Author Topic: You’ll Be Shocked To Find Out What Donald Trump Thinks Easter Is About  (Read 3673 times)

Offline sinkspur

ELECTIONS
http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/27/youll-be-shocked-to-find-out-what-donald-trump-thinks-easter-is-about-video/?utm_campaign=atdailycaller&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social#ixzz447sR5fbE

You’ll Be Shocked To Find Out What Donald Trump Thinks Easter Is About [VIDEO]

STEVE GUEST

10:51 AM 03/27/2016

Donald Trump says Easter “represents family and get-together and — and something.”

Appearing on ABC’s “This Week,” on Easter Sunday, Trump was asked what Easter means to him and if he had an Easter tradition. The real estate mogul replied, “Well, it really means something very special. I’m going to church in an hour from now and it’s going to be — it’s a beautiful church. I’m in Florida.”

“And it’s just a very special time for me. And it really represents family and get-together and — and something, you know, if you’re a — a Christian, it’s just a very important day,” Trump said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/27/youll-be-shocked-to-find-out-what-donald-trump-thinks-easter-is-about-video/#ixzz447vwp5cX
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

Yep Donald It's kind of a big deal.... or sumthin.

Meanwhile, back in DC another devoute C & E Christian,  B.O. Obama attended services to pray for the those other Christians slaughtered in Pock-e-stan
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 06:04:02 pm by Wingnut »

Offline sinkspur

A real tweet:

User Actions   
Following

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
I wish everyone, including the haters and losers, a very happy Easter!

Think maybe he's missed something about Easter?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mountaineer

No, not shocked.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I wouldn't expect Donald Trump to know what Easter is about.  Donald is the Christian that has never asked for forgiveness.  He gets his little cracker and wine and he's good.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Wingnut

A real tweet:

He thinks it's about the Two Corinthians that when hunting for colored eggs.

Online NavyCanDo

A real tweet:

User Actions   
Following

‏@realDonaldTrump

Seriously, he tweeted that?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Chosen Daughter

This is really what Trump thinks about Easter.  He has no need for the Risen Lord Jesus Christ.  Why even go to church?
_________________________________________________________________________________________
After months of reflection, Donald Trump says he still doesn't regret his decision not to ask God for forgiveness for his sins.

In an interview on Sunday with CNN, the Republican presidential frontrunner said that he does not regret never asking God for forgiveness, partially because he says he doesn't have much to apologize for.

"I have great relationship with God. I have great relationship with the Evangelicals," Trump said in the interview before pivoting to his poll numbers among Evangelical voters.

"I like to be good. I don't like to have to ask for forgiveness. And I am good. I don't do a lot of things that are bad. I try to do nothing that is bad."

Trump was responding to a question from moderator Jake Tapper, who said that a Trump rival — who many suspect is Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) — conducted a telephone survey testing several lines of attack, including a jab questioning the reality-television star's religious convictions.

"He shouldn't be doing that," Trump said of the Cruz campaign's potential survey questions. "Very unethical."

Late last year, Trump told Republican pollster and focus-group guru Frank Luntz that when the real-estate mogul has done something wrong, he tries to correct his error without getting God involved.

"I am not sure I have," Trump said when asked if he'd ever asked God for forgiveness. "I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so," he said. "I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-on-god-i-dont-like-to-have-to-ask-for-forgiveness-2016-1
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:20:11 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Seriously, he tweeted that?

Direct link to his twitter feed. This was his 'greeting' last year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/584647721883148288

He is being more PC this year.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
There's something mentally wrong with this man.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Direct link to his twitter feed. This was his 'greeting' last year.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/584647721883148288

He is being more PC this year.

Happy Easter you haters and losers that Christ Jesus died on the Cross and was raised on the Third Day for.

www.loser.com

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

A real tweet:

User Actions   
Following

‏@realDonaldTrump

The reason Jesus paid for the sins of haters and losers with his blood is Jesus just wasn't a very good negotiator.

Wingnut

The reason Jesus paid for the sins of haters and losers with his blood is Jesus just wasn't a very good negotiator.

That was the post of the day....week....maybe longer.   

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That was the post of the day....week....maybe longer.

I'd have to agree with you.  Made me cringe, but that's because it's so on point.

Offline R4 TrumPence

Good Grief!!!!

They did not ask him the meaning of Easter!!
The articles get more stupid by the day :3:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Wingnut

Good Grief!!!!

The articles get more stupid by the day :3:

No...Trump gets more stupid by the minute.   
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:49:46 am by Wingnut »

Bill Cipher

Good Grief!!!!

The articles get more stupid by the day

You're playing very silly games of semantics.  They asked him what Easter meant to him.  What Easter means to someone is a pretty good indicator of what that person thinks the meaning of Easter is.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:57:37 am by Bill Cipher »

Offline Chosen Daughter

:thud:  That's it in the eyes of Trump.

A-Lert

ELECTIONS
http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/27/youll-be-shocked-to-find-out-what-donald-trump-thinks-easter-is-about-video/?utm_campaign=atdailycaller&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social#ixzz447sR5fbE

You’ll Be Shocked To Find Out What Donald Trump Thinks Easter Is About [VIDEO]

STEVE GUEST

10:51 AM 03/27/2016

Donald Trump says Easter “represents family and get-together and — and something.”

Appearing on ABC’s “This Week,” on Easter Sunday, Trump was asked what Easter means to him and if he had an Easter tradition. The real estate mogul replied, “Well, it really means something very special. I’m going to church in an hour from now and it’s going to be — it’s a beautiful church. I’m in Florida.”

“And it’s just a very special time for me. And it really represents family and get-together and — and something, you know, if you’re a — a Christian, it’s just a very important day,” Trump said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/27/youll-be-shocked-to-find-out-what-donald-trump-thinks-easter-is-about-video/#ixzz447vwp5cX

Another  :bsflag: headline. Appearing on ABC’s “This Week,” on Easter Sunday, "Trump was asked what Easter means to him and if he had an Easter tradition."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/27/youll-be-shocked-to-find-out-what-donald-trump-thinks-easter-is-about-video/#ixzz44Acq6nPM

He answered what it meant to him and his Easter tradition. He was NOT asked why we celebrate Easter.

Offline R4 TrumPence

Another  :bsflag: headline. Appearing on ABC’s “This Week,” on Easter Sunday, "Trump was asked what Easter means to him and if he had an Easter tradition."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/27/youll-be-shocked-to-find-out-what-donald-trump-thinks-easter-is-about-video/#ixzz44Acq6nPM

He answered what it meant to him and his Easter tradition. He was NOT asked why we celebrate Easter.
Exactly!  Trump can't even say hello without it being blown out of proportion.

Yet Cruz is still doing lawyer speak on the talk shows about the affairs :pondering:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Bill Cipher

:boring:

So we are to believe that Trump does not believe that Easter means what it means to him?  We are to believe that Trump (a) believes that Easter means X to him, but that (b) believes the meaning of Easter is ~X?

Well, OK.  But his supporters can have this cake and eat it, too, only at the cost of accepting that they're acting irrationally or engaging in deceitful games of semantics.  Which one will it be?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

So we are to believe that Trump does not believe that Easter means what it means to him? 

Do conservatives now have a litmus test for what Easter means to a candidate?    **nononono*

Offline mountaineer

Do conservatives now have a litmus test for what Easter means to a candidate?    **nononono*
When someone who recently has loudly proclaimed his Christian faith is asked what Easter means to him, one might expect his response to at least touch on the resurrection of Jesus Christ. If that's not what it means to Mr. Trump, that's okay and no one is handing out letter grades for the response. But don't be surprised or offended if some of us dare to comment on what seems a notable omission.

Given the scrutiny of this election season, the media microscope under which candidates are placed, perhaps they should be prepared for such a question.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online NavyCanDo

The impression I get is that, though he may be a Christian – he doesn’t feel comfortable in his Christian skin.   Publically proclaiming his faith in a Higher Power and humbling himself before God does not come easy for him. Unless the public proclamations brings attention back onto himself, such as his claim during the debate that nobody reads the Bible more than him.

I’m not a psychologist but I think Trump’s unusual amount  of narcissism and self admiration prevents him from publically proclaiming the beauty of the Gospel  and that we all fall short. Something that  comes easy for so many other Christians.   
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:30:55 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Bill Cipher

Do conservatives now have a litmus test for what Easter means to a candidate?    **

Nothing more than mere rationality, which Trump woefully lacks. 

« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:19:30 pm by Bill Cipher »