Author Topic: Ted Cruz Sweeps Colorado  (Read 2462 times)

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: Ted Cruz Sweeps Colorado
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2016, 03:55:43 pm »
Question to the moderators:

If certain members are crying like little girls, are we not supposed to call them out for it? How do I address their unrepentant whining without you feeling that I am attacking them personally?

If it were me, I'd explain it to them just as Abraxis has been doing.  Too easy to fall for Drudge headlines.  A little research and I think those who are not happy will move on to another thread.  New York is coming up soon enough.  :whistle:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2016, 03:58:40 pm »
Or just ignore them. Sometimes the response says everything you need to know, not in the way they may want.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2016, 04:21:55 pm »
Question to the moderators:

If certain members are crying like little girls, are we not supposed to call them out for it? How do I address their unrepentant whining without you feeling that I am attacking them personally?

No! And No personal attacks period!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2016, 04:29:41 pm »
No! And No personal attacks period!

I have and will continue to call them out without the need for personal attacks! If that is unacceptable you may as well get rid of me right now!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2016, 05:27:16 pm »
Or just ignore them. Sometimes the response says everything you need to know, not in the way they may want.

That's the secret.  Blaming Cruz for the fact that Trump is clueless reveals all you need to know about the poster.

btw, I don't know who's been out of line on this thread.  I don't believe civility demands never responding to what other posters are doing.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2016, 06:15:30 pm »
On the other hand, if someone is acting petulant and foolish,  no need to call them out on it. Let them dig their own hole.  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2016, 06:17:37 pm »
On the other hand, if someone is acting petulant and foolish,  no need to call them out on it. Let them dig their own hole.  ^-^

Indeed!  (A mistake I sometimes make). 

A few of them dig quite well.   ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2016, 11:40:16 pm »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2016, 12:07:14 am »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2016, 12:25:39 am »
It was Trump's choice to stage a hostile takeover of the GOP - from within the GOP.   If he and his "great people" don't know the rules they shouldn't have entered the game.

Exactly.  Trump is clueless.  :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2016, 01:21:02 am »
I ain't that smart, but I guess it's easy to win when the people don't get a vote!  ;)

Wouldn't it be great if we could run the whole country like this?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2016, 01:27:36 am »
I ain't that smart, but I guess it's easy to win when the people don't get a vote!  ;)

It's ok.  Obviously Trump ain't that smart either.   :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2016, 01:29:41 am »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2016, 01:30:27 am »

The people got a vote in precinct caucuses on March 1.  You've heard of caucuses, right?  Iowa was a caucus, Nevada is a caucus.  Voters show up, get in groups and vote for people to represent them.

Then the delegates vote.  It's all above board and perfectly legal. 

It makes as much sense as Trump winning 38% of the vote in Florida and taking ALL the delegates.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2016, 01:38:16 am »

What happened in Colorado on March 1st?

When you find the answer to that, you'll realize how much  you've been lied to in the past two days about what happened in Colorado.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2016, 01:38:33 am »
The people got a vote in precinct caucuses on March 1.  You've heard of caucuses, right?  Iowa was a caucus, Nevada is a caucus.  Voters show up, get in groups and vote for people to represent them.

Then the delegates vote.  It's all above board and perfectly legal. 

It makes as much sense as Trump winning 38% of the vote in Florida and taking ALL the delegates.

Winner take all makes less sense.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2016, 02:07:10 am »
Winner take all makes less sense.

Agreed.  Maybe Trump should ask his campaign manager what the hell happened before screaming foul?  I have a close friend here whose son is amateur US MMA champion for his weight class.  One time he agreed to a fight under Muay Tai rules, but didn't realize what they were.  He lost because he failed to look at the differences in rules and scoring from what he was used to.  Trump's campaign manager appears to have made the same mistake.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2016, 02:11:14 am »
Agreed.  Maybe Trump should ask his campaign manager what the hell happened before screaming foul?  I have a close friend here whose son is amateur US MMA champion for his weight class.  One time he agreed to a fight under Muay Tai rules, but didn't realize what they were.  He lost because he failed to look at the differences in rules and scoring from what he was used to.  Trump's campaign manager appears to have made the same mistake.

goopo

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2016, 02:12:14 am »

Trump shoots his mouth off first and thinks later.

Or never at all come to think of it.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2016, 02:16:10 am »
Agreed.  Maybe Trump should ask his campaign manager what the hell happened before screaming foul?

Maybe said campaign manager was too busy preparing his defense against Michelle Fields. ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2016, 02:17:02 am »

It looks like DT isn't interested in the truth.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2016, 02:18:44 am »
Maybe said campaign manager was too busy preparing his defense against Michelle Fields. ;)

Ouch!  :laugh:

Bill Cipher

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2016, 02:21:23 am »

:bigsilly:

HonestJohn

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2016, 02:26:47 am »
8888crybaby   8888crybaby   8888crybaby  I have given some of the Trump supporters way too much credit.  I should have known better.  Obviously, Trump doesn't fully understand the electoral process.  That shouldn't really come as any surprise as he obviously doesn't understand the function of the three branches of government or the Constitution either.

Trump's version of the U.S. Constitution:

You are going to be mine, all mine, like my dog or my horse or my falcon.

So he commands it to be written.  I doubt it will be done.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2016, 03:05:02 am »
Trump's version of the U.S. Constitution:

You are going to be mine, all mine, like my dog or my horse or my falcon.

So he commands it to be written.  I doubt it will be done.

To paraphrase (and mangle a bit) from the Lord of the Rings:

One Trump to rule them all,
One Trump to find them,
One Trump to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.