Author Topic: HEADS UP RUBIO FANS -- Rubio will be interviewed on LevinTV tonight  (Read 1466 times)

RAT Patrol

I don't know the content, and you do have to have a subscription.  I know there are a number of Rubio fans on this board so this is just an FYI.

Wingnut

Re: HEADS UP RUBIO FANS -- Rubio will be interviewed on LevinTV tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 10:52:29 pm »
I don't know the content, and you do have to have a subscription.  I know there are a number of Rubio fans on this board so this is just an FYI.

He is a good guy but I've moved on from Marco.   He needs some time to mature.  He just is not ready for prime time....yet

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 11:01:54 pm »
He is a good guy but I've moved on from Marco.   He needs some time to mature.  He just is not ready for prime time....yet

Well...he was a half-way decent guy minus his stance on illegal immigration until he lowered himself to the tactics of Trump.  He lost a tremendous amount of credibility and he was an embarrassment.   Rubio has stated that he is out of politics...so I'd love to see the interview.  Don't have subscription ... so ... please keep us posted.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 11:19:09 pm »
I read somewhere that he plans on working in the private sector.  I have no idea if that is true.  He has many talents and I'm sure has a bright future wherever he lands.  I have not seen the interview, which is not available until I think 9 ET.  So I reserve the right to change my mind about that.

Don't take me wrong. I have nothing against the guy.  I just moved on and I'll catch up with him later.  Like in 3 years.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 02:57:51 am »
Well...he was a half-way decent guy minus his stance on illegal immigration until he lowered himself to the tactics of Trump.  He lost a tremendous amount of credibility and he was an embarrassment.   Rubio has stated that he is out of politics...so I'd love to see the interview.  Don't have subscription ... so ... please keep us posted.

I like him in part because of his stance on immigration, which was about the most adult, pragmatic, deal-with-the-facts-as-they-are proposal coming out of our side.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 02:58:11 am »
OK I just watched the entire interview.  It was seriously good.  WOW!  That is the most impressed I have ever been with Rubio.  He did a great job.  So did Levin in asking the questions.  Loved it.    Highly recommend.

Any highlights you want to share?

Bill Cipher

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 03:03:25 am »
Actually, what he expressed in the interview was more tempered.  I can't say I still know where the heck he stands on the issue.  But what he said that I liked was that this is an issue the government cannot and should not push on the people.  They have to listen and respond.  That's paraphrased, but essentially he gets that the people are mad because the government is railroading them and lying to them.  I don't think he fully understood that when he was part of the gang of eight.

Putting aside immigration, he said a lot of other good things.  I predict he is soon to be a rich private sector member.  The offers are bound to pour in for a man with his experience and communication skills.

True, but that statement can go both ways, inasmuch as a lot of other people do not want immigration reform to simply mean rounding all suspected illegals up and shipping them across the border regardless of the equities.  But either way, it's a grown-up statement that a leader should be making.

HonestJohn

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 03:31:43 am »
I like him in part because of his stance on immigration, which was about the most adult, pragmatic, deal-with-the-facts-as-they-are proposal coming out of our side.

That, and it was the position most in line with the views of the American majority.  Which means it would have been a tremendous asset in the general election.

A-Lert

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 03:58:49 am »
Rubio had a couple of misteps ...the stupid joke about drumps hands, and the poor debate performance in New Hampshire when Christie went rabid on him. He backed off the stupid jokes and regretted what he had said with the hands joke.  I like the guy and think he would have really expanded the GOP base without driving out conservatives and laid the groundwork for a vibrant party in the future. Instead we have the most destructive, distasteful, conniving, negative un-electable creature leading the primary. Oh, What might have been possible this election without the appearance of the certified nut case Trump. There might have been debates where the issues were discussed afterwards, rather than loony rhetoric about Bush lying about WMDs, forcing the military to follow unlawful orders, banning all muslims, Megan Kelly's menstrual time, targeting families of terrorists, changing libel laws to go after those that oppose him,  narcissist chatter about how great Trump thinks trump is, he could shoot someone and not lose his supporters, and on and on and on and on. AND HIS SUPPORTERS IGNORE IT ALL!! This guy is worst than Hillary in many ways and I could never, ever vote for Hillary.

8bs8

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 04:20:25 am »
He can move over to the "private sector" and become a "managing director" for an important "investment banking" concern, like John Kasich and Ted Cruz' wife did.

E.G. the revolving door for politics, lobbying, etc. BTW he will "earn" close to $1 million per year.

I just don't want anymore bellyaching about the GOPe because that stuff is phoney, baloney.

GOPe is nothing more than the Rubio/Rove/Cruz/Kasich/Bush/Goldman Sachs/Lehmann Bros./K-street cartel.

Ironic that the guy criticizing that cartel, joined it.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln