Author Topic: 2016 homicides almost double numbers from this time last year  (Read 887 times)

rangerrebew

2016 homicides almost double numbers from this time last year
« on: February 28, 2016, 09:17:04 pm »

2016 homicides almost double numbers from this time last year

WLS

http://abc7chicago.com/news/2016-homicides-almost-double-numbers-from-this-time-last-year/1222649/

Updated 2 hrs 30 mins ago
CHICAGO (WLS) --
Since late Friday afternoon, two people were killed and at least 17 others have been wounded in shootings across the city in what is already shaping up to be a violent year in Chicago.

There have been 95 homicides in Chicago since the start of the year, according to Chicago Police Director of News Affairs Anthony Gugliemi. The number is almost double the 48 reported at this time last year.

Shari Graham, 30, was sitting in a car near 38th and Princeton around 9:45 p.m. Friday when someone opened fire and hit her in the back. She died at the hospital.

On Saturday afternoon a 26-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman were sitting in a car in the 900-block of 85th Street late in the afternoon when someone walked up to the car and fired shots. The man was shot in the head and killed, and the woman was shot and is in serious condition.

Chicago's interim police superintendent has called the violence in Chicago unacceptable and is responding by shifting officers to high-crime areas.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 09:17:49 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: 2016 homicides almost double numbers from this time last year
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 09:18:40 pm »
The you have it, TOUGH GUN LAWS WORK. :3:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 09:19:11 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 04:12:52 pm »
I am sure all they need in Chicago is just some strong gun laws there and more background checks that will fix it.
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 04:16:19 pm »
Mayor Twinkletoes will get right on it, I'm sure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org