Author Topic: Michelle Obama will attend Nancy Reagan's funeral  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Paladin

Michelle Obama will attend Nancy Reagan's funeral
« on: March 08, 2016, 06:41:16 am »
"First lady Michelle Obama will attend the funeral of Nancy Reagan on Friday, a White House official said Monday.

The former first lady will be laid to rest beside her husband during a private ceremony at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, Calif.

President Obama will not attend the funeral. He is scheduled to appear at the South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas, on Friday."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/272148-michelle-obama-will-attend-nancy-reagans-funeral
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Michelle Obama will attend Nancy Reagan's funeral
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 06:46:12 am »
I bet she fought like hell not to go.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 07:10:37 am »
Related:

"WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama has ordered flags flown at half-staff in memory of Nancy Reagan.

The White House released a proclamation Monday directing federal building, embassies, military posts and naval vessels to lower flags to half-staff “as a mark of respect” for the former first lady."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/07/obama-orders-flags-flown-at-half-staff-for-nancy-reagan/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 01:43:06 pm »
This is where Obammy will be instead.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 01:49:09 pm »
I would rather they both just stay away...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 02:52:09 pm »

Me too.

I don't want to see Michelle's scowling face at the funeral of a REAL First Lady.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 02:56:19 pm »
Guess Barry didn't go because he couldn't figure out how to get a good selfie with Nancy.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 03:04:13 pm »
The funeral event will be difficult to plan and execute. Rain is forecast, so they will have large tents on standby.

Often when it rains in SoCal this time of year, it is a violent storm. High winds etc. That was the case day before yesterday.

But when the storm has passed, skies turn clear and beautiful, with a chill edge.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 04:10:24 am »
First Lady Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton are scheduled to attend Nancy Reagan's private funeral Friday at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley.

President Obama, however, won't attend and will instead be at the South by Southwest tech conference in Austin, Texas, according to several media outlets.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-michelle-obama-hillary-clinton-will-attend-reagan-funeral-20160308-story.html

Offline Carling

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 04:17:21 am »
I don't really have a problem with this at all, and I can't stand the sight of Obama or the sound of his robotic voice.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 04:20:24 am »
I don't really have a problem with this at all, and I can't stand the sight of Obama or the sound of his robotic voice.

===============================

His simply standing there at the funeral service would certainly detract from both Ronald's and Nancy's memory.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 06:29:08 am »
===============================

His simply standing there at the funeral service would certainly detract from both Ronald's and Nancy's memory.

Better that he won't be there. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 06:35:17 am »
Chubaca and Yoda could stay home too, as far as I am concerned!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 12:56:10 pm »
It's right that Michelle Obama attends the funeral.  I don't even care if she's dragged kicking and screaming.  She has responsibilities as the current FLOTUS and this is one of them.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 04:27:42 pm »

Yep.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 05:07:06 pm »
It's right that Michelle Obama attends the funeral.  I don't even care if she's dragged kicking and screaming.  She has responsibilities as the current FLOTUS and this is one of them.
That is correct. High offices are, in part, ceremonial and traditional. Why else does the UK keep their monarchy ??

Mr. & Mrs. Reagan were the best, and Simi Valley is a great setting and facility.

Weather forecast is for rain, however. They reportedly have huge tents at the ready, should they be needed. We can use every drop, and this storm series is cold, than previously during the season. That means snowpack in the High Sierras.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Paladin

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 08:36:55 pm »

How true. How true. As Michelle herself has noted:

"Life is hard for First Lady.

First Lady Michelle Obama went on Ellen yesterday. The poor woman lamented about the “hard life” she endures at the White House

“The one thing people don’t realize is, we can’t do little things like open windows… I haven’t been in a car with the window open for like seven years… There are prison-like elements, but it’s a really nice prison.”

It's almost as if we were back in the early 1800's and the WH was a cotton plantation. I feel so sorry for her.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 08:39:32 pm »

First Lady Michelle Obama went on Ellen yesterday. The poor woman lamented about the “hard life” she endures at the White House

“The one thing people don’t realize is, we can’t do little things like open windows… I haven’t been in a car with the window open for like seven years… There are prison-like elements, but it’s a really nice prison.”

It's almost as if we were back in the early 1800's and the WH was a cotton plantation. I feel so sorry for her.

We all feel her pain..........

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline flowers

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2016, 08:47:20 pm »

she hasn't been in a car with windows in seven years......yet she has used AF1 as her personnel taxi at the price of millions of dollars. Pfft.

rangerrebew

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2016, 12:43:28 pm »
Obama Is Skipping Nancy Reagan’s Funeral
Posted by: Nicole Sanders (@nikisands3) on March 9, 2016

http://shark-tank.com/2016/03/09/obama-is-skipping-nancy-reagans-funeral/

Once again President Barack Obama is skipping an important funeral. Not to long ago he skipped Justice Antonio Scalia’s funeral as well.

Breibart reported Obama is skipping Reagan’s funeral so he can go to an Southwest Interactive Festival in Texas to talk about global warming.

According to the White House First Lady Michelle Obama will attend Reagan’s funeral instead.

It appears modern day president’s do not traditionally attend the funerals of former First Ladies. When Betty Ford died in 2011, former First Ladies Rosalynn Carter, Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton and Nancy Reagan all attended. Former President George W. Bush attended as well. President Obama and former President Clinton did not attend.

Obama spoke favorably of Nancy Reagan on Monday. He said:

I think it’s been well documented the extraordinary love she had for her husband, and the extraordinary comfort and strength she provided him during really hard times. As someone who is lucky enough to have an extraordinary partner in my life as well, I know how much she meant not just to President Reagan but to the country as a whole. He was lucky to have her . . .  She will be missed.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 12:44:13 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2016, 12:45:26 pm »
There were two problems Obama simply could not avoid so he could go to the funeral.  She was white and she was a republican. :whistle:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2016, 02:07:47 pm »
Nothing unusual about this. It's pretty much expected behavior for a current First Lady to attend a funeral for a former First Lady.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Paladin

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2016, 09:04:00 pm »
Nothing unusual about this. It's pretty much expected behavior for a current First Lady to attend a funeral for a former First Lady.

Maybe so but that isn't the main issue. That her husband won't is.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2016, 09:47:51 pm »
Maybe so but that isn't the main issue. That her husband won't is.

I'm not a member of the Reagan family,but if I were I would be offended if he DID come.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 09:48:45 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2016, 10:12:22 pm »
I'm not a member of the Reagan family,but if I were I would be offended if he DID come.

Oh, me too................