Author Topic: Political Graphics II  (Read 818009 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Political Graphics II
« Reply #375 on: November 01, 2017, 02:39:07 pm »
What type of 'Cowboy' wears professionally laundered and STARCHED shirts?    :laugh:

He's at a rodeo.  Of course you wear a nice shirt to the rodeo.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #376 on: November 01, 2017, 02:42:58 pm »
He's at a rodeo.  Of course you wear a nice shirt to the rodeo.

:patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #377 on: November 01, 2017, 03:42:21 pm »
What type of 'Cowboy' wears professionally laundered and STARCHED shirts?    :laugh:

The kind that own a whole drawer full of World Champion belt buckles!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #378 on: November 01, 2017, 04:20:25 pm »
This is more of a local interest, but important to me nonetheless:

New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #379 on: November 01, 2017, 04:22:32 pm »

Might be instructive.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #380 on: November 02, 2017, 03:20:26 pm »

@jmyrlefuller
Thanks!  I'm forwarding this on to voters in NY.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #381 on: November 03, 2017, 03:22:49 am »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #382 on: November 03, 2017, 03:30:30 am »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #383 on: November 03, 2017, 02:49:10 pm »

@jmyrlefuller

Followup. 
I've gotten an earful.  It looks like supporters haven't truly addressed some of the points.
There's no guarantee pensions wouldn't be impacted.
The SAFE Law and other anti-gun wording could be put into the state Constitution.
Etc.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #384 on: November 03, 2017, 03:06:38 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

Followup. 
I've gotten an earful.  It looks like supporters haven't truly addressed some of the points.
There's no guarantee pensions wouldn't be impacted.
The SAFE Law and other anti-gun wording could be put into the state Constitution.
Etc.
- Actually, there is a guarantee, and it's in the federal constitution. The state literally has no power to take away any pension that has already been promised. It falls under the Constitution, which grants the federal government sole power over bankruptcies and the such. So the fearmongering about Cuomo taking away pensions (and I'll note: the governor has absolutely no say in a convention, which is another misconception the naysayers are throwing around) is simply untrue. Even the proposed amendment up for vote this year—the one taking away pensions from those convicted of crimes—may not pass constitutional muster if it gets challenged.

Besides, I know of no delegates that have any serious thoughts of raiding the pension fund, and any amendment including a pension raid would probably fail in the required referendum. The fund is currently making boffo returns (11% APR or so, last I heard) in the stock market, and the state (because there's a balanced-budget amendment already in place) is not short on funds. What may need to be addressed in a con-con is the practice of subsidizing the fund's losses in recession. Right now, those losses get passed on to county and municipal governments, who must raise property taxes (and BTW, pension fund taxes are exempt from Cuomo's tax cap, so they can't be stopped) that are already among the highest in the nation.

- The current constitution did not prevent the SAFE Act from being passed. A constitutional convention could restore firearms rights just as easily. Given the weight of the delegation, which is based on the Senate, upstate New York will have a wider say than in the state legislature, and upstate has been most vehement against the SAFE Act. There's a better chance of repealing the SAFE Act in a con-con than making it ironclad.

@Suppressed
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 03:14:37 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #385 on: November 03, 2017, 03:17:00 pm »
Another point:

- The 204 delegate seats being opened (15 at-large, 3 from each of the 63 Senate districts) are all open seats, with no incumbents to face. It will be much easier for reformers to get into a convention delegation than in the current legislature where incumbents get entrenched. Any incumbent who opposed this is going to have a hard time facing their constituents asking for one of the seats for something they didn't want to even exist.

IF this passes (and most polls have shown support is slightly in favor of this, despite the media blitz, although I fear the union GOTV machine might kill it, hence why I'm pushing this harder than most political issues) I'm seriously considering a run for one of the seats myself.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 03:19:36 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #386 on: November 03, 2017, 07:11:37 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #387 on: November 04, 2017, 11:50:05 am »

« Reply #388 on: November 04, 2017, 12:07:23 pm »
DEMOCRATS PROPOSE ALTERNATE POSTCARD TAX FORM

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #389 on: November 04, 2017, 08:53:14 pm »

Obviously a 'pitcher', from the results of her policies as SofS.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #390 on: November 05, 2017, 05:17:21 pm »

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #391 on: November 07, 2017, 12:29:02 am »

@Mod1
@Mod2
@MOD3
@MOD4
@MOD8
@mystery-ak

I don't know why this is showing up so huge, nor do I know how to fix it. Can someone help, please?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 12:37:30 am by AllThatJazzZ »

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline MOD8

« Reply #392 on: November 07, 2017, 01:09:54 am »
That is posted as an attachment. If it was posted as an image link, you would type [img width=x00]  the link [/  img] without the space between the / and img, and with x being a number from (generally) 1 to 6. The smaller the number, the smaller the image, and you don't have to use even hundreds, you can use 450 for instance. 

But that only works for linked images, not attachments.

If you can repost the image as a link instead of an attachment, you can scale it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 01:10:59 am by MOD8 »

Online AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #393 on: November 07, 2017, 01:21:52 am »
That is posted as an attachment. If it was posted as an image link, you would type [img width=x00]  the link [/  img] without the space between the / and img, and with x being a number from (generally) 1 to 6. The smaller the number, the smaller the image, and you don't have to use even hundreds, you can use 450 for instance. 

But that only works for linked images, not attachments.

If you can repost the image as a link instead of an attachment, you can scale it.

Thanks, @MOD8. I tried navigating my way around Flickr so I could upload my graphics via link, but I could never figure out how to successfully post a URL. That little X in my tagline is supposed to be a graphic. I got frustrated when I couldn't make it work and gave up. The other photo hosting sites I used to use were easier for me.

Online AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #394 on: November 07, 2017, 01:27:56 am »

Offline MOD8

« Reply #395 on: November 07, 2017, 02:28:21 am »
Much better!  :thumbsup:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #396 on: November 07, 2017, 02:43:17 pm »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #397 on: November 09, 2017, 04:32:26 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #398 on: November 09, 2017, 04:46:23 pm »

« Reply #399 on: November 09, 2017, 04:49:23 pm »