Author Topic: You’ll Be Shocked To Find Out What Donald Trump Thinks Easter Is About  (Read 3674 times)

Offline musiclady

Who is surprised that the words that come naturally to practicing Christians escape the mind of Donald Trump?

Why would a man who doesn't need forgiveness because he tries to be "good" understand the depths of the meaning of Easter?

This is no surprise at all.  There's not a genuine bone in Donald Trump's body.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You’ll Be Shocked To Find Out What Donald Trump Thinks Easter Is About

I'm not! Not in the least!  Trump is attempting to portray himself as something he is not and has never been and not doing a very good job of it IMHO!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

The impression I get is that, though he may be a Christian – he doesn’t feel comfortable in his Christian skin.   Publically proclaiming his faith in a Higher Power and humbling himself before God does not come easy for him. Unless the public proclamations brings attention back onto himself, such as his claim during the debate that nobody reads the Bible more than him.
That's possible.

To his supporters: I also don't believe it is appropriate for us to say whether he is or isn't a Christian. That is between him and God. But we certainly may observe and comment on what he's said on the topic.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Really - who the hell cares?

We all know WAY too many "Christians" who are front and center in church every Sunday, can recite catechism and bible verses forwards, backwards and sideways,  and who are still absolute shits the rest of the time.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sinkspur

We all know WAY too many "Christians" who are front and center in church every Sunday, can recite catechism and bible verses forwards, backwards and sideways,  and who are still absolute shits the rest of the time.

Trump likes to portray himself as some model Christian.  Christians are humble, and Trump has proven that, on the question of Easter, he has every reason to be.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

When someone who recently . . ./ 

A simple and straightforward "yes" would have been sufficient. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Nothing more than mere rationality

So your answer is "yes" -- conservatives now also have a litmus test for a candidate's answer to the meaning of Easter.

Thanks.   I'll add this to the growing list of political litmus tests for true conservatives. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

All of us do!  EVERY Church has members who go there on Sunday for the sole purpose of being seen there on Sunday!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Do conservatives now have a litmus test for what Easter means to a candidate?    **nononono*

Easter has no meaning for any but Christians and EVERY Christian knows what that meaning is!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

A simple and straightforward "yes" would have been sufficient.
That wasn't my response.
I'm not permitted to explain my answer or offer an opinion?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 05:35:09 pm by mountaineer »

Offline R4 TrumPence

If anyone listened to the phone call, The question was asked fast and he answered. It is all much ado about nothing! **nononono* **nononono*

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline NavyCanDo

Do conservatives now have a litmus test for what Easter means to a candidate?    **nononono*

Easter or even Christmas? No, for I would have no problems with voting for a conservative who is Jewish. But for me a voter, you bet I have a litmus test for a candidate if they put God as a center of their lives or not.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Easter or even Christmas? No, for I would have no problems with voting for a conservative who is Jewish. But for me a voter, you bet I have a litmus test for a candidate if they put God as a center of their lives or not.

Yes, it's not an issue of "which religion", but of honesty, integrity and self-awareness. 

A-Lert

Trumps detractors are irrational, small-minded and petty.

Mod note:  This post will stand for now.  Please refrain from similar posts in the future.  That goes for pro/anti people.  Labeling the "other" guy in such a way accomplishes nothing and it spreads.  Please stop.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 08:13:52 pm by Mod1 »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Trumps detractors are irrational, small-minded and petty.

Really?  I thought you didn't like personal attacks? 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

It's plural. Therefore not a personal attack ...  :chairbang:

Note: the above is sarcasm.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 07:24:26 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

A-Lert

What's personal? Purely an observation corroborated by the posts of anti-Trumps on this thread.

A-Lert

Easter has no meaning for any but Christians and EVERY Christian knows what that meaning is!

Trump wasn't asked what the meaning of Easter is. He wasn't asked why we celebrate Easter. He was asked what Easter meant to him .Easter means different things to different people. i.e. Family gatherings, new dresses, egg hunts,  Easter baskets, Easter Bunny, spring, et., etc.

Offline mountaineer

Trump wasn't asked what the meaning of Easter is. He wasn't asked why we celebrate Easter. He was asked what Easter meant to him .Easter means different things to different people. i.e. Family gatherings, new dresses, egg hunts,  Easter baskets, Easter Bunny, spring, et., etc.
Yes, that is understood. He was asked what Easter means to him and he answered. We simply are commenting on his response.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's plural. Therefore not a personal attack ...  :chairbang:

Note: the above is sarcasm.

Ah, thanks, EC.  I was confused.

Offline Mod1

What's personal? Purely an observation corroborated by the posts of anti-Trumps on this thread.

Please see note at #38 above. Please stop.

HonestJohn

You've beaten me to the punch.  I was going to write something similar.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You've beaten me to the punch.  I was going to write something similar.

Hopefully you also know some of us who take that Christianity stuff very seriously?