Author Topic: Trump, Cruz vow to barricade Kasich from convention  (Read 322 times)

Offline flowers

Trump, Cruz vow to barricade Kasich from convention
« on: March 16, 2016, 06:19:41 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/trump-cruz-kasich-convention-220846

Advisers to Donald Trump and Ted Cruz say there's no way they'll allow John Kasich to even compete at a contested national convention — let alone prevail.

Trump and Cruz are betting that their dual dominance in the delegate hunt will permanently box out the Ohio governor, who has no mathematical path to the nomination and is openly pursuing a floor fight at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. And their aides say Kasich won't even make it to the floor.

“There is virtually zero chance he can even be nominated,” Saul Anuzis, a former Michigan Republican national committeeman who’s advising Cruz on his convention strategy, told POLITICO. “It’s a two-man race.”

Their confidence is rooted in the fact that Trump and Cruz are nearly certain to control the lion’s share of the 2,472 delegates participating in the July convention. Together, they’ve earned more than 1,000 delegate slots to Kasich’s 136. And those delegates will ultimately approve the rules that govern a contested convention.

In addition, a rule adopted at the 2012 convention — pushed by supporters of Mitt Romney to box out Ron Paul — requires that any candidate eligible for the nomination win the majority of delegates in eight states or territories. In 31 contests so far, Kasich’s only win came Tuesday night in Ohio — his home state — and it’s unlikely he’ll command majority support in seven of the remaining 20 contests.

Offline Carling

Re: Trump, Cruz vow to barricade Kasich from convention
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 06:21:22 pm »
flowers beat me by 11 seconds so I deleted my thread.

Buh bye, GOProgs!   :patriot: :0001: :beer:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 06:31:06 pm »

:laugh:

Bill Cipher

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 06:36:47 pm »

Hullo President Clinton (or worse, President Sanders).