Author Topic: Political Graphics II  (Read 817877 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Political Graphics II
« Reply #1725 on: August 31, 2019, 03:14:48 am »

Polish PM
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1726 on: August 31, 2019, 06:14:45 am »

Polish PM
:patriot:
The Poles have fought most of the 20th century for their freedom, even from their Soviet 'Liberators' (who divvied them up with the Nazis) after the rest of Western Europe was growing fat after WWII.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1727 on: August 31, 2019, 12:54:19 pm »
The Poles have fought most of the 20th century for their freedom, even from their Soviet 'Liberators' (who divvied them up with the Nazis) after the rest of Western Europe was growing fat after WWII.

And fought against an attempt by Lenin to reconquer Poland, successfully. I wonder if that was a factor in what became the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1728 on: August 31, 2019, 01:41:24 pm »

It is entirely possible that the Battle of Briton would have come out very differently but for a few Polish pilots flying for the RAF.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1729 on: August 31, 2019, 04:35:50 pm »
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 04:36:42 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1730 on: August 31, 2019, 05:08:54 pm »

« Reply #1731 on: August 31, 2019, 05:12:53 pm »

« Reply #1732 on: August 31, 2019, 05:25:41 pm »

« Reply #1733 on: August 31, 2019, 05:27:01 pm »

« Reply #1734 on: September 01, 2019, 02:07:29 pm »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1735 on: September 01, 2019, 03:21:54 pm »
Regarding the Steinle case, she should still be alive, because the guy who fired the guy is an illegal, and should not have been in the US. Period. However:

Kate Steinle murder trial: How the prosecution’s case fell apart

They could convict on first-degree or premeditated murder. They could opt for second-degree murder, requiring a finding that Garcia Zarate either intended to kill Steinle or intentionally committed a dangerous act with conscious disregard for human life. Or they could choose involuntary manslaughter, which would require a finding that Garcia Zarate caused Steinle’s death with an unlawful, negligent act.

To prove murder, Assistant District Attorney Diana Garcia needed to convince jurors that the round that killed Steinle had been fired intentionally. But this was a difficult task as the bullet first struck the pier’s concrete 12 to 15 feet from Garcia Zarate, then bounced and traveled 78 more feet to strike Steinle in the back as she strolled with her father.

“The evidence that Kate Steinle was killed with a ricochet shot, rather than a direct shot, makes it even tougher to prove to the jury beyond a reasonable doubt that it was an intentional killing,” said attorney Jim Hammer, a former city prosecutor.

Love it or hate it, charging Zarate with first degree murder was absurd However the gun came to fire, it clearly was not aimed. That left negligent homicide as the only possible option. Well the defense claimed the gun fired accidentally, and the prosecution was unable to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zarate pulled the trigger (the prosecutor absurdly claimed Zarate was playing some sort of "Russian Roulette", which was inconsistent with where the bullet struck the pavement). In short, the prosecutor absurdly overcharged, and could not even prove what may have been what happened.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1736 on: September 01, 2019, 04:20:44 pm »
Regarding the Steinle case, she should still be alive, because the guy who fired the guy is an illegal, and should not have been in the US. Period. However:

Kate Steinle murder trial: How the prosecution’s case fell apart

Love it or hate it, charging Zarate with first degree murder was absurd However the gun came to fire, it clearly was not aimed. That left negligent homicide as the only possible option. Well the defense claimed the gun fired accidentally, and the prosecution was unable to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zarate pulled the trigger (the prosecutor absurdly claimed Zarate was playing some sort of "Russian Roulette", which was inconsistent with where the bullet struck the pavement). In short, the prosecutor absurdly overcharged, and could not even prove what may have been what happened.
I agree with your assessment, the prosecution overreached, and couldn't prove intent, especially with a ricochet. They either knew better, or should have. So, the guy walks.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1737 on: September 01, 2019, 04:27:30 pm »
I agree with your assessment, the prosecution overreached, and couldn't prove intent, especially with a ricochet. They either knew better, or should have. So, the guy walks.

Facts are that he shouldn't have been in this country AND he sure as hell shouldn't have put a gun in his hand.

I don't give a damn about his intent.  Charge him with manslaughter, not murder.

What he did with 5 deportations, etc., ?  He should have been executed.  Enough of this insanity.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1738 on: September 02, 2019, 01:50:59 am »

From what I know as an outsider two counties away, I might have voted to convict on In voluntary Manslaughter. Because it sounds like the prosecutor did present expert testimony to the effect that accidental firing of that model was not possible. How strong it was, I don't know, but the absurd over-charging might have inclined the jury against that expert testimony.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1739 on: September 02, 2019, 05:42:54 am »
From what I know as an outsider two counties away, I might have voted to convict on In voluntary Manslaughter. Because it sounds like the prosecutor did present expert testimony to the effect that accidental firing of that model was not possible. How strong it was, I don't know, but the absurd over-charging might have inclined the jury against that expert testimony.
What make and model of firearm was involved?

C S Lewis

« Reply #1740 on: September 02, 2019, 02:43:25 pm »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1741 on: September 02, 2019, 04:05:42 pm »
What make and model of firearm was involved?

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Kate_Steinle :

García Zárate fired one shot from a .40-caliber SIG Sauer P239 handgun with a seven-cartridge magazine.

W'pedia footnotes https://abc7news.com/politics/bullet-that-killed-steinle-at-pier-14-appears-to-have-ricocheted/958526/ as the source for the gun model information.

Offline corbe

« Reply #1742 on: September 03, 2019, 02:19:09 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1743 on: September 03, 2019, 06:43:35 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1744 on: September 05, 2019, 01:54:13 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #1745 on: September 06, 2019, 12:40:02 am »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

« Reply #1747 on: September 06, 2019, 12:49:04 am »

« Reply #1748 on: September 06, 2019, 12:52:17 am »