Author Topic: Political Graphics II  (Read 815836 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Political Graphics II
« Reply #1850 on: September 30, 2019, 10:42:02 am »
@Smokin Joe

No kidding. I'd be doing stuff that got mentioned in the international news as "shocking".
At least we had enough sense to stay out of the county papers, if you get my drift...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1851 on: September 30, 2019, 04:48:18 pm »

« Reply #1852 on: September 30, 2019, 04:49:39 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1853 on: September 30, 2019, 05:46:44 pm »
At least we had enough sense to stay out of the county papers, if you get my drift...

@Smokin Joe

If you had the free time and were coherent enough to read the papers,you definitely weren't partying hard enough.

I have came to in different states than I was in when I started out the day. When you wake up in a strange house and don't remember how you got there or who it is you are with,where you met her,etc,etc,etc,the wise man will quietly dress and sneak out the door without waking anyone.

Unless of course she was hot. Which is not always the case. Trust me on this one.

The next trick is to find your car,find out where you are,and see if you have enough money to get back home.

I was once living in Virginia,and when it got to the point I could see clearly and reason again,I discovered I was in East St.Louis around midnight on a Saturday night,and the only white man in sight. To quote an old Tarzan movie,the natives weren't looking too friendly,either. Not only that,but all I had on me was a 6 shot revolver with no reloads. Nobody in history got sober quicker than I did that night. To this day I have no idea what the hell I was doing there.  I didn't even know anybody in St.Louis. Last thing I remember was going to party in Norfolk.

My best guess is that I must have met someone at the party  from St.Louis that needed a ride home and offered to pay the expenses if I would take him there.

I might have watched 10 hours of tv and read a dozen newspapers from 1964 to around 1980,but I doubt it. Had other priorities.

I do confess to reading a bunch of books,though. Mostly when I was too broke to party,but still........
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 05:56:05 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

« Reply #1854 on: September 30, 2019, 06:03:31 pm »
   Reminds me of a time in Nawlins 30 years ago, it was the first and last time I ever paid for a woman's company in a run down flea bag hotel right off Bourbon St, where you paid by the hour.  She slipped me a mickey, emptied my billfold, I had no idea where my car was parked and the (dot) Indian behind the bullet proof glass was demanding I pay for the extra towels as I stumbled out of his establishment, I shot him the bird.  Found my car 2 blocks away later that night.  Never outright paid for a woman's companion ever again.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1855 on: September 30, 2019, 07:34:56 pm »
@Smokin Joe

If you had the free time and were coherent enough to read the papers,you definitely weren't partying hard enough.

I have came to in different states than I was in when I started out the day. When you wake up in a strange house and don't remember how you got there or who it is you are with,where you met her,etc,etc,etc,the wise man will quietly dress and sneak out the door without waking anyone.

Unless of course she was hot. Which is not always the case. Trust me on this one.

The next trick is to find your car,find out where you are,and see if you have enough money to get back home.

I was once living in Virginia,and when it got to the point I could see clearly and reason again,I discovered I was in East St.Louis around midnight on a Saturday night,and the only white man in sight. To quote an old Tarzan movie,the natives weren't looking too friendly,either. Not only that,but all I had on me was a 6 shot revolver with no reloads. Nobody in history got sober quicker than I did that night. To this day I have no idea what the hell I was doing there.  I didn't even know anybody in St.Louis. Last thing I remember was going to party in Norfolk.

My best guess is that I must have met someone at the party  from St.Louis that needed a ride home and offered to pay the expenses if I would take him there.

I might have watched 10 hours of tv and read a dozen newspapers from 1964 to around 1980,but I doubt it. Had other priorities.

I do confess to reading a bunch of books,though. Mostly when I was too broke to party,but still........
I never woke up that far from home, but we tried to keep it in the next county over...
I didn't read the papers often, but my parents and relatives did.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online berdie

« Reply #1856 on: September 30, 2019, 08:25:12 pm »
You guys sound like "Wild Child"! @sneakypete @corbe @Smokin Joe , lol.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1857 on: September 30, 2019, 08:28:24 pm »
You guys sound like "Wild Child"! @sneakypete @corbe @Smokin Joe , lol.
Nothing really bad, even in my 'bad old days'.  Like I said, we stayed out of the County Papers. (Just good ol' boys having fun....)

C S Lewis

« Reply #1858 on: September 30, 2019, 10:41:40 pm »

Online corbe

« Reply #1859 on: September 30, 2019, 10:49:44 pm »
    I'm clean out of Ho stories.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1860 on: September 30, 2019, 11:24:19 pm »
    I'm clean out of Ho stories.

Thank goodness!

Online corbe

« Reply #1861 on: October 02, 2019, 03:06:02 am »

Online corbe

« Reply #1862 on: October 02, 2019, 03:11:12 am »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1863 on: October 02, 2019, 03:53:36 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #1864 on: October 03, 2019, 12:33:14 am »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1865 on: October 03, 2019, 01:46:22 am »
Somewhere,  there are "separated at birth" photos out there.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1866 on: October 03, 2019, 08:49:49 pm »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

« Reply #1867 on: October 04, 2019, 02:12:26 am »

You know the democrats will eventually figure out this 'Impeach Trump' $hit.

« Reply #1868 on: October 04, 2019, 03:20:08 am »

Online corbe

« Reply #1869 on: October 04, 2019, 04:28:13 am »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1870 on: October 04, 2019, 02:46:37 pm »

At least since Woodrow Wilson for sure.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #1871 on: October 05, 2019, 03:59:58 am »

« Reply #1872 on: October 05, 2019, 04:03:50 am »

« Reply #1873 on: October 05, 2019, 04:07:03 am »