Author Topic: Trump blasts delegate fight as ‘crooked deal'  (Read 6886 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump blasts delegate fight as ‘crooked deal'
« on: April 11, 2016, 01:43:40 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/trump-delegate-fight-crooked-221789

Trump blasts delegate fight as ‘crooked deal'

'What kind of a system is this?' the Republican frontrunner says, after being bested by Cruz in Colorado.

By Nick Gass

04/11/16 07:29 AM EDT

Donald Trump vented Monday over the delegate fight on which his campaign has been repeatedly outfoxed, slamming the situation in Colorado as a "crooked deal."

“Well it really started with Colorado, and the people out there are going crazy — in the Denver area and Colorado itself — and they’re going absolutely crazy because they weren’t given a vote, this was given by politicians. It’s a crooked deal, and I see it," the Republican front-runner said in a telephone interview on "Fox & Friends," referring to his defeat over the weekend in the state where Texas Sen. Ted Cruz won all 34 delegates at play at the state's Republican convention.

Referring to a comment from co-host Pete Hegseth explaining that the rules are the rules, Trump remarked, "Well that shouldn’t be the way it is. This was changed in the summer to help a guy like Cruz, and it’s not right now."

Colorado Republicans voted last August to cancel their traditional presidential preference poll after the Republican National Committee changed its rules to require states' delegates to support whomever wins the caucus.

In addition to losing Colorado, Trump has also suffered delegate setbacks in South Carolina, North Carolina, Iowa, Indiana, North Dakota, Tennessee, Louisiana, South Dakota, and Georgia.

"You know, as an example, I won South Carolina. I won it by a landslide, like a massive landslide, and now they’re trying to pick off those delegates one by one. That’s not the way democracy is supposed to work. And you know, they offer ‘em trips, they offer ‘em all sorts of things," Trump said. "And you’re allowed to do that, and you’re allowed to offer trips and you can buy all these votes. What kind of a system is this? Now, I’m an outsider and I came into the system, and I’m winning the votes by millions of votes. But the system is rigged, it’s crooked."

The "crooked" nature also extends to the Democratic side of the race, Trump suggested.

"And I see it, honestly, I see it with Bernie [Sanders], too. You know, I got millions more votes, millions, not just a couple — millions of more votes than Cruz," Trump explained. "And I’ve gotten hundreds of delegates more. And we keep fighting, fighting, fighting and then you have a Colorado where they frankly, where they just get all of these delegates, and it’s not a system. There was no voting. I didn’t go out there to make a speech or anything. There’s no voting."

He went on to lament Sanders’ situation even more. "When you look, even at Bernie—I’m not a fan of Bernie, but every time I turn on your show—Bernie wins, Bernie wins, Bernie wins. And yet he’s not winning," Trump said, alluding to Sanders' recent string of victories in primaries and caucuses that have done little to move the needle in terms of his delegate deficiency against Hillary Clinton. "I mean, it’s a rigged system. It’s a rigged system," he repeated.

Trump’s vent session comes after the Republican frontrunner remained relatively quiet over the weekend. In a rare move, he didn’t call into any of the Sunday shows, opting instead to keep a low profile as Cruz racked up more delegate wins.

But on Monday, Trump appeared ready to fight back, rejecting the notion that his defeats in Colorado and elsewhere suggests that Cruz's team is out-hustling and out-organizing his campaign.

“No, because I’ve got millions more votes. I mean, you could say he’s out-organized because I have millions of more votes, and I happen to have more delegates than he does, by a lot. But when you go into Colorado, where the people of Colorado are complaining that they’re not allowed to vote, that’s the best of all because they’re not even allowed to vote," he said, going on to invoke his victory in the popular vote in the Louisiana primary and subsequent delegate flop. "Hey, I’m somebody coming in to make America great again. I’m coming in to do something positive. I’m an outsider. The system’s rigged," he said, again invoking the term. "I see it. I see it now 100 percent. And by the way, not just on our side—I think it’s worse on the Republican side—when you can have a Colorado where people don’t get a chance to vote—and the people out in Colorado are going nuts. They’re marching, they’re having a lot of problems out there because of this. This was a political hack deal like so much of our country. This is what our country’s all about, I guess.”

Trump, whose name graces 17 golf courses around the world, also commented on Jordan Spieth, whose epic collapse on the back nine Sunday at the Masters denied the 22-year-old golfer a chance to repeat as the tournament champion.

"He's had a very life-altering experience. It looked like he was just going to sail right through," Trump said, not drawing any comparison to his own presidential run. "That's golf. It's a tough sport. That's life. That's golf. That's sports. That's everything. I mean, it can happen."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

Re: Trump blasts delegate fight as ‘crooked deal'
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 01:47:11 pm »
This is how the rules work, Donnie.  Maybe if you'd paid attention to the rules instead of your own ego you might have realized that. 

If the nomination process were like a building, this would be the part where you negotiate with the unions and the other trades.  Heck, Trump is doubly incompetent if he thinks he deserves the nomination though he hasn't even won a majority of delegates and now doesn't even realize where delegates come from.  Did he think they just magically grew on trees, or in pods like in The Matrix?

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 02:05:42 pm »
And I suppose The (D)onald thinks that all the countries he plans on getting "awesome deals" with are all going to abide by the rules HE wants them to use instead of the rules actually in play?

:silly:

Oh, yeah. I can see his crybaby act will go over well in the international arena. But - hey - at least he can use his Blue Steel(tm) stare to intimidate enemies.

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 02:23:37 pm »
 :baby:

Biggest crybaby in politics.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 02:28:42 pm »
The bad ole meanies stole my delegates.

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 02:31:25 pm »
Sums it up perfectly:

Cruz 10% Flat Tax ‏@mybasicmy  17s18 seconds ago
Cruz 10% Flat Tax Retweeted #NeverTrump Russ
He is never satisfied = 37% of vote and 45% of delegates means GOP system is corrupt. #mathematicians4Cruz @tedcruz

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 02:33:17 pm »
Remember when he hired that Manafort guy, that he was going to make sure that this wouldn't happen?

Yeah, how's that working?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 02:40:19 pm »
I"m the tough guy.

I'm the smart guy.

I'm the deal maker.

I've done great things.

I'm a winner and the winning will be yuge.

What, somebody got all the delegates?

Hey they cheated!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 03:26:55 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 03:01:51 pm »
@bolobaby

Welcome!
The Republic is lost.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 03:04:39 pm »
Trump and his supporters are mewling over the Colorado process but the process has been KNOWN SINCE AUGUST 25!!!

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_28700919/colorado-republicans-cancel-2016-presidential-caucus-vote

EDITOR'S NOTE: This story was first published on Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2015 at 2:06 p.m.

Colorado will not vote for a Republican candidate for president at its 2016 caucus after party leaders approved a little-noticed shift that may diminish the state's clout in the most open nomination contest in the modern era.

The GOP executive committee has voted to cancel the traditional presidential preference poll after the national party changed its rules to require a state's delegates to support the candidate who wins the caucus vote.

The move makes Colorado the only state so far to forfeit a role in the early nomination process, according to political experts, but other caucus states are still considering how to adapt to the new rule.

"It takes Colorado completely off the map" in the primary season, said Ryan Call, a former state GOP chairman.

Republicans still will hold precinct caucus meetings in early 2016 to begin the process of selecting delegates for the national convention — but the 37 delegates are not pledged to any specific candidate.

The Democratic Party still will hold a presidential straw poll March 1 — a Super Tuesday vote in a key swing state that is attracting attention from top-tier candidates.

For Republicans, no declared winner means the caucus will lack much of its hype. The presidential campaigns still may try to win delegate slots for their supporters, but experts say the move makes it less likely that candidates will visit Colorado to court voters.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 03:21:56 pm »

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 03:24:01 pm »

Face the facts: Trump is a losing loser who loses perpetually.

It's unbecoming to cry about spilled milk like Trump does.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 03:29:59 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 03:33:47 pm »

Seems that's where we're at these days with folks who have exhausted any rational excuse for Trump and his staff's gross incompetence:  Lame memes.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 03:38:24 pm »

Still giving Trump to much credit!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2016, 03:49:39 pm »

The longer I look at the face in this photo, the more it screams "punch me!".  Seriously.

Anyone experience that?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 03:52:54 pm »

The longer I look at the face in this photo, the more it screams "punch me!".  Seriously.

Anyone experience that?

No, and that's an...odd reaction.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 03:54:32 pm »
He is never satisfied = 37% of vote and 45% of delegates means GOP system is corrupt. #mathematicians4Cruz @tedcruz

And, that is the bottom line.  Trump has disproportionately benefited and he's still complaining!

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2016, 03:55:26 pm »

Anyone experience that?

Not among those of us who are anti-Trump, we're not as predisposed to violence like Trump supporters are. Unfortunately it seems to be all that they know. Violence.

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2016, 03:57:10 pm »
No, and that's an...odd reaction.

Maybe.

It's just a creepy, snickering face.  Ah.. maybe it's just the photo.  Or at least I hope so.    ^-^
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 03:57:32 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2016, 03:59:01 pm »
Maybe.

It's just a creepy, snickering face.  Ah.. maybe it's just the photo.  Or at least I hope so.    ^-^

Well, perception is in the eye of the beholder.  So, the better question might be: why would you see it that way?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2016, 03:59:56 pm »
Maybe.

Loosen the tinfoil on the hat a bit...it helps.
The Republic is lost.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2016, 04:01:05 pm »

Anyone experience that?

No. Kind of a disturbing reaction no matter who the subject is.

• Technical
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2016, 04:02:25 pm »
No. Kind of a disturbing reaction no matter who the subject is.

I think RiV accidentally looked into a mirror.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2016, 04:03:16 pm »

« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 04:04:26 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Bill Cipher

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2016, 04:30:32 pm »

Anyone experience that?

Nope.  Maybe you should check on your CDS?