Author Topic: Ted Cruz Seeks to Mend Fences with Republican Elites  (Read 2003 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Ted Cruz Seeks to Mend Fences with Republican Elites
« on: April 20, 2016, 10:21:34 pm »

Zeke J Miller / Hollywood, Florida @ZekeJMiller  3:15 PM ET Updated: 4:35 PM ET

http://time.com/4301451/ted-cruz-republican-national-committee/

Ted Cruz has made few friends among Republicans in Washington during his nearly four years in the Senate, but his message to GOP elite as he looks to build support to the party’s presidential nominee is that he would bring more Republicans along with him.

In a private meeting with members of the Republican National Committee, the Cruz campaign’s high command, including campaign manager Jeff Roe, strategist David Polyansky, and delegate-hunters Ken Cuccinelli and Saul Anuzis, made the case for Cruz as the party’s stronger choice for the general election and argued he’d help down-ballot GOP races. Mathematically eliminated from winning the GOP nomination on the first ballot, Cruz is betting on Donald Trump failing to reach the 1,237 delegates required to win the nomination on the first ballot, and plotting to secure as many of the then-unbound votes as possible.

According to multiple people in the room, Roe pitches the members on Cruz’s commitment to grassroots organizing and cited poll numbers showing Cruz as a better candidate than Trump in the general election. Yet Cruz’s own numbers are less than spectacular, trailing Hillary Clinton in nearly every poll, and often by substantial margins.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

Re: Ted Cruz Seeks to Mend Fences with Republican Elites
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 10:31:43 pm »

Zeke J Miller / Hollywood, Florida @ZekeJMiller  3:15 PM ET Updated: 4:35 PM ET

http://time.com/4301451/ted-cruz-republican-national-committee/

Ted Cruz has made few friends among Republicans in Washington during his nearly four years in the Senate, but his message to GOP elite as he looks to build support to the party’s presidential nominee is that he would bring more Republicans along with him.

In a private meeting with members of the Republican National Committee, the Cruz campaign’s high command, including campaign manager Jeff Roe, strategist David Polyansky, and delegate-hunters Ken Cuccinelli and Saul Anuzis, made the case for Cruz as the party’s stronger choice for the general election and argued he’d help down-ballot GOP races. Mathematically eliminated from winning the GOP nomination on the first ballot, Cruz is betting on Donald Trump failing to reach the 1,237 delegates required to win the nomination on the first ballot, and plotting to secure as many of the then-unbound votes as possible.

According to multiple people in the room, Roe pitches the members on Cruz’s commitment to grassroots organizing and cited poll numbers showing Cruz as a better candidate than Trump in the general election. Yet Cruz’s own numbers are less than spectacular, trailing Hillary Clinton in nearly every poll, and often by substantial margins.
That must be from a no good website this time.com. No way Cruz is trailing in every poll to hillary, the people for Rafeal from Canada at this site tell me so.  :smokin:

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 10:33:04 pm »
Poor Ted can't even figure out that he's being set up as the fall guy by these same elites, with Rubio and Kasich back in the mix to challenge President Clinton in 2020.
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 10:33:37 pm »
This same article was posted by Trumpites twice within less than a minute of each other.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 10:39:20 pm »
This same article was posted by Trumpites twice within less than a minute of each other.

=====================================

Terrible isn't it?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 10:40:13 pm »

Very observant!  I removed mine since truth_seeker posted it first.

No comments on Suck-Up Ted warming up to the GOPe spigot? 

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 10:42:16 pm »

GOPe is a meaningless term invented by talk radio personalities to keep you angry... and listening.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 10:46:53 pm »
GOPe is a meaningless term invented by talk radio personalities to keep you angry... and listening.

I don't listen to talk radio other than sports' talk.

What is it with you anti-Trumps making things up about me? 

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 10:47:46 pm »
I don't listen to talk radio other than sports' talk.

What is it with you anti-Trumps making things up about me?

My point still stands.

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 10:49:22 pm »

Do not hold your breath. Supporters of Cruz who was born in Canada will just filibuster this thread.

A-Lert

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 10:51:06 pm »
My point still stands.

No hat could ever cover it. :silly:

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 10:56:34 pm »
No hat could ever cover it. :silly:

See you're just an bleep who has no substance whatsoever. Rather than debate my point, you post an obnoxious emoji.

THis is why everyone here hates you. Mods, ban me if you want.

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 11:01:48 pm »
See you're just an bleep who has no substance whatsoever. Rather than debate my point, you post an obnoxious emoji.

That is another falsehood WTF..............not everyone here hates A-lert. Only the people for Rafeal from Canada hates A-lert.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 11:02:43 pm »
Do not hold your breath. Supporters of Cruz who was born in Canada will just filibuster this thread.
The irony is that your side keeps telling us that we have to vote for Trump if he's the nominee or else we're to blame for Hillary when she wins. Yet you attack Cruz for trying to build a coalition to defeat Hillary.

Actually, you're attacking Cruz because his mother was out of the country when she had Ted, which is totally irrelevant to the point.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

A-Lert

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 11:11:54 pm »

Why you poor thing. You can sure dish it out, but when someone throws you a clean zinger in jest, you come unglued. If it'll smooth your ruffled feathers, I'll just ignore you in the future. How's that?

PS No, not everyone hates me, but you do have an obvious distaste for the truth. :seeya:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 11:12:16 pm »
Cruz has a shot at uniting the party. Trump will NEVER unite the party behind him.

He's burned too many bridges.

Now, what he may be preparing to do is reverse himself on most of his policy positions, knowing that his supporters are cultic worshippers of HIM, not of what he stands for.  He may make promises of dropping his silly wall, say "never mind" to tariffs against China and Mexico, and grovel in apologies for all the misogynistic remarks he's made about women.

No surprise if he does this.  Trump has no core, no values, and he thinks nothing of lying his ass off.  I would fully expect his Trumpkins to just roll on, not caring a whit that he would show his truly liberal inclinations and expect them to go along with it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 11:14:49 pm »

I don't hate A-Lert.  I think he's smart and courageous.  And funny, too! 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 11:16:36 pm »
As a point of fact here, Cruz is running on the Republican ticket, not independent, not Democrat, not anything else. It is mutually beneficial. For one, every State's precincts are part of the party and those are part of the organization. In every state, party lawyers ensure ballot access and FEC compliance.

You can't wish that into existence and it would be bad business to burn those bridges.

I have big doubts if Trump was actually liquid enough to run the primary with his own money for even the amount he was loaning his campaign, so there is no way he can run a general election with all the legal requirements and hundreds of millions needed just to pay the lawyers.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 11:18:59 pm »
As a point of fact here, Cruz is running on the Republican ticket, not independent, not Democrat, not anything else. It is mutually beneficial. For one, every State's precincts are part of the party and those are part of the organization. In every state, party lawyers ensure ballot access and FEC compliance.

You can't wish that into existence and it would be bad business to burn those bridges.

I have big doubts if Trump was actually liquid enough to run the primary with his own money for even the amount he was loaning his campaign, so there is no way he can run a general election with all the legal requirements and hundreds of millions needed just to pay the lawyers.

Trump is not going to have enough money to run a general election.  He has one PAC on his side, most won't touch him, and he's not going to spend his own money (he's not that liquid).  So Trump is going to have a helluva time funding a campaign.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2016, 11:24:06 pm »
Trump is not going to have enough money to run a general election.  He has one PAC on his side, most won't touch him, and he's not going to spend his own money (he's not that liquid).  So Trump is going to have a helluva time funding a campaign.

I actually question if Trump had the liquid assets for the $25 million he loaned (emphasis on loan) to his campaign during the primary. Most of his net worth is in property valuation, not liquid assets. That's probably why he refuses to release his tax returns- it would show his actual liquid assets along with potentially 'personal investors' helping him along with a wink and nod. It could be like the Clinton/Charlie Trie scandal on steroids.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 11:25:10 pm »

Don't worry about it, Sink.  Relax.   ^-^

A-Lert

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 11:28:35 pm »
Cruz has a shot at uniting the party. Trump will NEVER unite the party behind him.

He's burned too many bridges.

Now, what he may be preparing to do is reverse himself on most of his policy positions, knowing that his supporters are cultic worshippers of HIM, not of what he stands for.  He may make promises of dropping his silly wall, say "never mind" to tariffs against China and Mexico, and grovel in apologies for all the misogynistic remarks he's made about women.

No surprise if he does this.  Trump has no core, no values, and he thinks nothing of lying his ass off.  I would fully expect his Trumpkins to just roll on, not caring a whit that he would show his truly liberal inclinations and expect them to go along with it.

Politics make strange bedfellows. If the GOPers don't kiss and makeup, the Republican party is doomed. The libs will have won the battle without firing a shot.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2016, 11:29:05 pm »

Trump isn't the least bit worried about the general election! He is only worried about getting rid of any possible viable opposition to Hillary!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2016, 11:30:31 pm »
I am not a "Trumpite" or any other derogatory infantile label you might use.

I will vote in the California GOP primary June 7th, and will vote for the Republican in the general election in November.

I do not care for Sen. Cruz. I think he is a hyper-ambitious sleazy politician. His supporters think he is Godsend, from Constitutional-Christian Heaven.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2016, 11:36:43 pm »
I am not a "Trumpite" or any other derogatory infantile label you might use.

I will vote in the California GOP primary June 7th, and will vote for the Republican in the general election in November.

I do not care for Sen. Cruz. I think he is a hyper-ambitious sleazy politician. His supporters think he is Godsend, from Constitutional-Christian Heaven.

Good for you. You will vote for an amoral, misogynistic, demagogic bigot who has no principled core and will blow with the wind politically.

I don't care for Cruz either, but he's a saint next to the orange haired gutter rat from New York.