Author Topic: 10 Groceries That Are in Short Supply — or Soon May Be  (Read 2028 times)

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: 10 Groceries That Are in Short Supply — or Soon May Be
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2022, 03:03:45 am »
I was recently crowing about finding eggs for 50cents a dozen and buying a ton of them... Amazing how fast we went through them... Yep, 10 dozen eggs gone in a matter of weeks. Just wow.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2022, 09:11:53 am »
Find a good Farmer's Market and buy spices.  I still have some that I bought over 10 years ago. I don't know what the shelf life is, but they put them in small paper bags and I got a load of spices for relatively cheap.  No McCormicks needed.

I get most all that off the Azure truck... Super cheap in bulk. And I get them big shaker cans from over at the Costco... brown gravy and chicken gravy... stuff like that.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2022, 08:00:41 pm »
It looks like many of these products were discontinued awhile ago.  When its' gone it's gone.

I haven't been able to find Classico Alfredo Sauce Reserve since the pandemic first started.

Now the alfredo and spaghetti' sauces are gone.
Before I noticed a run on pasta during the shutdowns.
Now to get too far off topic, but the city of Houston had a boil water notice a week ago.
I don't live in the city, and our area didn't have the boil water notice, but it didn't stop the fools from hoarding bottled water.
I went to buy some charcoal and people were grabbing whole carts full of water.
 **nononono*