Author Topic: Giuliani: I’d endorse Trump but I don't want to have to defend him  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Giuliani: I’d endorse Trump but I don't want to have to defend him
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 08:10:00 pm »
Trump just emotes when he talks about economic issues.  He hasn't thought any of this through and will be discouraged by most policymakers from taking some of these extreme steps.

Where did you earn your Economics Degree?  I'm curious. 

Thanks.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2016, 08:15:28 pm »

Thanks.

I can hear and read Trump's policy positions.  They're simply not realistic.   Art Laffer, who drew a curve 40 years ago, thinks Trump's tax cut plans are great.  Hardly anybody else does.

I don't have an economics degree. But many of the commentators I read do, and they laugh at Trump's plans.  Plus, a Democrat Senate (which we will have if Trump is the nominee) will never pass any tax cuts.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2016, 08:19:47 pm »
I can hear and read Trump's policy positions. 

So you don't have a degree in Economics.  On one hand this truly surprises me because you speak with such authority on all of Trump's economic proposals.  On the other hand you not having earned a degree is Economics is comforting--because it explains why your comments are so wrong so often.

Thanks.   :beer:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 08:27:47 pm »
So you don't have a degree in Economics.  On one hand this truly surprises me because you speak with such authority on all of Trump's economic proposals.  On the other hand you not having earned a degree is Economics is comforting--because it explains why your comments are so wrong so often.

Thanks.   :beer:

I can have an opinion and my opinions are informed.  You believe Trump knows what he's talking about and it's been proven many times over that he doesn't.

One does not have to have an economics degree to know that Trump's plans are wildly optimistic and not politically feasible with a Democrat Senate.

The majority of Trump's supporters don't have degrees of any kind, so that explains their gullibility about him.

A-Lert

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2016, 08:32:32 pm »
There won't be a Republican Senate if Trump is the nominee.  So you can forget about any of Trump's economic plans coming to fruition.

I just don't see where Trump is going to succeed in imposing massive tariffs on China and Mexico, our two largest trading partners.  Most of Trump's supporters are regular shoppers at Wal-Mart, and all that imported stuff sold at the country's largest retailer will go up 45%, wrecking the budgets of those lower-middle-class people.   Wanna throw the country into recession?

Trump just emotes when he talks about economic issues.  He hasn't thought any of this through and will be discouraged by most policymakers from taking some of these extreme steps.

Trading partners? It's a pretty one-sided "partnership" and it has to change.

A-Lert

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 08:43:36 pm »
There won't be a Republican Senate if Trump is the nominee.  So you can forget about any of Trump's economic plans coming to fruition.

I just don't see where Trump is going to succeed in imposing massive tariffs on China and Mexico, our two largest trading partners.  Most of Trump's supporters are regular shoppers at Wal-Mart, and all that imported stuff sold at the country's largest retailer will go up 45%, wrecking the budgets of those lower-middle-class people.   Wanna throw the country into recession?

Let's see......you anti-Trumps claim he's a liberal, but he won't be able to work with a demonrat congress. You fail to make sense.

HonestJohn

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 08:51:24 pm »

Thanks.

Just sayin'.  It seems like you don't want to hear others opinions and are trying to stifle debate.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 08:54:45 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:08:19 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2016, 09:13:36 pm »
Trading partners? It's a pretty one-sided "partnership" and it has to change.

Why is it one-sided?  The Chinese get paper and we get all kinds of low-priced goods that help the middle class maintain a decent standard of living.

The reason there's a trade deficit with China is because we are rich and they are poor. We'll always have a trade deficit with countries which can't buy the expensive stuff we export.  However, the Chinese do buy Boeing planes, so there's that.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2016, 09:16:33 pm »

Just sayin'.  It seems like you don't want to hear others opinions and are trying to stifle debate.

Trumploos don't want anyone to question the wisdom of a guy who uses his economics degree to establish  Trump University and MLM scams like phone services and vitamins.

A-Lert

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2016, 10:48:52 pm »
Why is it one-sided?  The Chinese get paper and we get all kinds of low-priced goods that help the middle class maintain a decent standard of living.

The reason there's a trade deficit with China is because we are rich and they are poor. We'll always have a trade deficit with countries which can't buy the expensive stuff we export.  However, the Chinese do buy Boeing planes, so there's that.

If the trade deals are so beneficial to the middle class, why is the middle class shrinking? Why are the welfare rolls increasing?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2016, 11:15:09 pm »
If the trade deals are so beneficial to the middle class, why is the middle class shrinking? Why are the welfare rolls increasing?

It's not trade that's wrecking the middle class. It's the changing face of employment.  Those without specific, marketable skills are going to have a tough time in the future, as will those without college degrees.

Even those in manufacturing today are going to have problems as robotics continue the inexorable march toward replacing most low-wage jobs, where possible, with machines.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2016, 11:21:41 pm »
Go Orange Baboon!  Right out the door!

Bill Cipher

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2016, 11:22:37 pm »

Liberal regulation, liberal control of the Fed, and taxes that drive employers offshore. 

Bill Cipher

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2016, 11:24:12 pm »
Let's see......you anti-Trumps claim he's a liberal, but he won't be able to work with a demonrat congress. You fail to make sense.

Sounds like you want 2009 back, when a liberal president and a liberal Congress gave us Obamacare. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2016, 11:25:45 pm »
Sounds like you want 2009 back, when a liberal president and a liberal Congress gave us Obamacare.

I guarantee that A-lert wants a liberal to be President because he's madly in love with the liberal pretending to be a Republican....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

geronl

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2016, 11:37:34 pm »
Like Jrff Sessions and Clint Eastwood?  :laughingdog:

Yes, Jeff has a conservative rating in the 60's and Eastwood is a Hollyweird star, even made a pro-euthanasia film

A-Lert

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2016, 01:43:32 am »
It's not trade that's wrecking the middle class. It's the changing face of employment.  Those without specific, marketable skills are going to have a tough time in the future, as will those without college degrees.

Even those in manufacturing today are going to have problems as robotics continue the inexorable march toward replacing most low-wage jobs, where possible, with machines.

What has caused the changing face of employment?  Jobs moved offshore because of one-sided trade deals. College degrees today are a dime a dozen today. Not worth much more than a high school diploma 50 years ago.

With an increasing population and fewer jobs due to automation, robotics and offshoring, what are the prospects for the U.S.?

A-Lert

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2016, 01:45:18 am »

Hearing things again, little willy?

Bill Cipher

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2016, 01:46:22 am »
Hearing things again, little willy?

Only your childish whining.

A-Lert

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2016, 01:47:27 am »
I guarantee that A-lert wants a liberal to be President because he's madly in love with the liberal pretending to be a Republican....

Proving yet again that you DKS.  88finger point

A-Lert

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2016, 01:48:35 am »
Only your childish whining.

More little willy delusions.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2016, 06:17:21 am »
Me too.  Guiliani is a pro and a class act!

Yeah a real queen.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.