Author Topic: Open Warfare: Romney calls Trump ‘a phony, a fraud’; Trump calls Romney ‘failed candidate’  (Read 16498 times)

HonestJohn

Welp the "GOPe" cannot win in November without Trump supporters, and vice-versa. That there is a fact.

We're in a real bind here, folks.

The difference is that without the Trump supporters, the remainder of the GOP can actually reach out to other voters and slowly win them over with a message of economic prosperity, equal opportunity (not equal outcome, as the Democrats love), and a fair shake for all.

Trump supporters want revenge and lust for the chance to get 'them'.  That drive off everyone who might be willing to give the GOP a chance, based on the first message.

Couple that with the demographic shift underway in America and you can see that the "hated GOPe" version of the Republican party has a chance to grow.  While the Trump side will die off.  Which is why I think he's so popular at the moment, as they realize that it's now or never.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:44:30 pm by HonestJohn »

HonestJohn

Didn't you exist on this site by an earlier name? Godzilla or some such?

That is "phony" and if true, you are a "fraud."

Feel the hate.

Argue the point, instead of casting aspersions against the poster.

Also, why is it that every time any new poster writes something you don't like... it's a "Oh, you're a retread!  Mods... kick this guy out!"  Seriously, if that's your schtick, wouldn't you be happier at the TOS?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:48:22 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Carling

The difference is that without the Trump supporters, the remainder of the GOP can actually reach out to other voters and slowly win them over with a message of economic prosperity, equal opportunity (not equal outcome, as the Democrats love), and a fair shake for all.

Yes, because that worked so well with The Maverick and Milquetoast Milt.

Insanity is trying the same failure over and over again while expecting different results.  The hostile and disgusting personal insults, lies, and actions of the GOoPers have ripped this party forever apart.  I'm loving it!
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Insanity is trying the same failure over and over again while expecting different results.  The hostile and disgusting personal insults, lies, and actions of the GOoPers have ripped this party forever apart.  I'm loving it!   

:thumbsup2:   :thumbsup2:    :thumbsup2:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Couple that with the demographic shift underway in America and you can see that the "hated GOPe" version of the Republican party has a chance to grow.  While the Trump side will die off.  Which is why I think he's so popular at the moment, as they realize that it's now or never.

I'm not convinced about the demographic shift. I think Hispanics will be like Italians and Irish before us. Can you really tell the difference between a third generation Hispanic and a white person? It's damn hard usually. I read an article which showed that more and more "latinos" were self identifying as white, because "latino" isn't really a race anyway and even within "latin american" countries there are "white and black people".

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/22/upshot/more-hispanics-declaring-themselves-white.html

The media narrative is often/usually wrong.

If you add to the fact that poorer people are voting less and less and I don't think the future is as Democratic as the media likes to claim.

Anyway, we need to worry about *this election* because the Supreme Court is in play. That will have long lasting effects on society and may indeed cement a permanent Democratic majority.

Offline aligncare

:thumbsup3: :thumbsup3: :thumbsup3:

• Technical
The hostile and disgusting personal insults, lies, and actions of the GOoPers have ripped this party forever apart.  I'm loving it!

Will you love it when President Hillary creates a permanent Democrat majority on the USSC?

Only thing preventing that now is the "GOPe".

HonestJohn

I'm not convinced about the demographic shift. I think Hispanics will be like Italians and Irish before us. Can you really tell the difference between a third generation Hispanic and a white person? It's damn hard usually. I read an article which showed that more and more "latinos" were self identifying as white, because "latino" isn't really a race anyway and even within "latin american" countries there are "white and black people".

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/22/upshot/more-hispanics-declaring-themselves-white.html

The media narrative is often/usually wrong.

If you add to the fact that poorer people are voting less and less and I don't think the future is as Democratic as the media likes to claim.

Anyway, we need to worry about *this election* because the Supreme Court is in play. That will have long lasting effects on society and may indeed cement a permanent Democratic majority.

I'd agree with the Hispanic bit... if those on the Trump side weren't doing their utmost to drive them away.  They are *all* rapists and murderers, you know.  At every rally, Trump throws out the "Make Mexico pay for the wall" and "Kick the illegals out".

And the Hispanics see just how ecstatic the Trump side is over such talk.

How inclined would you be to vote Democrat if Al Sharpton ran for President and threw out talk saying that "White America will PAY reparations for slavery!"?  They could say all the proper conservative talk in the world... but this sort of talk will trump (pun intended) all of it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:01:45 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Relic

Will you love it when President Hillary creates a permanent Democrat majority on the USSC?

Right, the only thing preventing that is the GOPe. Because if the GOPe would do as they've constantly told us, and support the nominee, Trump could win, and I'd take my chances with a Trump USSC candidate over anything Hillary would select.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Welp the "GOPe" cannot win in November without Trump supporters, and vice-versa. That there is a fact.

We're in a real bind here, folks.

Not so.  I see things a little differently.  Trump has won the open primary states -- his support is NOT coming strictly from the disgruntled GOP -- on the other hand Cruz's wins are coming from closed primary states -- his win is coming from the disgruntled conservative GOP as he is anti-establishment. So there are 2 scenarios (without going to a brokered convention).  Trump and Cruz team up together which would give some cross over voters, disgruntled conservatives and a completely anti-establishment ticket and clearly front runner and 2nd in place would be enough to win it, or Cruz and Rubio team up giving us both an anti-establishment and the establishment ticket, and by the poll numbers they would have enough to beat Trump.  There is a 3rd scenario; Trump teaming up with Rubio ... but the establishment would be mortified and I think that ship has long sailed.

Ironically, the way I see it, Cruz is in a very good position right now.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:02:44 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline aligncare

I've been voting GOPe since 1988.

Today, they lost me as a loyal voter after Reince Priebus broke his agreement with Donald Trump not to interfere in the process.

I'm following Trump wherever he decides to go, whatever he decides to do.

F the GOP! (relax, that's "forget" the GOP).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:03:57 pm by aligncare »

Offline Paladin

Cool. That explains Kagan and Sotomayor.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

A-Lert

Today, they lost me as a loyal voter after Reince Priebus broke his agreement with Donald Trump not to interfere in the process.

The infantile bickering is going to cost the GOP dearly. I'm a registered Independent conservative realist. I generally vote with the GOP, and would vote for anyone but Satan to keep Hillary from the US Presidency. I would even vote for Cruz.

Online mountaineer

Bravo, A-lert, and welcome to GBR.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

Mindlessness is a terrible thing to watch.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

I just wish he would leave already and stop pretending he's a Republican.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

A-Lert

This is brutal...too bad we didn't see this Romney in 2012 attacking Obama

Why don't we see him attacking Hillary, Obama and the democrats now????

A-Lert

Bravo, A-lert, and welcome to GBR.

Thank you! I've been a long time lurker and finally decided to post my 2 cents worth. This election is too  critical to allow Hillary anywhere near the US Presidency.

Offline NavyCanDo

Why don't we see him attacking Hillary, Obama and the democrats now????

Because Trump is Hillary's path to the White House. Undisputed polls say if he is the nominee, Hillary beats him in a landslide.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

Thank you! I've been a long time lurker and finally decided to post my 2 cents worth. This election is too  critical to allow Hillary anywhere near the US Presidency.

And yet the GOPe is playing with fire on that point. Reince Priebus broke the promise.

Offline aligncare

And yet the GOPe is playing with fire on that point. It was Reince Priebus who broke the promise. So much for the angst over Donald Trump's unpredictability. It was the GOPe that blinked first.

Offline sinkspur

And yet the GOPe is playing with fire on that point. Reince Priebus broke the promise.

Priebus broke no promise. 

Besides, if you guys are so sure of your boys prowess, why get your shorts in a wad like he does anytime somebody takes a shot at him? 

Are you worried, deep down, that he's at his high water mark?  He's never had a united front against him, and now he does.

And if he wants to go 3rd party, go.  There's a huge segment of the GOP that believes we'll lose if he's the nominee, so, if we can get rid of him by driving him to a 3rd party, we still lose but we're rid of Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

• Technical
Cool. That explains Kagan and Sotomayor.

Did the GOP have a filibuster quorum at that time? I don't remember.

Anyway I'm simply stating the facts. The GOPe is the only thing stopping a 30 year stretch of a liberal supreme court.

This means no voter ID, climate skeptics in jail, no more talk radio, permanent union dues from your paycheck, etc.

Plain and simple.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I just wish he would leave already and stop pretending he's a Republican.

Who gives a sh*t if he's not a "Republican"?  He's not a Commie!    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I have been a loyal, in the trenches, Republican for more than 40 years. Been to every Republican state Convention in Texas since 1988 and served on numerous committees at those events. Have been elected to attend two National conventions as a voting delegate and it ALL ends if Trump is the nominee. I'll vote third party before I vote for Trump!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien