Author Topic: Many millions of Muslims 'fundamentally incompatible with the modern world', says Tony Blair  (Read 649 times)

rangerrebew

Many millions of Muslims 'fundamentally incompatible with the modern world', says Tony Blair
The Independent | Mar 27, 2016, 04.58 PM IST

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/uk/Many-millions-of-Muslims-fundamentally-incompatible-with-the-modern-world-says-Tony-Blair/articleshowprint/51572035.cms

Many millions of Muslims 'fundamentally incompatible with the modern world', says Tony Blair
Tony Blair has said that "many millions" of Muslims hold a viewpoint that is "fundamentally incompatible with the modern world."

Rejecting arguments that Isis is simply "tens of thousands of brainwashed crazies," he continued: "[ISIS] does not seek dialogue but dominance. It cannot therefore be contained. It has to be defeated."

To mitigate against such attacks, the ex-PM argued for "active on-the-ground military support" for Arab armies, stating that Isis "have to be crushed."

He also called for the creation of a pan-national anti-terror force, saying: "We must build military capability able to confront and defeat the terrorists wherever they try to hold territory. This is a challenge for the West."

His comments, made during a Sunday Times interview, come six months after he admitted that the existence of ISIS could be blamed on Western intervention in the Arab world during the second Iraq war.

Asked by a CNN interviewer in October 2015 whether he thought the invasion of Iraq was a "principle cause" of the rise of ISIS, he said:
File photo of former British Prime Minister Tony Blair. (AP photo)

"I think there are elements of truth in that... Of course you can't say that those of us who removed Saddam in 2003 bear no responsibility for the situation in 2015.

"But... it's not clear to me that even if our policy did not work, subsequent policies have worked better."

However, Blair's recent comments display a hawkish approach, provoked by the rise of ISIS and what he perceives as the threat of Islamist terror attacks on European soil. He criticised those who believe that "we have caused all of this through Western policy."

He warned that "increasingly frequent acts of terrorism" could culminate in an attack "of such size and horror" that it would result in "many more victims" than the recent attack on Brussels or 2015 attacks in Paris.

This is despite the fact that the number of European terror attacks and the number of fatalities in terrorist incidents has decreased significantly over the last two decades.

In 2014, a senior Isis commander told the Guardian that the Camp Bucca detention facility operated by the US-led coalition during the Iraq war was directly responsible for the rise of the theocratic state.

"It made it all, it built our ideology," he said. "We could never have all got together like this in Baghdad, or anywhere else."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 04:49:46 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Old Tony really went out on a limb on this one.  Did he mean 5-50 million or 100-500 million?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Tony Blair?  THE Tony Blair?

Interesting. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Nothing that scumbag says is of any interest to me.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

A-Lert

What was the clue that brought you to that conclusion, Tony?

rangerrebew

What was the clue that brought you to that conclusion, Tony?

He read it in the papers.  Didn't you know that's how all great western leaders get their information about the world? :whistle:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'm still not sure B-liar can read.

rangerrebew

I'm still not sure B-liar can read.

Well he must have hired a reader for himself. :silly:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Nothing that scumbag says is of any interest to me.

It would then follow that you feel there are fewer muslims of that incompatible nature ??

Study after study says that what he claims, is the fact.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Irrelevent. My comment was on the scum sucking shitweasel that made the statement. Not the statement.

As it happens though, there are millions of muslims who are incompatable with the Western world. They're called Wahhabis, and the virus is spread by Saudi Arabia.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Many millions of muslims 'fundamentally incompatible with the modern world', says Tony Blair"

Fishrrman's correction:
More than a billion muslims are 'fundamentally incompatible with the modern world'.

The world is going to have to figure out what to do about this.
If it doesn't, it will be islam that does something...