Author Topic: Political Graphics II  (Read 818474 times)

Offline verga

Re: Political Graphics II
« Reply #3500 on: October 23, 2020, 04:12:43 pm »

I was raised within sight of Canada across the Niagara River at the Peace Bridge into Ontario.

Could go to lunch in Canada and be back to work in an hour.
Went to ECC north Late 70's. On Fridays between classes we would go over the border to Fort Erie, fill up on Cheap Canadian gas. and pick up a case of John Labatt's Extra Stock for the weekend and be back in time for the afternoon lab.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3501 on: October 23, 2020, 04:17:16 pm »

This is a painting (mural) that a guy has painted on an old grain elevator here in Monett, MO. And the picture does not do it justice. It is absolutely gorgeous.

@roamer_1

I sincerely hope this is the first thing you see every time you walk out of your house.   :tongue2:

@DCPatriot

Holy crap! 

That guy's talent is beyond amazing!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3502 on: October 23, 2020, 04:19:03 pm »
@roamer_1 @DCPatriot

An oldie but (maybe) goodie:

A blonde was a contestant on a game show in LA.  She was asked, "what is further away; Texas or the moon?" She shrugged and said, "Well, I can't see Texas..."

@Lando Lincoln

Don't tell me,let me guess. She moved to LA and was elected to political office?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3503 on: October 23, 2020, 05:40:24 pm »

I was raised within sight of Canada across the Niagara River at the Peace Bridge into Ontario.

Could go to lunch in Canada and be back to work in an hour.

I miss Alberta... Back in the day, the border was pretty lax... I was sparkin a gal who lived over the border, so I got to know the BP pretty good at the little bitty station on the north fork of the Flathead.
Spent a lot of time up that way on the ranches and nearly got to ride broncs at the Calgary Stampede (2nd string).

But the border got tightened up now, and it's too much of a process...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3504 on: October 23, 2020, 06:00:19 pm »
I miss Alberta... Back in the day, the border was pretty lax... I was sparkin a gal who lived over the border, so I got to know the BP pretty good at the little bitty station on the north fork of the Flathead.
Spent a lot of time up that way on the ranches and nearly got to ride broncs at the Calgary Stampede (2nd string).

But the border got tightened up now, and it's too much of a process...

LOL!   I feel ya, @roamer_1

My brother owns a home in Thunder Bay/Crystal Beach about 20 minutes from the Peace Bridge in Ontario.

Now that they require a passport to get inside, I can't go...owe the IRS over $1M dollars and they're worried I'd skip to Belize or somewhere.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3505 on: October 23, 2020, 06:06:16 pm »
LOL!   I feel ya, @roamer_1

My brother owns a home in Thunder Bay/Crystal Beach about 20 minutes from the Peace Bridge in Ontario.

Now that they require a passport to get inside, I can't go...owe the IRS over $1M dollars and they're worried I'd skip to Belize or somewhere.   :laugh:

@DCPatriot
I know right? I have never owned a passport in my life. Went over the border all the time on my MT driver's license. Not no more.

IRS: Oof. That's a bill... I know that particular pain too.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 06:07:34 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3506 on: October 23, 2020, 06:13:39 pm »
I can't go...owe the IRS over $1M dollars and they're worried I'd skip to Belize or somewhere.   :laugh:

Tell them to take it out of your portion of the Social Security Trust Fund.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3507 on: October 23, 2020, 06:16:47 pm »
@DCPatriot
I know right? I have never owned a passport in my life. Went over the border all the time on my MT driver's license. Not no more.

IRS: Oof. That's a bill... I know that particular pain too.

I knew we must have something in common!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3508 on: October 23, 2020, 06:21:17 pm »
Tell them to take it out of your portion of the Social Security Trust Fund.

:laugh:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3509 on: October 23, 2020, 07:10:02 pm »
I knew we must have something in common!    :beer:

@DCPatriot
Well, DID have in common... That was more than a decade ago... And I still get night terrors. I DESPISE revenuers. One trip down that road was more than enough. Dang near destroyed me.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3510 on: October 23, 2020, 07:15:48 pm »
@DCPatriot
Well, DID have in common... That was more than a decade ago... And I still get night terrors. I DESPISE revenuers. One trip down that road was more than enough. Dang near destroyed me.

How anyone can consider themselves free when an agency of the Feral Government can destroy them anytime it chooses is beyond me!

The Marxist income tax, and its handmaiden IRS, are absolutely antithetical to freedom!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3511 on: October 23, 2020, 07:23:03 pm »
How anyone can consider themselves free when an agency of the Feral Government can destroy them anytime it chooses is beyond me!

The Marxist income tax, and its handmaiden IRS, are absolutely antithetical to freedom!

That's a FACT. By the time my trouble was done, it was over nothing... But it took 3 torturous years to beat it. And a ton of money in lawyers and lost work.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3512 on: October 23, 2020, 07:24:52 pm »
@DCPatriot

I hear ya! 

Thank God, they've decided to wait until I die to pick at my bones. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3513 on: October 23, 2020, 07:40:36 pm »

They'll take your house if you don't pay Property Tax.  No income tax involved.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3514 on: October 23, 2020, 09:08:50 pm »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3515 on: October 23, 2020, 09:10:50 pm »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3516 on: October 23, 2020, 09:21:49 pm »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3517 on: October 23, 2020, 09:39:28 pm »
Excellent graphic @Bigun.

Thanks @Lando Lincoln

I thought it to be appropriate about now.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

« Reply #3518 on: October 24, 2020, 10:20:10 am »

Stole and p[osted witht he following caption:Some politicians want to end drilling for oil. These are some of the consumer products that require oil.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3519 on: October 24, 2020, 01:34:31 pm »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3520 on: October 24, 2020, 01:40:08 pm »

Neither did the people who examined the laptop contents....

In the words of Idi Amin "The Archbishop has had a terrible accident..."
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3521 on: October 27, 2020, 11:31:52 am »
Dear @HillaryClinton

Happy birthday! This year, we got you Supreme Court JUSTICE Amy Coney Barrett! Hope you enjoy!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3522 on: October 27, 2020, 03:21:06 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3523 on: October 27, 2020, 04:42:09 pm »
Dear @HillaryClinton

Happy birthday! This year, we got you Supreme Court JUSTICE Amy Coney Barrett! Hope you enjoy!

@Elderberry

All I can add to that is "P.S. If this seems to be too much for you to bear,there is sure to be some poison in the bathroom or kitchen that can provide you with the rest you so desperately need."

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3524 on: October 27, 2020, 07:06:54 pm »
Neither did the people who examined the laptop contents....

In the words of Idi Amin "The Archbishop has had a terrible accident..."
What Idi Amin really said "the Archbishop dinner was tasty....."