Author Topic: Idaho pastor shot after praying with Ted Cruz  (Read 7746 times)

Wingnut

Idaho pastor shot after praying with Ted Cruz
« on: March 07, 2016, 03:00:27 pm »
On Saturday, pastor Tim Remington put his arm around Ted Cruz and then delivered a rousing invocation at a campaign rally in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.

Now Remington is on the receiving end of prayers after being shot in the skull and back after his Sunday sermon.

Early Monday morning, authorities identified a suspect in the unholy shooting: a 30-year-old local man and former Marine named Kyle Andrew Odom.

As authorities launched a manhunt for Odom, questions remained over a possible motive, particularly whether the shooting was in any way related to Remington’s appearance with Cruz roughly 24 hours earlier.

“Odom should be considered to be armed and dangerous,” Coeur d’Alene Police said in a statement posted to Facebook.

Some members of Remington’s Altar Church speculated that the shooting might have stemmed from the pastor’s efforts to help drug addicts.

Remington’s supporters, meanwhile, called his survival nothing short of a “miracle.”

“One of the bullets TRIED to enter the brain but stopped at the skull,” Roger Crigger, a family friend wrote on Facebook. “Emergency room [technicians] and [doctors] are calling this a miracle, I’m saying, by today’s worldly standards it IS a miracle.”

The strange shooting came on the heels of a rare campaign rally in the city of 46,000, tucked into the northwestern corner of Idaho about 75 miles from the Canadian border.

This weekend should have been an uplifting moment for Remington, 55. Instead, it soon turned hellish.

Originally from Riverside, Calif., Remington was not your typical Evangelical preacher. Pastor Tim, as he liked to be called, and his wife, Cindy, used to run a coffee house in San Bernardino.

“It was there they became interested in street ministry and the people that are typically ignored; those who have problems with drugs, alcohol, and perversion,” according to Altar Church’s website. “The street ministry days, from San Bernardino to L.A., taught Tim more about drugs and alcohol than all the education he ever had.”

On Saturday, that good work appeared to be rewarded when Remington gave the invocation at Cruz’s Coeur d’Alene rally. The pastor and the presidential candidate also locked arms and prayed, eyes closed and heads bowed, before Cruz delivered a fiery speech denouncing radical Islam and Donald Trump to around 3,000 supporters, according to the Spokesman-Review.

A day later, Remington was walking to his car after delivering a Sunday sermon when he was ambushed.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/idaho-pastor-shot-in-the-skull-after-praying-with-ted-cruz-manhunt-underway-for-former-marine/ar-BBqqKhy?li=BBnbfcL

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Idaho pastor shot after praying with Ted Cruz
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 08:21:04 pm »
Pastor Tim Remington was shot six times Sunday, just one day after Remington led a rally for presidential candidate Ted Cruz.  The shooter has been identified as  30-year-old Kyle Odom. Witnesses say Odom waited inside his car for Pastor Remington to end Sunday services before brazenly attacking the religious leader from behind outside the Altar Church in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.

Remington was found with multiple gunshots wounds to the lung, head, hip and shoulder.....

....Many are claiming that Odem was a supporter of presidential candidate Donald Trump and he was upset that his Pastor led a rally for Cruz, although that has not been officially confirmed....

http://dcgazette.com/2016/deadly-politics-alleged-trump-supporter-shoots-ted-cruzs-pastor-6-times-in-church-parking-lot/#

Offline Paladin

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 08:25:53 pm »
"Many are claiming that Odem was a supporter of presidential candidate Donald Trump and he was upset that his Pastor led a rally for Cruz, although that has not been officially confirmed...."

AbaraXas, you are better than this. Posting about the pastor being shot is fine, but adding the unconfirmed accusations is beneath you.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 08:26:44 pm »
What's his FR username?

Offline ABX

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 08:27:01 pm »
"Many are claiming that Odem was a supporter of presidential candidate Donald Trump and he was upset that his Pastor led a rally for Cruz, although that has not been officially confirmed...."

AbaraXas, you are better than this. Posting about the pastor being shot is fine, but adding the unconfirmed accusations is beneath you.

I didn't add it, the source article did. Several sources are saying the same thing.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 08:29:13 pm »
Many are claiming that Odem was a supporter of presidential candidate Donald Trump and he was upset that his Pastor led a rally for Cruz, although that has not been officially confirmed.

==============================

Interesting.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 08:29:31 pm »
I didn't add it, the source article did. Several sources are saying the same thing.

And you couldn't excise those comments? I thought you were a computer expert.

And "Several sources are saying the same thing."? My, that makes it official doesn't it?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline ABX

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 08:31:24 pm »
And you couldn't excise those comments? I thought you were a computer expert.

And "Several sources are saying the same thing."? My, that makes it official doesn't it?

I don't take stuff out simply because you don't like it.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 08:37:18 pm »
I don't take stuff out simply because you don't like it.

Lol. Do you really think I said you shouldn't post it because I don't like it?

Or could it be because it is an unproven accusation that might be politically motivated, and therefore not spread until proof is provided. In addition, I might also think being party to such conduct is beneath a poster I otherwise admire? Could that be it instead?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 08:39:40 pm »
That's terrible!

http://youtu.be/ESOdME2JhP0

OK, posted correctly now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:40:10 pm by Sanguine »

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 08:40:06 pm »
Suspect is Kyle Odom. Supposedly a meth head, supposedly personal vendetta, not political.

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 08:40:29 pm »
Milo Yiannopoulos ‏@lenardgamergate  4h4 hours ago
If Kyle Odom supported any Republican we would already be seeing his social media splattered all over TV. He's a Democrat.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 08:45:06 pm »
Suspect is Kyle Odom. Supposedly a meth head, supposedly personal vendetta, not political.

===========================

sshhhhh ...

We don't want that to get out.

Offline ABX

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 08:48:39 pm »
Lol. Do you really think I said you shouldn't post it because I don't like it?

Or could it be because it is an unproven accusation that might be politically motivated, and therefore not spread until proof is provided. In addition, I might also think being party to such conduct is beneath a poster I otherwise admire? Could that be it instead?

Then take the complaint to the source article. They felt it an important enough point to make it part of the title, not just a byline in the article.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 08:53:23 pm »
Then take the complaint to the source article. They felt it an important enough point to make it part of the title, not just a byline in the article.

Yeah, about that:

"Pastor Tim Remington was shot six times Sunday, just one day after Remington led a rally for presidential candidate Ted Cruz.  The shooter has been identified as  30-year-old Kyle Odom. Witnesses say Odom waited inside his car for Pastor Remington to end Sunday services before brazenly attacking the religious leader from behind outside the Altar Church in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.

Remington was found with multiple gunshots wounds to the lung, head, hip and shoulder.

“One of the bullets tried to enter the brain but stopped at the skull, one of the bullets busted his hip, one fractured his shoulder pretty bad, but he is and will continue to be alive and serving God!” Roger Crigger, a family friend, told the Spokesman Review.

Despite being shot six times, Remington  is expected to make a full recovery. Odem fled before authorities could reach the church parking lot. He is still on the run and authorities say he is armed and dangerous.'

http://dcgazette.com/2016/deadly-politics-alleged-trump-supporter-shoots-ted-cruzs-pastor-6-times-in-church-parking-lot/#

And I'm not even a computer expert.

A-Lert

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 09:13:21 pm »

Too late, damage done as planned.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 09:23:43 pm »

Oh, please!

The story was reported as posted.  If things change, then those should be reported also.  I can't believe you're busting AbaraXas' chops because you don't like the suggestion in the story!

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 09:26:34 pm »

so now Rumor and innuendo are rperoted as "news". NOTHING in the story links the shooter to Trump. Utterly garbage posting. Without a shred of merit.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 09:27:10 pm »

As planned???  By whom??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 09:27:19 pm »
so now Rumor and innuendo are rperoted as "news". NOTHING in the story links the shooter to Trump. Utterly garbage posting. Without a shred of merit.

So, write to the newspaper.

Offline Carling

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 09:28:08 pm »
Oh, please!

The story was reported as posted.  If things change, then those should be reported also.  I can't believe you're busting AbaraXas' chops because you don't like the suggestion in the story!

It's not the article, it's the purpose of posting this inflammatory and speculative anti-Trump BS that is being criticized.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 09:29:17 pm »
Oh, please!

It not a "suggestion" it is a blatant smear. There nothing at all in the story that suggest the shooter had anything to do with Trump.

Utter scumbag tactics. This is the sort of garbage posts we expect from the Left. Self Proclaimed "Principled Conservatives" are expected to live up to a higher standard.

Offline Carling

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 09:29:38 pm »
So, write to the newspaper.

It's a blog, not a legitimate newspaper.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2016, 09:29:59 pm »
It's not the article, it's the purpose of posting this inflammatory and speculative anti-Trump BS that is being criticized.

Trump seems to be an inflammatory topic - on both sides.  I would like to know what is being said about my candidate, but I can understand if some don't.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2016, 09:30:37 pm »

.Many are claiming that Odem was a supporter of presidential candidate Donald Trump and he was upset that his Pastor led a rally for Cruz, although that has not been officially confirmed....

Scumbag gutter tactics.