the President we deserve.       
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 08:25:14 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Fantom

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2016, 08:24:29 pm »

Compromise is why we are at this point today.

Oh, and I voted for Reagan...Kasick is no Reagan. Not in any way shape or form. Even if first elected around the same time.. that does not make him a conservative..Reagan or otherwise.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 08:25:58 pm by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

geronl

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2016, 08:29:10 pm »

The Republicans have been compromising everything, that is why they are hated.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2016, 08:45:00 pm »
That notion assumes a static system, where two sides are equally matched, at an impasse, and all efforts lead to everything staying put.

That's not true in a system where the Democrats have slowly but steadily been gaining. If inertia holds, progressivism will continue to make gains until it has pure hegemony or the nation collapses, whichever comes first. A radical change of course—requiring disruptive and direct force—is what is needed to correct the slow leftward creep that has accelerated into a rapid gallop the past decade.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2016, 08:48:01 pm »

Unlike you, my political enemies are Democrats, not Republicans.  But go right ahead, keep trashing your fellow conservatives and Republicans.  Don't you want old Reagan folks like me to lift a finger to help TEA party Ted?   Sure doesn't sound like it.   

Online mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2016, 08:49:56 pm »
The Republicans compromise on the wrong issues, for sure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2016, 08:51:47 pm »
That notion assumes a static system, where two sides are equally matched, at an impasse, and all efforts lead to everything staying put.

That's not true in a system where the Democrats have slowly but steadily been gaining. If inertia holds, progressivism will continue to make gains until it has pure hegemony or the nation collapses, whichever comes first. A radical change of course—requiring disruptive and direct force—is what is needed to correct the slow leftward creep that has accelerated into a rapid gallop the past decade.

No, we don't need anything more radical than a Republican President backed by a Republican Congress.   That is what Kasich can provide.   If Cruz or Trump is the nominee and loses to Clinton in a landslide, he'll take the Senate with him and there goes the Supreme Court for a generation.   THEN we may need a revolution - but the conservative movement will have committed suicide.   

Offline Fantom

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2016, 08:54:19 pm »
Unlike you, my political enemies are Democrats, not Republicans.

Would it were, that Kasich felt the same way.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline libertybele

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2016, 09:20:45 pm »
Would it were, that Kasich felt the same way.

:beer:  By the way, welcome!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2016, 10:04:12 pm »
:beer:  By the way, welcome!

Thanks for the welcome.

Likely I will beat many a dead horse in these parts.  :smokin:

Frederick Douglass

Wingnut

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2016, 10:15:39 pm »
Thanks for the welcome.

Likely I will beat many a dead horse in these parts.  :smokin:

No worries.  We rescued those horses from becoming part of The Trump Steak Collection. They were to tender to make the cut.

HonestJohn

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2016, 10:24:30 pm »
Hey did you know Kasich father was a mailman?   Nothing conservative about Kasich. NOTHING.

What does a father being a mailman have to do with conservatism?

You use that as justification for your charge that Kasich is not conservative.

HonestJohn

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2016, 10:34:41 pm »

Compromise is why we are at this point today.

Oh, and I voted for Reagan...Kasick is no Reagan. Not in any way shape or form. Even if first elected around the same time.. that does not make him a conservative..Reagan or otherwise.

It's the exact opposite.  By failing to compromise, by 'taking our ball and going home'... meant that we had no voice in crafting significant legislation.  And we've gummed up the basic functions of government to such an extent that we now have Trump campaigning on how government doesn't work anymore.

HonestJohn

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2016, 10:36:22 pm »

No, we've been walking out in protest... leaving everything to the Democrats and then whining about how we don't like it.

Wingnut

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2016, 10:46:22 pm »
No, we've been walking out in protest... leaving everything to the Democrats and then whining about how we don't like it.

We certainly have that perfected.  Down to a science.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2016, 10:53:53 pm »

No we haven't!  We have been REFUSING to use the powers grated us by the constitution because  we fear that doing so might ruffle a few feathers!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2016, 11:03:01 pm »
No we haven't!  We have been REFUSING to use the powers grated us by the constitution because  we fear that doing so might ruffle a few feathers!

Bigun.  The results are the same.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2016, 11:09:34 pm »
Bigun.  The results are the same.

I can't and won't argue with that but I  think it important to be accurate as to the cause!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2016, 11:09:49 pm »

Precisely! If the republicans would play the same hardball the democrats do, we could win some change.

I do not remember any Republican "walkout".. The democrats have done so many times. Now if the Repubs would send a funding bill.. say for military or SS through Congress.. even if they have to get rid of the filibuster in the Senate.. like the dems did on judicial nominees.. land that on the Pres desk and dare him not to sign it.

If he vetoes it, hold a vote to override. If it fails send it back again to his desk. All the while letting The People know that republicans are funding SS, The Military. Don't pass another bill until it is signed or overridden.

Rinse, repeat until we get to the spending the far left wants... then we compromise. Rather they have to compromise with us.

But no all I hear is "we need the house"... "we can't do anything but give obama what he wants because we need the Senate"... we can't stop obama without the Presidency........ HorseCrap is that.

The far left democrats sure have gotten their way with far less power.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:11:13 pm by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2016, 11:11:55 pm »
Precisely! If the republicans would play the same hardball the democrats do, we could win some change.

I do not remember any Republican "walkout".. The democrats have done so many times. Now if the Repubs would send a funding bill.. say for military or SS through Congress.. even if they have to get rid of the filibuster in the Senate.. like the dems did on judicial nominees.. land that on the Pres desk and dare him not to sign it.

If he vetoes it, hold a vote to override. If it fails send it back again to his desk. All the while letting The People know that republicans are funding SS, The Military. Don't pass another bill until it is signed or overridden.

Rinse, repeat until we get to the spending the far left wants... then we compromise.

But no all I hear is "we need the house"... "we can't do anything but give obama what he wants because we need the Senate"... we can't stop obama without the Presidency........ HorseCrap is that.

The far left democrats sure have gotten their way with far less power.

Right on!  F.IGHT!   :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline raml

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2016, 11:19:39 pm »
Kasich is a joke and he is not a conservative of any kind. Republicans are hated right now for not using their power but handing over everything to Obama. To me it looks like they do nothing but kiss Obama's butt. Right now there is no difference in the parties. I like Trump because he is what he says he is. You may not think so but I do. I have checked him out and I know he is more of a moderate but he vows to change what I want changed and that is enough for me. I was just asked to be a delegate for Trump from my state and I wish I could but my back is such I can't walk around like I use to so I can't do it.

HonestJohn

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2016, 11:22:22 pm »

You are talking about the capitulation portion of the triad.  Conservatives have a triangle of behavior seen in the last 10 years or so.  It goes like this: "Obstruct/block legislation - walk out in protest - capitulate when crisis arises".

Nowhere in this model is there compromise.

Wingnut

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2016, 11:27:00 pm »
I can't and won't argue with that but I  think it important to be accurate as to the cause!

Carry on.  Point taken