Author Topic: Pakistan explosion leaves many dead at Lahore park  (Read 1624 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Pakistan explosion leaves many dead at Lahore park
« on: March 27, 2016, 05:08:54 pm »
At least 50 people have been killed and many others injured in an explosion at a park in the eastern Pakistani city of Lahore, officials say.

It happened in the early evening when the park was crowded with families.

Police told the BBC it appeared to be a suicide bomb. No group has said it was behind the blast.

There is speculation that Christian families out for the Easter weekend may have been the target, says the BBC's Shaimaa Khalil, in Lahore.

All the major hospitals in the area have been put on an emergency footing, local media report.

The explosion appears to have been at the main gate to the Gulshan-e-Iqbal park in an area where cars are usually left - and a short distance from the children's swings.

Most of the dead and injured are women and children, a senior local police officer told Reuters news agency.

One eyewitness said there was chaos, with a stampede breaking out and children separated from their parents in the rush to escape.

Another told Pakistan's Geo TV station he was heading towards a ride with his wife and two children when he heard a huge bang and all four of them were thrown to the floor.

Facebook has activated its feature for people in Lahore to mark themselves as safe.

Lahore is the capital of Punjab, Pakistan's largest and wealthiest province and the political powerbase of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35908512
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

Re: Pakistan explosion leaves many dead at Lahore park
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 05:38:38 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/03/27/blast-near-pakistan-park-kills-10.html?intcmp=hpbt1

An explosion ripped through a crowded Pakistan park where Christians were celebrating Easter on Sunday, killing at least 60 people, officials told the

Security officials gather at the site of a blast in Lahore, Pakistan. (Reuters)

About 300 people were injured when a bomb detonated in the parking area of Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park in the eastern city of Lahore. A suicide bomber is suspected of being responsible for the blast, though authorities continue to investigate.

The explosion reportedly occurred just outside the exit gate and near rides for children.

A police superintendent told Reuters most of the dead were women and children. Salman Rafiq, an adviser to the chief minister of Punjab province, said many of the wounded are in a critical condition.

I am sure I missed the statement from the WH that we stand with the Christians and condemn this.  I am sure I missed it. 

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 05:41:56 pm »
Dozens of mothers and children are among 65 killed after a suicide bomber targeted Christians celebrating Easter in a park in Pakistan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3511528/Dozens-mothers-children-52-killed-suicide-bomber-targeted-Christians-celebrating-Easter-park-Pakistan.html

Around 300 people were injured in the attack in the centre of Lahore today
    No terrorist group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack on the park
    City is the heart of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's political base of Punjab
    Punjab launched an ongoing war against Taliban insurgents in the state

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 05:48:48 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/03/27/blast-near-pakistan-park-kills-10.html?intcmp=hpbt1

I am sure I missed the statement from the WH that we stand with the Christians and condemn this.  I am sure I missed it.

Yeah....... I'm sure Obama is broken up by this horror, as he is by all the horror being done against Christians by Muslim savages.....  **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 06:05:55 pm »
I searched google news for any indication Obama gave a rat's rear end about these latest victims. This is all I found:
Professional Yoga instructors will have sessions with thousands of Americans who are expected to throng the sprawling White House lawns in Washington on Monday for Easter Egg celebrations, the final Easter for Obama Administration.

A “Yoga Garden” is one of the 10 different zones that has been created for the event for which some 35,000 tickets have been issued for the people to come and enjoy the festivities.

On Friday, the White House announced the full programme, activities, and talent line-up for the 2016 White House Easter Egg Roll, a tradition in its 138th year and the largest annual public event at the White House.

In honour of the final Easter Egg Roll of the Obama Administration, this year’s theme is “Let’s Celebrate.”

The event will feature live music, sports courts, cooking stations, storytelling and, of course, Easter egg rolling. In support of the First Lady’s let’s Move! Initiative, this year’s event will also include the first-ever White House Fun Run, where Michelle Obama will join 250 children on a short run to promote active and healthy lifestyles for kids.

This year’s special guest is Tony Award Winning, Multi-Platinum Recording Artist, Idina Menzel.

Menzel will sing the National Anthem as well as perform on the Rock ‘n’ Egg Roll Stage.

In the Eggtivity Zone, the President’s Council on Fitness Sports & Nutrition as well as players and coaches from professional sports teams will teach kids how to play sports.

The first Lady, Michelle Obama has chosen the winning artwork from this year’s White House Easter Egg Roll Design Contest.

Elementary and middle school students from 19 states and two foreign countries have submitted artwork related to this year’s “Let’s Celebrate” theme.

Posters will be handed out as a prize to children who win the Easter Egg Roll and Egg Hunt.

The eggs first became part of the tradition in 1981 when President and Mrs Ronald Reagan hosted a hunt for wooden eggs that bore the signatures of actors, actresses, famous politicians and athletes.  link
Happy Easter (I guess it's Easter somewhere, just not at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. NW).

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 06:09:59 pm »
The Whitehouse released some boilerplate condemnation and sympathy thing about an hour ago. Looking for it.  :shrug:

Edit: found it.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 06:14:02 pm by EC »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 06:17:04 pm »
You can instantly tell that the Worm didn't bother saying it - it uses the word terrorism.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 06:18:55 pm »
The Whitehouse released some boilerplate condemnation and sympathy thing about an hour ago. Looking for it.  :shrug:

scourge......really.  Of course nothing about Christians. Heck I was surprised Cnn told the viewers it was a Christians that were targeted. They didn't do it right away, yet they did.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 06:27:09 pm »
Whitehouse statement:

Now, if you'll excuse Obama - he and Reggie Love are going to go "hide" some Easter eggs. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 06:34:13 pm »
Wow Cnn said it was a Easter gathering. I am surprised.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 06:42:27 pm »
Hussein will never ever under any circumstances condemn a Muslim brother for any reason. He simply can't do it even if he wanted to. Which he most certainly does not.

Obama has some deep and severe psychological issues. He explained them in his books. And he got elected anyway.

Oh well. Stupid people reap what they sow. And get what they deserve. What can you do?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 06:46:08 pm »
The Telegraph is putting the dead at 65 now. Over 200 injured.  **nononono*

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 06:51:36 pm »
The Telegraph is putting the dead at 65 now. Over 200 injured.  **nononono*
I see the Taliban is saying they did it. How many bombers do you think there was EC? I just found out recently how powerful the bombs are from the Brussels bombing. Only a few grams can blow off a hand?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2016, 07:00:11 pm »
Depends on what explosive they used, but for the reported damage it was 30 pounds of explosive, at the bare minimum. By the death toll, either two people in vests detonating simultaneously (to catch the maximum victims in a cross blast) or a motorbike/car bomb with heavy shrapnel packing. I'd lean towards the car bomb theory right now - people are surprisingly tough.

Edit to add - It was outdoors, so needs a larger amount. Closed spaces magnify the effects of explosives quite dramatically.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 07:07:43 pm by EC »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2016, 07:02:05 pm »

WOW! That should get their attention!  **nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2016, 07:15:26 pm »
The only positive thing from these constant bombings from "the religion of Peace" (lol); the only good way to look at it is to know that at least one more Muslim is DEAD. Blown up to Allah. Good bye, and go to hell. Cowards.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2016, 07:18:07 pm »
It's never the bloody imams, is it.

Offline flowers

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2016, 07:23:12 pm »
It's never the bloody imams, is it.
No it never is. I used to think that way back in the Arafat days. It was never any of his family that where used for homicide bombers.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2016, 07:25:53 pm »
Now, if you'll excuse Obama - he and Reggie Love are going to go "hide" some Easter eggs.
Heh.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2016, 07:47:44 pm »
PICTURES: Pakistan Bombing Kills 60 During Easter Celebration, Mostly Women and Children

Updates at link....

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/03/27/easter-explosion-in-pakistan-kills-55-mostly-women-and-children/

Offline flowers

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2016, 08:00:34 pm »
Taliban says it targeted Christians in a park on Easter Sunday, killing 65

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-pakistan-blast-20160327-story.html

A breakaway Pakistani faction of the militant Taliban group has claimed responsibility for an Easter Sunday bombing in a park in the eastern city of Lahore that killed 65 people.

Ahsanullah Ahsan, spokesman for Jamaat-ul-Ahrar, told the Associated Press that a suicide bomber with the faction deliberately targeted the Christian community.

The explosion took place near the children's rides in Gulshan-e-Iqbal park — which was crowded with Christians celebrating Easter — local police chief Haider Ashraf said. He said the explosion appeared to have been a suicide bombing, but investigations were ongoing.

The explosion killed 65 people and wounded over 300, said Deeba Shahnaz, a spokesman for Lahore rescue administration.

See the most-read stories this hour >>

Punjab's chief minister Shahbaz Sharif announced three days of mourning and pledged to bring the perpetrators to justice, said Zaeem Qadri, a spokesman for the provincial government.

The park was manned by police and private security guards, police chief Haider Ashraf said. "We are in a warlike situation and there is always a general threat but no specific threat alert was received for this place," he added.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:02:35 pm by flowers »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2016, 08:48:08 pm »

BREAKING: Massive SUICIDE Bombing At Children’s Park- 65 Dead, Hundreds Injured… Here’s What We Know

Dean James AMERICA’S FREEDOM FIGHTERS–

We have terrible news to report on this Easter Sunday- at least 65 people were killed and over 280 people were injured in a suicide bombing at a park in Pakistan. Most of the victims are women and children.

The blast occurred in the parking lot near the children’s swings, according to Reuters.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the blast, which occurred in a busy residential area during the Easter holiday weekend. Police said it was not clear whether the attack had deliberately targeted mainly Muslim Pakistan’s small Christian minority.

Pakistan, a nuclear-armed nation of 190 million people, is plagued by a Taliban insurgency, criminal gangs and sectarian violence. Punjab is its biggest and wealthiest province.

Eyewitnesses said they saw body parts strewn across the parking lot once the dust had settled after the blast.

“When the blast occurred, the flames were so high they reached above the trees and I saw bodies flying in the air,” said Hasan Imran, 30, a resident who had come to Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park for a walk.

Salman Rafique, a health adviser for the Punjab provincial government, put the death toll at at least 60 people.

“There are more than 280 injured people,” Rafique said. “Many are in operation theaters now being treated and we fear that the death toll may climb considerably.”

Mustansar Feroz, police superintendent for the area in which the park is located, said most of the injured and dead were women and children.

more at:     http://www.americasfreedomfighters.com/2016/03/27/massive-suicide-bombing-park/#
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2016, 09:59:34 pm »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2016, 10:04:25 pm »

Donald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump

Another radical Islamic attack, this time in Pakistan, targeting Christian women & children. At least 67 dead,400 injured. I alone can solve
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2016, 10:13:44 pm »
John Podhoretz ‏@jpodhoretz  29m29 minutes ago

"I alone can solve" is the new "what do I have to do to get you in a car today"
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.